not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

CWU Rules.

11 Aug 2007, 23:05

No listing of the rules but there is a download link

The page is http://www.cwu.org/11990/rulebook.html

Updated Oct 2011

11 Aug 2007, 23:17

vital reading at this time,many thanks an important tool :Very Happy

25 Oct 2007, 21:12

RULE 14 SECTIONS B AND C FOR ALL YOU SC4BBY BAS TARD S :evil/mad

25 Oct 2007, 21:17

Rule 14 section 2 subsections A,B,C,and D for all officers who agreed to this deal

Union rules

30 Nov 2007, 18:06

Funny how there is no rules about protecting peoples jobs over s/a`s and overtime isn`t it?

Suasage Chips And Beans

09 Feb 2008, 18:48

with regards to rule 14..why are members not being disciplined for a)Breaking the strike and b)Starting early,using cars,carrying O/W pouches and all the other things which contravene the way CWU guidelines are set out to do the job properly

Re: Suasage Chips And Beans

09 Feb 2008, 19:18

Sparx71 wrote:with regards to rule 14..why are members not being disciplined for a)Breaking the strike and b)Starting early,using cars,carrying O/W pouches and all the other things which contravene the way CWU guidelines are set out to do the job properly

In short? Money and appeals - you'd probably be amazed at the number of "hardship" cases there'd be.

09 Feb 2008, 21:00

very f***ing funny that the same rules dont apply to Northern ireland, isnt that right b.....you xxxx :shhhhh

19 Nov 2008, 09:23

BELIAL wrote:Rule 14 section 2 subsections A,B,C,and D for all officers who agreed to this deal

I thought they agreed to put it to a vote?

I also thought the membership voted it in?

All the officers did was come up with a proposal and based on my office flexibity has gained RM nothing and done us no harm. Quite frankly flexibity is small fry compared to pegasus.

19 Nov 2008, 21:55

Big Daz wrote:
BELIAL wrote:Rule 14 section 2 subsections A,B,C,and D for all officers who agreed to this deal

I thought they agreed to put it to a vote?

I also thought the membership voted it in?

All the officers did was come up with a proposal and based on my office flexibity has gained RM nothing and done us no harm. Quite frankly flexibity is small fry compared to pegasus.

Bugger me ,took you a year to come up with that :chuckle If you can update the link i'll get back to you cos I aint committed it to memory ,and unfortunately your response was a day after they revamped the site so the old links just come up 404 error :chuckle

CWU Rules.

19 Nov 2008, 22:07

Bugger? :shock:

CWU Rules.

20 Nov 2008, 01:21

No chance of our resident political officer posting the rules in question in order to further political debate and promote wider understanding and participation is there? :sad:

CWU Rules.

20 Nov 2008, 06:32

Why do I need to post them? What is there to stop forum users viewing the rules on the cwu website?

CWU Rules.

20 Nov 2008, 06:44

Rule 14 Discipline
RULE 14 – DISCIPLINE

1. General

1. Matters of a disciplinary nature arising from the Rrules or Regulations of the Union affecting an individual member or members of the UnionUnion members shall only be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of this Rule.

2. A member shall be liable to disciplinary action in respect of the following:

a) Acting in breach of the Rules of the Union;

(a)b) Behaving in a manner contrary to the interests of the Union;

c) Failing to carry out the lawful and reasonable instructions of a Branch, the National Executive Council, Annual or Special Conference;

d) Acting in breach of the Rules of the Union.

(d)Being a member of a union or association of employees, the interests of which conflict with those of the Union, or speaking or circulating literature on behalf of any such union or association.

3.No member of the Union, should sit on the National Discipline Committee (NDC) or Independent Review Body (IRB), if the matter is one in which he/she has had a prior involvement.

2. National Discipline Committee (NDC)

1. All matters calling for disciplinary action shall be determined by the NDC, which shall consist of three members appointed by the NEC. There shall be three named substitutes to replace any or all of the members of the NDC if they are not available.

