ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Manager won't pay my extra hours work
-
soulboy75
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 20:55
- Gender: Male
Manager won't pay my extra hours work
I am on 25hrs a week contract. 9am to 2pm. I have been regularly starting at 6.30/7am to throw off my walk due to staff shortages and will finish my walk between 2-3pm or sometimes later depending on workload. I am happy to work the extra hours however my manager has told me that I am being paid from 7am and expected to complete my duty within the given time and will not receive pay for any work over my finish time. For example today I completed sorting from 7am to 830am, half of a sick colleagues walk and three absorption walks by 2pm. The manager called me and asked if I will complete another absorption walk, which I agreed to. I finished at 3pm. I asked what will I be paid for the extra work. Only to be told that I was slow and this was to be included in my regular hours.
-
Weetrogg2
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 11 Nov 2013, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Manager won't pay my extra hours work
Sounds simply but just refuse to work any extra before or after an I bet within a week they will be begging you to do extra,to which my reply would be not a chance.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32787
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Manager won't pay my extra hours work
Seek out a rep or workplace coach for help!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Manager won't pay my extra hours work
defiantly talk to your rep, and stop going in early and staying out late, cut of if needed, I'm on such a s**t round at work, and never cut off, on my rest days people ALWAYS cut off, then I moan i don't finish within time..
-
japost
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 17:49
- Gender: Male
Manager won't pay my extra hours work
You must obtain authorisation to claim o/t. Follow annex 1 procedure to the letter.