not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Indoor Workload Tool

06 Feb 2007, 09:21

Anyone know if we have agreed the Indoor Workload Tool yet? It initially was tried to roll out by Royal Mail
but the union stopped it as would of taken hours out.If your walks are being designed by CMD than they will use
the IWT too.The last LTB about it was in Feb 2006

06 Feb 2007, 12:48

What the hell is this then,we've had no dealings of this down here yet.

06 Feb 2007, 18:33

are you refering to pegasus?

06 Feb 2007, 19:09

phantomshare wrote:are you refering to pegasus?

Aint that geo route now?

Indoor Work Load Tool

23 Apr 2007, 10:59

In my office the managers have been using it or something similar, but the union have as far as I know not recognised or agreed it at local level.
Still waiting for pegasus though, not sure if its a good or a bad thing. Not heard if any of the systems royal mail is introducing is taking into account fatigue, because no matter what task we are doing we are bound to slow down. After all we are not machines even though they attempt to treat us as such.

GIOROUTE INDDOR WORK LOAD TOOL

23 Apr 2007, 12:08

As far as I remember from Union meetings I have attended because of our local difficulties neither have been accepted by CWU yet but they do appear to like Gioroute and appear to be accepting WLT as well.

21 May 2007, 13:45

indoor workload tool has NOT been agreed, if they try to use it in ur office shove it up to area with a big fat disagreement on the end of it

21 May 2007, 14:32

phantomshare wrote:are you refering to pegasus?

not heard of wot this entails however thers's a bloke at work who has been promised the job by the dom !!!! is that allowed

21 May 2007, 17:34

No this has not been agreed.

I was trained on the IWT and after the initial inputs, which take forever, you have to update it daily.

21 May 2007, 18:04

What is the indoor work tool and how is it different from geo-route(which has gone in at a lot of offices up here)? :Confused

21 May 2007, 18:11

The indoor workload tool is supposed to be used in conjunction with pegasus and geo route for walk planning. It is a measurement tool to see if you are over or under hours for sorting etc. Including walking to and from your frame.

iwt

21 May 2007, 18:47

The management are very vague with telling you how it works exactly it case ti works against them.
they tried to explain to us in wtll how it basically works but what they said was a load of c**p.
I can only guess it works off the traffic figures and the amount of mec bundles you get in comparison to normal mails.
got that?
another load of rubbish cost cutting ideas fron rm.

vote yes,
we need at least 70%

21 May 2007, 19:12

Still do the routing of walks the hard way pen paper and my brain in my office.

22 May 2007, 13:09

Big Daz wrote:Still do the routing of walks the hard way pen paper and my brain in my office.

The way its going in our office then pen and paper route is far more effiecent and fairer. Georoute said all walks 3 1/2 hours but one is nearly 5 and most are over the 3.5hrs . Cut offs and dockets galore.

30 May 2007, 22:52

Currently in strange position of wanting to make use of IWT(despite National Non-Agreement) even with use of Management figures 13.02 items per minute on prep? 1400 Letters/ 600 Flats / 150 Packets per hour Office STILL had +100 score on IWT despite this Management still want 5%(60hrs) savings on indoor work. If anyone knows where the invisible magic sorters are please let the Dark Lord Mr Leighton know. DSM strangely reluctant to have stage 2 disagreement.......surely his own figures can't lie.....whats next a prep rate of 20..........I wish I was joking.

31 May 2007, 15:22

prep rate of 11 on my patch thats from a RM document called preparation toolkit, i would say if a manger uses anything higher then they are bullshitting!

31 May 2007, 15:31

My prep rate was in the high 9's meaning i took 10 mins longer than target.

05 Jun 2007, 17:16

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Big Daz wrote:Still do the routing of walks the hard way pen paper and my brain in my office.

The way its going in our office then pen and paper route is far more effiecent and fairer. Georoute said all walks 3 1/2 hours but one is nearly 5 and most are over the 3.5hrs . Cut offs and dockets galore.
In my office(Sale, M33) they used pegasus and think its the bees knees. And of course, as we all know, RM are never wrong. They say all walks are 3.5hrs or less, infact, the town center walk is down as being only 1.5 hrs! :Confused No way!. And nly this morning, the gaffer was on his soapbox about,... yes you've guess already, getting our docket claims down. :no no

05 Jun 2007, 17:19

heapsy wrote:In my office(Sale, M33) they used pegasus and think its the bees knees. And of course, as we all know, RM are never wrong. They say all walks are 3.5hrs or less, infact, the town center walk is down as being only 1.5 hrs! :Confused No way!. And nly this morning, the gaffer was on his soapbox about,... yes you've guess already, getting our docket claims down. :no no

Do as he says and cut off - docket will be back in a few days with no complaints - but hang on a bit as I'm guessing we are going to get a National "Work to rules" soon.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1