not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Later starts...The Unions response?

19 Mar 2007, 19:39

As you can see we have a thread regarding a 6.00am start come August (i believe.)
Can anybody shed any light on this,i mean from the unions position.
Most postmen choose to bury their heads in the sand and worry about it when it happens,some say we have to vote on it yet,and some feel it's inevitable.
But my question is, when Royal mail approached the regulator to change our start times from 4.00 to 5.00 do they need to inform them again,or is there a time-frame in place.
also if as Royal mail suggest, it's in the best interests of the business,would they need to consult the union to force a ballot? :Confused

19 Mar 2007, 20:43

AS FAR AS I HAVE SEEN ROUND OUR OFFICE NO ONE SEEMS FOR CERTAIN WHAT OUR NEW TIMES WILL BE, ALTHOUGH 0600 FULL TIME WALKS ,0700 FULL TIME RURAL, 0800 30 HR PART TIME ,AND GOD KNOWS FOR THE 25 HR STAFF SEEMS TO BE THE MOST COMMON RUMOUR, AS FOR THE UNION THEY STILL SEEM TOO BUSY WITH THEIR OWN AGENDA TO WORRY ABOUT THE CONCERNS OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP, ALTHOUGH I ASSUME THEY WILL GET ROUND TO TELLING US SOMETHING EVENTUALLY MAYBE THE NEXT TIME THEY NEED SOMETHING VOTING ON I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOUR OFFICE BUT WE ARE DEFINATLY FEELING ABANDONED BY THE NATIONAL UNION SHIP WITH NO RUDOUR SYNDROME MAYBE

19 Mar 2007, 21:00

I'm sure the regulator has nothing to do with it as long as we deliver once a day,at the mo times aren't a problem,although the more complaints they get..........
As for the union,if your office agrees a later start then it can go in,but every thing should go to area 1st.
Every thing my rep does goes to area,but we've not agreed anything yet,but later starts aren't an issue down here as we're later starts allready.

20 Mar 2007, 16:46

Our area CWU has informed the Area Manager that if they try to bring in later starts they will ballot for Industrial Action. In our office they want later starts as follows:

F/T - 0700hrs
Drivers - 0800hrs
P/T - 0900hrs

:shock: :crazy: :so there

20 Mar 2007, 17:45

RM will put the changes down tothe needs of the business, times for deliveries at the moment are towns 2.00pm rurals 3.00pm

20 Mar 2007, 19:47

Hi

I take it that IF these later starts come in WE will lose OUR early shift allowance OR will that be pay protected???????? :pray

20 Mar 2007, 21:11

It'll be protected in line with the agreement, to a maximum of 3 years.

Then you lose it.

:no no

20 Mar 2007, 21:59

protected for 3 years, but if your over 50 you get it till your 60.

20 Mar 2007, 23:15

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Our area CWU has informed the Area Manager that if they try to bring in later starts they will ballot for Industrial Action. In our office they want later starts as follows:

F/T - 0700hrs
Drivers - 0800hrs
P/T - 0900hrs

:shock: :crazy: :so there

Blimey,didn't realise they want you to go to 0700hrs :neutral: no word of that down here as of yet,we're 05-45 at the mo.

17 Apr 2007, 20:58

PAY PROTECTION FOR UNDER 50 IS 1 YEAR 17 WEEKS :no no

later start times

25 Apr 2007, 12:36

They're going for 0600 start times for full-timers down here. The Union Branch have informed rm that they will ballot the whole area if they try to impose these changes without agreement this also includes the mail centre (WOEMC).

The Branch Office sent out by e-mail the pay protection timescales for your early shift allowance I have pasted it below.

Listed below is a table that gives the level of pay protection depending on how long an individual has received their shift allowance;

Time period where in receipt of continuous allowances Lump sum equivalent of differences
> 6 months 0
6 - 12 months 17 weeks
12 - 18 months 34 weeks
18 - 24 months 1 year
24 - 36 months 1 year 17 weeks
+ 36 months 3 years

Those over 50 at the time of change will receive pay protection to the age of 60.

Ps - robd ain't 0400 start times a night turn????? :crazy:

25 Apr 2007, 23:00

ROCKY wrote:AS FAR AS I HAVE SEEN ROUND OUR OFFICE NO ONE SEEMS FOR CERTAIN WHAT OUR NEW TIMES WILL BE, ALTHOUGH 0600 FULL TIME WALKS ,0700 FULL TIME RURAL, 0800 30 HR PART TIME ,AND GOD KNOWS FOR THE 25 HR STAFF SEEMS TO BE THE MOST COMMON RUMOUR, AS FOR THE UNION THEY STILL SEEM TOO BUSY WITH THEIR OWN AGENDA TO WORRY ABOUT THE CONCERNS OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP, ALTHOUGH I ASSUME THEY WILL GET ROUND TO TELLING US SOMETHING EVENTUALLY MAYBE THE NEXT TIME THEY NEED SOMETHING VOTING ON I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOUR OFFICE BUT WE ARE DEFINATLY FEELING ABANDONED BY THE NATIONAL UNION SHIP WITH NO RUDOUR SYNDROME MAYBE
:oops: :oops: Rocky mate, it ain't the union who decide what time you start work. If RM don't tell the union what time you will be starting, how can they tell you? My concerns are:- Whats going to happen to my pension, why am I not getting a pay rise? Why will I lose my 25 quid a week d2d payment? Will I get paid when I cover short time sick if someone in my walk group goes down (answer:- NO) Another question. Do you have a rep? :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :speak to the hand :speak to the hand

26 Apr 2007, 08:53

that post was before the latest round of bad news we do have a rep sort off,he listens to everything you say then does fu?k all about it he is more interested in his cwu career than us and his polotics he even managed to get thrown out of the geo route meetings,and lost one set of options by not bothering to tell the rest of us about it,great at putting flyers out on frames and defending individuals who are in the shite though, as has been mentioed before though on this site even when a national agreement is put in it seems to effect all of us in different ways, just look on the board at all the different start and out times round the country

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1