2. The Committee shall be served by an Officer appointed by the General Secretary.

3. National Discipline Committee Powers and Procedures

1. All matters requiring consideration under the authority of this Rule shall be referred the General Secretary and by the General Secretary to the NDC. Such matters may be referred to the General Secretary by either a member or a Branch.

2. The NDC has the power to require the production of written evidence and attendance of witnesses who are members of the Union. In the event of non-production of written evidence or non-attendance by either of the parties involved, the Committee has the right to take a decision in their absence.

3. The NEC shall prescribe Regulations governing thegoverning the procedure for the conduct of all cases before the NDC and may amend such Regulations from time to time. These amendments shall be subject to endorsement at the next subsequent Annual Conference.

4. The conduct and integrity of CWU Representatives is of the utmost importance. If aA Union Representative is accused, of being involved in conduct that brings the Union into disrepute, mayMAY have their credentials or office suspended, pending the outcome of the discipline process.

-2-

This can be done in two ways:

•a) Any Branch OfficeR or member of the Branch can instigate a charge and the Branch can theOn receipt of a charge a Branch mayn suspend the individual’s credentials or office. This carries the right of appeal to the NDC; or

•b) On receipt of a charge, the NDC can suspend the individual’s credentials or office.

In relevant circumstances if suspension is deemed appropriate it must be done quickly and Branches It is preferable that any suspension is done quickly and therefore Branches are encouraged required to consider this action option in the relevant circumstances. The onus should not be on the accuser to know that this action can be taken NEITHER SHOULD THEY FEEL that they have to take it themselves. Suspension of credentials or office can only be done as part of the process involving National Discipline and at no other time.

5. The NDC shall consider each charge the reference by the General Secretary as presented and conclude whether or not a prima facie case exists. If a prima facie case exists, it shall proceed to a full hearing of the NDC. The NDC will conclude their deliberations on each case within six months of the charge being laid unless there are exceptional circumstances.

6. Following the full hearing of a complaint, the NDC may exercise any one or more of the following powers:

(a) to censure the member concerned;

(b) to fine the member such sum as the NDC shall consider fair and reasonable, having regard to the circumstances;

(c) to suspend the member from membership or from all or any benefits of membership for such time as may be determined;

(d) to remove the member from any office the member may hold in or on behalf of the Uni;on;

(e) to disqualify the member from holding such office for such period of time aas the NDC may determine;

(f) impose a suspended sentence for so long as the NDC shall consider just and reasonable.

(f)(g) to expel the member from the Union.

(g)to impose a suspended sentence for so long as the NDC shall consider just and reasonable.

7. If a fine imposed by the National Discipline Committee shall is not be paid within twenty-one days of the date of a demand in writing addressed by the General Secretary to the member at their last known address, the member shall be automatically expelled from membership of the Union.

4. Independent Review Body (IRB)

1. The NEC shall prescribe Regulations governing the procedure for the conduct of all cases before the IRB and may amend such regulations from time to time.

1.2. There shall be the right of appeal against decisions of the NDC to an IRB. In all cases of Appeal, the decision appealed against shall be suspended pending the hearing of the Appeal. An appeal against a decision of the National Discipline Committee can only be brought by a charged member.

2.The Independent Review Body shall consist of three members and an Independent Chair.There shall also be three named substitutes to replace the appropriate member of the Independent Review Body if they are not available.

3.4. The IRB shall be served by an Senior Officer appointed by the General Secretary.

4.5. The members of the IRB and substitutes shall comprise one member elected by and taken from the Postal, Operator and Ancillary Constituency; one member elected by and taken from the Engineering and Postal Technical Services Constituency; and one member elected by and taken from the Clerical Constituency. The elections shall be by the card vote procedure at Annual Conference. The members of the IRB shall be elected triennially.

6.The period of office of each member and substitute member of the IRB shall be 3 years.

