not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

where do our union subs go

09 Feb 2007, 07:22

just out of curiosity were does the union spend all the money we pay in. if there are around 165000 posties all paying in £2.70p per week. that works out at over £23 MILLION pounds per year.

were the hell are they spending the money. ?

09 Feb 2007, 15:46

IT COSTS A LOT SPENDING 6 MONTHS A YEAR NEGOTIATING IN A FIRST CLASS HOTEL WITH PERKS AND DONT FORGET THE 3 POUNDS YOU GET FOR GOING ON STRIKE

09 Feb 2007, 17:58

Who remembers a few years back when the union exec's grabbed some of the subs £164,000, and bunged it in their pension plans cause they were too low payed when they were Postman. :shock: :no no :d'oh!

09 Feb 2007, 18:03

well i just want to know what they are doing with OUR money. in the south east london offices a union rep is a very rare sight. £23 million. for what

09 Feb 2007, 18:08

Do they ever publish their accounts ect?

09 Feb 2007, 18:12

POSTMAN wrote:Do they ever publish their accounts ect?

i dont think so. it dont take much to work out though. 165000 people paying in £2.70. a week. thats over £23 million. they`ve got a better scam then the mafia

09 Feb 2007, 18:16

kwikpost wrote:

i dont think so. it dont take much to work out though. 165000 people paying in £2.70. a week. thats over £23 million. they`ve got a better scam then the mafia

Hold ya horses big boy........... :crazy:
The Communication Workers Union (CWU) is the biggest union for the communications industry in the UK with 250,000 members.

£35M :crazy:

09 Feb 2007, 18:20

POSTMAN wrote:
kwikpost wrote:

Hold ya horses big boy........... :crazy:

i stand corrected £35 million. where the hell is it all going cozz in our office we aint even got a rep.

09 Feb 2007, 19:19

kwikpost why dont you stand then?
i was a rep for a short while,it is not a bed of roses ,accusations of collusion with management,s/a boys stabbing me in the back after some was withdrawn.lack of information from area/divisional reps..it is particulary worse now as change seems to be permanantly on the agenda.if you have the misfortune to do something wrong you have the offfice bigmouths (who know all the agreements that effect them gob off)

without a union we would not have collective bargaining for payrises,h&s legislation would be ignored by employers.at the moment royal mail are attacking every area with some change .which is nigh on impossible to keep up with.believe me things would be alot worse if we did not have a union(i worked in retail management and when they wanted 5% they wanted it next day no negotion.

09 Feb 2007, 19:28

darth postie wrote:kwikpost why dont you stand then?
i was a rep for a short while,it is not a bed of roses ,accusations of collusion with management,s/a boys stabbing me in the back after some was withdrawn.lack of information from area/divisional reps..it is particulary worse now as change seems to be permanantly on the agenda.if you have the misfortune to do something wrong you have the offfice bigmouths (who know all the agreements that effect them gob off)

without a union we would not have collective bargaining for payrises,h&s legislation would be ignored by employers.at the moment royal mail are attacking every area with some change .which is nigh on impossible to keep up with.believe me things would be alot worse if we did not have a union(i worked in retail management and when they wanted 5% they wanted it next day no negotion.

im not saying we shouldnt have a union. im asking where the bloody hell they spend our £35 milion. plus to stand for union rep you need to have spare time on your hands i aint got none.

09 Feb 2007, 20:08

Like any organization they have overheads,upkeep of buildings,wages,simpson&miller solictors,members appeals etc,etc.
£2.70 a week is good value to protect and improve our terms and conditions :Very Happy because make no mistake royal mail would like nothing more then to have 100% control over the work force and be able to do what they want how they want and when they want at any time they wish to :sad:

09 Feb 2007, 20:44

johnnypick wrote:Like any organization they have overheads,upkeep of buildings,wages,simpson&miller solictors,members appeals etc,etc.
£2.70 a week is good value to protect and improve our terms and conditions :Very Happy because make no mistake royal mail would like nothing more then to have 100% control over the work force and be able to do what they want how they want and when they want at any time they wish to :sad:

nope youve got it all wrong im not against the union. but £35 million on what........if your gonna tell me the upkeep of buildings and a bunch of solictors im sorry but that aint worth £35 million a year. its our union our money................ where is it spent coss. it aint being spent to improve our working lives

09 Feb 2007, 21:21

Maybe you should write or E-mail Billy or Dave Ward at union h.q and ask them to explaine how our subs are used ,im sure they or someone can answer your questions,unless someone on this site knows the answers.

09 Feb 2007, 22:54

we've not had rep in our office for about five years now and i know a there's a few that have stopped paying cos they don't see the union doing anything for us.

09 Feb 2007, 23:02

http://135.196.251.180/default.asp?Step ... 6&catid=25

this chap might be able to answer your query

10 Feb 2007, 18:44

well the email has ben sent so i`ll wait and see what they have to say in their reply.

11 Feb 2007, 22:20

kwikpost wrote:well the email has ben sent so i`ll wait and see what they have to say in their reply.

I hope you're not holding your breath Kwiky :silenced we'd hate to lose youImage :Very Happy
Moved this to the Union Room as well.

12 Feb 2007, 14:21

POSTMAN wrote:
kwikpost wrote:well the email has ben sent so i`ll wait and see what they have to say in their reply.

I hope you're not holding your breath Kwiky :silenced we'd hate to lose youImage :Very Happy
Moved this to the Union Room as well.

well no answer as of yet. i`ll take another deep breath and see if i hear anything tomorrow.

15 Feb 2007, 16:21

seems we dont need to know where the money is spent still no answer.

15 Feb 2007, 17:50

Look,it takes time.
1st of all they have to get the accounts,then delete the 'Expenses' part,oh and their salarys as well.
Then they've got to copy/paste some fictitious figures in add it all up again,then take away the 1st number you've though of,
bung it into a washing machine and hope any dodgy stuff they left in gets washed out.
Then they've got to wring the f**k out of it and if it looks good they'll put it in a pdf for you version 1977 and send it to you via a named server from tasmania.
Jeeze have some patience pal :roll: You sarf londoners,i dunno :roll:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2