ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Royal Mail Group (excluding POL) Transfer Policy and Process

19 May 2014, 15:01

To: Branches with POSTAL Members

Dear Colleagues

Following the debate and carriage of motion 61 at Annual Postal Conference discussions have recently taken place with Royal Mail.

61 CATEGORY A:
This Conference recognises that the current Royal Mail Transfer Policy is not fit for purpose and not working, which is disadvantaging many of our members.
This Conference instructs the Postal Executive to meet with the business at the earliest opportunity to negotiate a new robust National Transfer Agreement.
South East No.5

During the debate it was pointed out that the link which was previously published via LTB 221/12 was not working. This has been raised with Royal Mail and it seems that whilst the link attached to PSP is correct and working, the link which was shared previously via LTB 221/12 has been changed and replaced with the link below which should now be used when seeking to apply for job alerts.

How do I register for alerts and complete an on-line application?
This is done at www.royalmailgroup.com/myjob

Also, attached to this LTB is the up to date policy guide which contains the process for registering for job alerts.

In relation to moving the matter forward in line with conference policy, the discussions with Royal Mail have continued to be positive as was reported at Annual Conference, and to assist those discussions Branches are invited to provide reports to the department of examples where they believe the Transfer Policy has not worked or they believe is not fit for purpose. Any reports received will form part of the ongoing discussions with Royal Mail to assist in delivering the terms of the motion.

Reports should be sent into the Outdoor Department by close of play on Wednesday 28th May 2014.
Any enquiries to Bob Gibson’s Office, quoting reference 440.23
Email address: hnutley@cwu.org

Yours sincerely

Bob Gibson
CWU Assistant Secretary – Outdoor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Royal Mail Group (excluding POL) Transfer Policy and Pro

24 May 2014, 16:15

Still not allowed to transfer whilst temporary then :evil/mad

Re: Royal Mail Group (excluding POL) Transfer Policy and Pro

02 Oct 2015, 19:53

Is this guidance still current?

Would be interested to know if the 28-day timeframe for the transfer to be completed is a firm limit, it seems to be regularly exceeded with DOMs citing "operational requirements".

07 Jul 2016, 18:02

Hi there need some help!

I recently applied for internal transfer on success factors and a couple days later hr called to say they are offering me the job in the office I applied for. They told me that the agreement was that my manager had 28 days to agree a start date for me with the manager of the office I was going to. But now my manager is saying he isn't letting me go until he gets a replacement which can take up to 12 weeks. The manager of the office I want to transfer told me that he can't keep the vacancy that long and will have to fill it ASAP.

Is this allowed and what can I do?

Any advice?

07 Jul 2016, 18:34

jchristian wrote:Hi there need some help!

I recently applied for internal transfer on success factors and a couple days later hr called to say they are offering me the job in the office I applied for. They told me that the agreement was that my manager had 28 days to agree a start date for me with the manager of the office I was going to. But now my manager is saying he isn't letting me go until he gets a replacement which can take up to 12 weeks. The manager of the office I want to transfer told me that he can't keep the vacancy that long and will have to fill it ASAP.

Is this allowed and what can I do?

Any advice?

Get union involved asap.

31 Jul 2016, 19:38

Hi, I've been with Royal Mail 10 months and was made permanent 3 months in. I asked for a transfer to another office (more local to me) about 2 months ago. Dom seemed straight from the off to be funny with me, was the start of me realising managers don't work with staff they work against. Where do I stand?

01 Aug 2016, 12:55

Dave19 wrote:Hi, I've been with Royal Mail 10 months and was made permanent 3 months in. I asked for a transfer to another office (more local to me) about 2 months ago. Dom seemed straight from the off to be funny with me, was the start of me realising managers don't work with staff they work against. Where do I stand?

I think you have to complete your trial period first but after that you have every right to APPLY for a transfer. Royal Mail don't have to grant the transfer, but it is harder for them to refuse if you have the receiving manager on side, and if you applied officially as per above.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1