not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Conduct code time frame

15 Nov 2019, 19:16

Hi, does anyone know the length of time between a conduct code alleged incident and the manager’s decision? I have just received a written warning for an alleged offence that happened on the 7th October 2019. From that date until the decision was 39 days. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by POSTMAN on 15 Nov 2019, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Union room

Conduct code time frame

16 Nov 2019, 16:16

Anyone with any rough ideas?

Conduct code time frame

16 Nov 2019, 17:08

I would also be interested in knowing this, I rang Royal Mail first class chat and the lady I spoke to said conduct cases should be resolved within 28 days.

So whether or not this is true or untrue I am not sure and if it holds some sort of penalty or case points going in favour of the employe under investigation.

I have found it hard to find information regarding this.

Conduct code time frame

16 Nov 2019, 17:44

linksmiters wrote:I would also be interested in knowing this, I rang Royal Mail first class chat and the lady I spoke to said conduct cases should be resolved within 28 days.

Should be and must be are different things.
What if a witness was on annual leave for 3 weeks? It would lengthen the whole process.
I doubt if there are any hard and fast rules that would hold any water.

Conduct code time frame

17 Nov 2019, 05:38

POSTMAN wrote:Anyone with any rough ideas?

There is no exact timetable that x should be done within such and such a time table.

As with all things related to employment tribunals, the only requirement is that it should be done within a reasonable time, and any delays are down to reasonable causes. :sad:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1