ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Time off and reduced pay!!
-
Jupitor5
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 07 May 2014, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Time off and reduced pay!!
So back at the beginning of the year I was on the sick for 5 months. I've returned to work and not had a single day sick since. My previous injuries have flared up again and I'm unsure of the protocol regarding sick pay. Is it all added together over 12 months and if 6 months is surpassed, my pay would be cut to statutory? I'm hoping that I will only have to put up with my pain short term, but if I need to take time off I will. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Time off and reduced pay!!
Full sick pay lasts for 6 months and is aggregated over 4 years as far as I can remember.
Once full sick pay entitlement is used then you go onto 1/2 pay for another 6 months.
After that its nothing except something to do with pension pay.
You can claim Statutory sick pay after the first 3 days (ie from the 4th day) but this depends on so many factors its best checking yourself https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Once full sick pay entitlement is used then you go onto 1/2 pay for another 6 months.
After that its nothing except something to do with pension pay.
You can claim Statutory sick pay after the first 3 days (ie from the 4th day) but this depends on so many factors its best checking yourself https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jupitor5
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 07 May 2014, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Time off and reduced pay!!
Thanks TBT. So what you're saying is, if my allotted totalled absence is more than 6 months, over 4 years, I would receive statutory pay??
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Time off and reduced pay!!
Nope.Jupitor5 wrote:Thanks TBT. So what you're saying is, if my allotted totalled absence is more than 6 months, over 4 years, I would receive statutory pay??
You have had 5 months off.
Go off again and you will get a months full pay, making your total 6 months on full pay.
You will then go down to half pay for six months.
If you continue to be off after this period you then drop down to Stat pay.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.