not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Instant Sackable Offences

13 Nov 2019, 17:37

So you're a good bloke, you are on good terms with management, you've had no previous issues/offences on your record, you get caught for doing something and suspended....which offences are likely to lead to dismissal....

I ask as I've noticed people getting caught out here and there and I'm curious as to how easy it is to get sacked by one lapse in concentration, an honest mistake, one moment of stupidity....

I have just guessed the most likely outcome.... please revise as you guys see fit....

Warning (In most cases):
Doorstepping.
You go in for tea and biscuits with a customer.
You finish early and sit about in your van.
Signing for something.
Not delivering a Special on time.
You have a roll away which damages someone else's vehicles or property or the van.
You crash the van due to lack of due care and attention. slight - medium damage to van or other vehicles.

Could go either way depending on the manager:
Leaving the van unlocked and a manager noticing.
Leaving parcels/post on the front seat and a manager noticing.
You leave the van running as you do a delivery and a manager sees.
You get caught by police or a manager with no seat belt on.

Dismissed:
Leaving the van unlocked and post getting stolen.
Leaving parcel on the front seat, chav smashes window and steals parcel.
You leave the van running as you do a delivery and the van gets stolen.
You have a roll away which kills or injures someone.
You crash the van due to reckless driving.

13 Nov 2019, 17:51

If you have a rollaway of any kind it is viewed as a sackable offence but really depends on what your DOM is like. Know of a guy who got sacked for a rollaway with just a broken headlight.

13 Nov 2019, 17:53

In fact all the things you listed as worthy of just a warning can potentially lead to dismissal.

13 Nov 2019, 20:18

Where's the Not liking football.
Not laughing at the aisle `daddy's` constant racist and homophobic s**t jokes where he says the same s**t every day.
And the ole favourite of you actually using a trolley and then getting called a twat as you've no time to lapse off your runaround w****r colleagues?

13 Nov 2019, 20:39

General Mannerheim wrote:Where's the Not liking football.(fackin homo)
Not laughing at the aisle `daddy's` constant racist and homophobic s**t jokes where he says the same s**t every day.
And the ole favourite of you actually using a trolley and then getting called a twat as you've no time to lapse off your runaround w****r colleagues?

You are fun man

14 Nov 2019, 06:21

General Mannerheim wrote:Where's the Not liking football.(fackin homo)

Sounds like you work in a god damn awful office.

14 Nov 2019, 06:27

chocolatesaltyballs wrote:In fact all the things you listed as worthy of just a warning can potentially lead to dismissal.

From what I've noticed the majority of Posties doorstep. I am sure managers are aware of this too. It's probably the most common 'offence' alongside Posties avoiding going back to the depot when they finish early.

At our depot, with roll aways and van crashes it seems people just get taken off driving for a few weeks. I guess if it's a bad roll away or bad crash then you're gone.

It's kind of worrying how easy it is to get sacked in this job. An honest mistake or a busy, stressful day and you cut a corner that you shouldn't...you get caught and the boss is cut throat about it....then fack!!!!

You would think the driver would get an extra bonus for taking on so much more risk. They have to typically lock the van. Do van checks. Obviously drive the van and park the van making sure it's parked safely.

14 Nov 2019, 09:08

norris9 wrote:
chocolatesaltyballs wrote:In fact all the things you listed as worthy of just a warning can potentially lead to dismissal.

From what I've noticed the majority of Posties doorstep. I am sure managers are aware of this too. It's probably the most common 'offence' alongside Posties avoiding going back to the depot when they finish early.
Speak for yourself I never have and never will doorstep anything. I won't even leave anything in an open porch (If its open to put it in then someone can open it to take it out). As for waiting to go back because of finishing early thats a pipe dream for me, going only half hour over is deemed early for me.

14 Nov 2019, 18:12

Marshamp11 wrote:
Speak for yourself I never have and never will doorstep anything. I won't even leave anything in an open porch (If its open to put it in then someone can open it to take it out)[/quote]

I had a bit of a talking to by my line manager about the amount of parcels I bring back, I have to admit I have never knocked a neighbor & would never try porch door, if they not in it goes back, I was then told if you can leave a parcel in an open porch if you take a photo & apparently there is a camera on the PDA?

14 Nov 2019, 20:25

twoloops wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Speak for yourself I never have and never will doorstep anything. I won't even leave anything in an open porch (If its open to put it in then someone can open it to take it out)

I had a bit of a talking to by my line manager about the amount of parcels I bring back, I have to admit I have never knocked a neighbor & would never try porch door, if they not in it goes back, I was then told if you can leave a parcel in an open porch if you take a photo & apparently there is a camera on the PDA?[/quote]
You should have been given training on the 'safeplace' tracked items. It's not rocket science but is a failure on the part of your DOM to not get this done.

14 Nov 2019, 20:28

norris9 wrote:

At our depot, with roll aways and van crashes it seems people just get taken off driving for a few weeks. I guess if it's a bad roll away or bad crash then you're gone.

It's kind of worrying how easy it is to get sacked in this job. An honest mistake or a busy, stressful day and you cut a corner that you shouldn't...you get caught and the boss is cut throat about it....then fack!!!!

You would think the driver would get an extra bonus for taking on so much more risk. They have to typically lock the van. Do van checks. Obviously drive the van and park the van making sure it's parked safely.

Standard practice is after three blameworthy RTCs within I think three years gets you a two year ban on driving RM vehicles. If a non driving duty cannot be sourced for you then you would lose your job.

15 Nov 2019, 17:24

N
Last edited by Dindin on 15 Nov 2019, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

15 Nov 2019, 17:59

twoloops wrote:...............would never try porch door, if they not in it goes back, I was then told if you can leave a parcel in an open porch if you take a photo & apparently there is a camera on the PDA?

Good calls Marshamp and twoloops - unless it says on the 'Safeplace' on a tracked item 'Leave in porch', what RM procedure states you can open
a porch door? What happens if you knock over the valuable vase on the table in the porch? What happens if something goes missing from
the porch? What happens if there's a dog dozing in the porch and takes a liking to your hand or shoots out of the open door?

15 Nov 2019, 22:38

If you’re part of the old brigade you can get away with murder. The invincibles I call em.

15 Nov 2019, 22:39

Jpro747 wrote:If you’re part of the old brigade you can get away with murder. The invincibles I call em.

Every office del or mc has them.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2