not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 18:11

what happens if I give my resignation while on sick leave? Do I have to return & work a weeks notice? Or is it just a case of not returning?. :hmmmm

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 18:32

Warriorpostie wrote:what happens if I give my resignation while on sick leave? Do I have to return & work a weeks notice? Or is it just a case of not returning?. :hmmmm

Weekly pay and part time do you have a job to go to without a reference that is better they could chase you for it but you would miss the job you want?

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 18:41

May have the opportunity of another job but I’m just testing the water as to what my options are. Unsure of needing references etc as I’m pretty sure it’s hard to get a reference from Royal Mail anyway. If I had to return & work a week I would.

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 18:46

Why jump then just bide your time and it is not a good time to look for a job at this time of year is my advice,If I could get a job paying £1000 a week I would jump at the opportunity.

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 18:52

I’ve done an interview for another job... waiting on a decision. If I get offered it I’m taking it... but I wanted to know where I stand with my weeks notice as I’m currently on sick leave...

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 19:18

Warriorpostie wrote:I’ve done an interview for another job... waiting on a decision. If I get offered it I’m taking it... but I wanted to know where I stand with my weeks notice as I’m currently on sick leave...

Well some on here say it's a months notice it depends on your start date. If you have a start date and really want the job go for it but as I have never left RM it would be on my mind too all I can say is good luck and all the best in your endeavours for a better job.

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 20:51

Been in the job over 8 years. I think new starts are a months notice. Can a union rep confirm this? Also if anyone knows what my entitlements are in terms of shares, paid annual leave etc when resigning.

Some advice please....

21 Nov 2019, 21:05

It is one of those things you would normally keep have a dig around, I found my contract 41.5 hours a week for £130 makes you wonder why I stayed at the time!

Some advice please....

25 Nov 2019, 00:34

Checked my contract of employment is states if paid weekly then one weeks notice. If paid monthly then four weeks notice. Makes sense.

Still unsure how it works if I’m on long term sick & want to hand in notice. :hmmmm

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1