not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

agency workers

05 Dec 2019, 12:47

agency workers have started in our office we were told to deliver parcels nobody else wanted to deliver over the last few days they have started to deliver mail I thought they were only there for parcels does anyone know please

agency workers

05 Dec 2019, 16:53

claystones wrote:agency workers have started in our office we were told to deliver parcels nobody else wanted to deliver over the last few days they have started to deliver mail I thought they were only there for parcels does anyone know please

I raised this issue on the Strikebreakers thread. Was told explicitly more than once they were only there to cover parcels, but at least two of them delivering mail on Saturday that I witnessed. Our Union guy says its allowed, others seem to be of different opinion. Different rules, different offices it seems. No consistency with management or Union.

agency workers

05 Dec 2019, 17:04

sums up our great union
anyway they can deliver all mine couldnt care less :dance :dance

agency workers

05 Dec 2019, 17:06

No consistency with management or Union and there is jack s**t we can do about it in my do i was told they cant do mail only packets they can do them if they like it makes my life easy but at the back of that i have no idea where this will all end up so for the time being there here to do a job so just make life easy for yourselves and let them take your packets/mail

agency workers

05 Dec 2019, 17:51

My biggest worry is that in the meantime they are learning the job in time for us to be potentially on strike. Then they will be there to take over.

agency workers

05 Dec 2019, 19:18

ssdd wrote:My biggest worry is that in the meantime they are learning the job in time for us to be potentially on strike. Then they will be there to take over.

Don't worry presume they haven't had to do ips or prep anything yet, that'll be when the fun starts.

agency workers

06 Dec 2019, 16:20

I wonder how much the Agencies (not the agency staff) are being paid per hour. I bet it's more than our o/t rate.
Perhaps if our staff were offered the same rate they may be prepared to do the extra parcels (and to a better standard than the agency staff).

agency workers

08 Dec 2019, 17:41

Deleted.
Last edited by MarkItZ3r0 on 08 Dec 2019, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

agency workers

08 Dec 2019, 18:08

Rumple wrote:I wonder how much the Agencies (not the agency staff) are being paid per hour. I bet it's more than our o/t rate.
Perhaps if our staff were offered the same rate they may be prepared to do the extra parcels (and to a better standard than the agency staff).

It is,the agency's get paid £15 per hour and you're quite right I think more postie's would jump at the chance of more overtime if it was paid at this rate

agency workers

10 Jan 2020, 19:41

Anyone else losing/lost the agency workers since Christmas? Had loads of them in during Pressure, but now only 2.

agency workers

10 Jan 2020, 20:26

only 2 left in our place too. was out with one the other day and he said they were only brought in to cover the strike and he seems to think another strike is only around the corner. don't know what the agency is telling these chaps.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1