ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No re sign?

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

No re sign?

Post by matthew68 »

We had are changes about 4 year ago and never had a re sign , as Dom said we don’t want one, and since then I have. Been doing floating or whatever he wanyme to do.it seems unfair as a lot of people’s with less years than me have own walks but every time I question this he says that’s just the way it is , it’s business needs! I asked about re sign and he simply says it’s not going to happen which means I will never have own walk as he says none available! Is this. Correct or can I force a re pick as I am fed up with constant changing surely there has to be some sort of seniority process?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

No re sign?

Post by rehabron »

matthew68 wrote:We had are changes about 4 year ago and never had a re sign , as Dom said we don’t want one, and since then I have. Been doing floating or whatever he wanyme to do.it seems unfair as a lot of people’s with less years than me have own walks but every time I question this he says that’s just the way it is , it’s business needs! I asked about re sign and he simply says it’s not going to happen which means I will never have own walk as he says none available! Is this. Correct or can I force a re pick as I am fed up with constant changing surely there has to be some sort of seniority process?
Full resign is when a major change has taken place and 33 1/3 % of the overall duties have been impacted by change and what you have described not does come into the category of a full resign even from 4 years ago. Unaware if the people who have their own walks and less senior to you are on different contracted hours to you and the business seems to be constructing duties in alignment with employees contracted hours to the detriment of FT staff this seems to be their agenda and the nature of the business.
Seniority is still considered when posts have the same total of working hours.
Vacant duties within your unit should be advertised for resign if 5% of duties are vacant or have remained vacant for 6 months. You will need to bear this in mind as this will give you an opportunity to apply for in the place of a full resign.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

No re sign?

Post by matthew68 »

rehabron wrote:
matthew68 wrote:We had are changes about 4 year ago and never had a re sign , as Dom said we don’t want one, and since then I have. Been doing floating or whatever he wanyme to do.it seems unfair as a lot of people’s with less years than me have own walks but every time I question this he says that’s just the way it is , it’s business needs! I asked about re sign and he simply says it’s not going to happen which means I will never have own walk as he says none available! Is this. Correct or can I force a re pick as I am fed up with constant changing surely there has to be some sort of seniority process?
Full resign is when a major change has taken place and 33 1/3 % of the overall duties have been impacted by change and what you have described not does come into the category of a full resign even from 4 years ago. Unaware if the people who have their own walks and less senior to you are on different contracted hours to you and the business seems to be constructing duties in alignment with employees contracted hours to the detriment of FT staff this seems to be their agenda and the nature of the business.
Seniority is still considered when posts have the same total of working hours.
Vacant duties within your unit should be advertised for resign if 5% of duties are vacant or have remained vacant for 6 months. You will need to bear this in mind as this will give you an opportunity to apply for in the place of a full resign.
well I am a full timer and now doing a floating duty, covering full time walks yet my partner is part time plus when people work day off I often change to a part time walk,yet when ask to go on one of these permanent they say no, it just seems whatever suits them on any given day, so I guess I just have to do as Dom says and not challenge anything,.it seems the better you are the more you get used