not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

signed walks

16 Nov 2019, 17:48

If some one has signed for a walk, but that person is in work doing other walks then I am put on this walk? where do I stand?

signed walks

16 Nov 2019, 18:15

ursula1 wrote:If some one has signed for a walk, but that person is in work doing other walks then I am put on this walk? where do I stand?

If any query was to be raised about the situation I would have thought it would come from the person who had signed for the walk.
Perhaps they're glad to be off it. I suspect it's the worst walk in the office you're on? Are you a cover/leave reserve?

signed walks

17 Nov 2019, 16:32

The reality is that unless it's a skilled duty that you haven't been trained for, they can put
puts where they want. Am speaking from experience, although I've got my own round, last couple of months I've been on a business cover duty because I happen to know most of the business rounds in the office, when the work former holder of the duty was sacked

signed walks

17 Nov 2019, 20:01

barcajr wrote:The reality is that unless it's a skilled duty that you haven't been trained for, they can put
puts where they want. Am speaking from experience, although I've got my own round, last couple of months I've been on a business cover duty because I happen to know most of the business rounds in the office, when the work former holder of the duty was sacked

I was thinking on 2 revisions a year into 2 groups lets say over 50s' and under 50s' first on seniority and last by skills, everyone would have their own walk for 6 months at least.

signed walks

18 Nov 2019, 14:25

ursula1 wrote:If some one has signed for a walk, but that person is in work doing other walks then I am put on this walk? where do I stand?

Are you a reserve?

If so, just work as directed. Nothing you can do.

Do you have your own duty? If so do as directed (operational needs). BUT. . if it happens a lot, go and see the rep. Anyone can be moved around at any time,
but the manager has to be fair. If he moves you around and not others, that's not fair.

I'm guessing you are a reserve, so that's your job, to stand in for duty holders while they do something else.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1