Great timing !
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
Glad they have as it happens - cos thats who I was (privately) backing. Just got my voting codes through from the Labour Party by email and had the voting page in front of me on the laptop ready to tick the box for Leonard when the phone rang. It was someone canvassing for Sarwar
Great timing !
Great timing !
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
Get rid of labour from Scotland and just have conservatives
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
I would get rid of them from England as well maybe it would stop cwu wasting money our subscriptions to a party I’d never vote for
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
Driver74 wrote:I would get rid of them from England as well maybe it would stop cwu wasting money our subscriptions to a party I’d never vote for
Unless you pay into the Political Fund, which is optional, exactly zero % of your subs goes to the Labour Party. It would be illegal for it to do so.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
That’s good to know but they choose to waste funds on things like sending letters to all the members telling you to vote against brexit when everyone I spoke to at work did the opposite they constantly try push Labour Party Crap down our throats lots of our members are happy to pay into cwu but would never vote labour they should remember that
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
They weren't telling you - we aren't a totalitarian state. They were advising you.Driver74 wrote:That’s good to know but they choose to waste funds on things like sending letters to all the members telling you to vote against brexit when everyone I spoke to at work did the opposite they constantly try push Labour Party Crap down our throats lots of our members are happy to pay into cwu but would never vote labour they should remember that
It was a political act paid from the Political fund so if you don't pay into it you didn't pay for it.
If they would never vote Labour why are they paying into the Political Fund which is where the donations come from. Also, the PF and where its money is spent is decided by members paying into it, both through annual conference motions and regular ballots as required by law. However, the returns on that ballot is always low so members who disagree with the policies and don't vote must accept some of the blame if things happen they disagree with.
Remember though not all of the PF goes towards Labour, it also pays for Political campaigns such as Anti Privatisation and the Change in Dog Laws that the Union were major players in getting on to the statute books.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU recommend Richard Leonard for Scottish Labour leader
That potential voting and attending members are apathetic when determining policies is no excuse, either morally or statistically, for some of the CWU "recommendations" over the years, and the Brexit campaign (mentioned above) was a prime example."TrueBlueTerrier Also, the PF and where its money is spent is decided by members paying into it, both through annual conference motions and regular ballots as required by law. However, the returns on that ballot is always low so members who disagree with the policies and don't vote must accept some of the blame if things happen they disagree with.![]()
In this instance "I didn't vote, therefore I'm partly to blame" is a nonsense, and an inversion of democratic principles.
Ward's endorsement of Momentum was possibly understandable, but yet another example of the union's high-handedness.