7.6. The decision of the IRB shall be final and binding on the appellant and the Union.
7.The NEC shall prescribe regulations governing the procedure for the conduct of all cases before the IRB and may amend such regulations from time to time.

14.55. Functions of the General Secretary and the Discipline Officer in Relation to Disciplinary Matters
1. The General Secretary shall appoint an Officer to serve the NDC who shall notify members and Officers of the decisions of the NDC.

2.1. The Officer to the NDC shall be responsible for the documentation of matters requiring consideration by the NDC and for recording the proceedings of the Committee.

3.2. The Officer to the NDC shall notify the General Secretary, who shall notify a member of their rights under the Rules of the Union and of the consequences of failure to comply with any direction issued, or any penalty imposed by the NDC.

CWU Rules.

20 Nov 2008, 06:53

Any rank and file member can raise a case with the NDC, if anybody on here really thinks that senior officers of the CWU are in breach of any rules then I suggest you put your money were your mouth is!

Alternativley you can carry on dropping hints on RMC never having the balls to to attempt to prove your view point.

How there can be any rule breaches is beyond me, some mbrs may have strong views on the compentcy of HQ officals but to suggest that is akin to rule breaking is madness!!!!

Im off somewhere sane now The Delivery Office see if pegasus could possibly talk more crap than hinting at rule breaches from HQ officers simply doing the best they can.

I wouldnt want to place a bet on it though.

CWU Rules.

30 Nov 2008, 02:27

Big Daz wrote:Why do I need to post them? What is there to stop forum users viewing the rules on the cwu website?

Cos like I said ,I can't log on ,probably cos I'm crap at technoogy :left:

CWU Rules.

30 Nov 2008, 02:33

Big Daz wrote:Any rank and file member can raise a case with the NDC, if anybody on here really thinks that senior officers of the CWU are in breach of any rules then I suggest you put your money were your mouth is!

Alternativley you can carry on dropping hints on RMC never having the balls to to attempt to prove your view point.

How there can be any rule breaches is beyond me, some mbrs may have strong views on the compentcy of HQ officals but to suggest that is akin to rule breaking is madness!!!!

Im off somewhere sane now The Delivery Office see if pegasus could possibly talk more crap than hinting at rule breaches from HQ officers simply doing the best they can.

I wouldnt want to place a bet on it though.

Lets hope not all political officers follow your lead. Heres a few key words you might find helpful : inclusive;interactive;discussion;debate :chuckle

CWU Rules.

30 Nov 2008, 02:42

If you want to discuss further lets take Rule2, point1 parts 1,2 and three and see how they match up with last years agreement. Which was the point of the year old question. Course postal section membership figures could now throw much light on this particular query , so do you think objectives were met?

CWU Rules.

30 Nov 2008, 06:06

If your sugesting doing ones best and that best is not good enough is a discplinary matter then I would have to dissagree with you.

My view is simple, those involved in the deal that was put to the vote did their best in negotiating a aggrement and putting it to a vote were 100% in line with rule 2 parts 1 and 2. Surley putting major aggrements to a vote is the CWU acting in our best interests? Nobody forces the mbrs to vote yes to three major agreements on the trot in the space of 8 years!

I think you should go back to the aggrement that we didnt get a vote on which was the £3 a week payrise deal in return for making savings, that was crap all round!

CWU Rules.

30 Nov 2008, 19:56

Well lets forget the bit about putting agreements to the vote cos that was not the point, likewise the bit about management attempting to rip us off cos thats a given and not in question.

I can respect your view that our officials tried their best,and supposing that this best was not good enough that disciplinary action would not be appropriate.
Which leaves us with the question, given the unions stated aims of protecting and improving our terms and maintaining and increasing the membership,which this agreement clearly has not achieved , what safeguards does the membership have?
Fair enough you don't have to re elect these people if they are not up to it, but an awful lot of terms and conditions can be negotiated away in a single term of office. Is there a limit to what can be agreed by the PEC before branch/conference approval is required?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2