not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

nights

22 Jan 2007, 20:06

if we lose nights how long do we keep our night allowance for if we have 13yrs in and are over 50

22 Jan 2007, 22:19

I ain't a rep but i think any allowance it's 3yrs.

22 Jan 2007, 22:26

I've hears 3yr's as well,aint that the norm or summin when these things happen?
Just curious,IS there any reps on here?

23 Jan 2007, 03:54

yea i did hear it was 3yrs but i have also heard that if you have turned 50 they should pay the allowance untill your 60 to protect your pension

27 Jan 2007, 18:40

kwikpost is correct allthough now i would query age discrimination as this has just kicked in,if someone over 50 retains their payment then it is discrimanatory against people who are younger.
this is something i will be looking into and hopefully someone in the higher echelons of power in the cwu will be able to give the definitive answer.

27 Jan 2007, 18:45

darth postie wrote:kwikpost is correct allthough now i would query age discrimination as this has just kicked in,if someone over 50 retains their payment then it is discrimanatory against people who are younger.
this is something i will be looking into and hopefully someone in the higher echelons of power in the cwu will be able to give the definitive answer.

>>>thanks for that info.

Nights

29 Jan 2007, 09:36

The last time i was in your position i had been on nights for just over the year we had a resign in our office.
And being the junior bod i really did not like the idea of loosing me night s**t allowance.
And being over 50 I had my rep look into it he came back with this if you have worked for a year or more on a night shift.
And are 50 or over you keep your allowance till you are 60 but if you are under 50 its only 6 weeks.
That was 2 years ago things might have changed by now I hope this helps all the best.

Lampwick :Very Happy

Re: Nights

29 Jan 2007, 17:52

lampwick wrote:The last time i was in your position i had been on nights for just over the year we had a resign in our office.
And being the junior bod i really did not like the idea of loosing me night s**t allowance.
And being over 50 I had my rep look into it he came back with this if you have worked for a year or more on a night shift.
And are 50 or over you keep your allowance till you are 60 but if you are under 50 its only 6 weeks.
That was 2 years ago things might have changed by now I hope this helps all the best.

Lampwick :Very Happy
yea cheers lmpwick. only touble in our iffice is we dont have a proper rep. no one wants the job. so everything like this has to be sorted by yourself.

29 Jan 2007, 22:33

darth postie wrote:kwikpost is correct allthough now i would query age discrimination as this has just kicked in,if someone over 50 retains their payment then it is discrimanatory against people who are younger.

Could be a hot potato me thinks.

30 Jan 2007, 10:21

Yes i know what you mean i don't wish to upset anyone i think its the influx of the younger chaps thay have no idea how it was in the post office 20 years ago we advise them how they should go about the job but it all falls on deaf ears
If they were to work how the post office lays out their duties thay will not keep coming back for more cuts we have all got to
realize that its not how it used to be its a business gone are the days when you come in at 6.oo am and home by 9.30 the management are under so much pressure to get the most out of all of their postmen What gets up my nose is you have fools coming in 1 to 2 hours before there duty starts just so thy can finish early mugs. On paper thy are making the cuts that r.mail have made work I just wish we could all look at the big picture and realize its not going to get any better just look after your job not your self sorry about you guys that have no rep in there office you might feel out done by the system in our office not many people take heed what the rep tells them OK guys i have gone on a bit just finished a nice stressful night anyone with a comment get back to me off to bed catch up with you all some time
LAMPWICK :Very Happy

30 Jan 2007, 17:58

lampwick wrote:Yes i know what you mean i don't wish to upset anyone i think its the influx of the younger chaps thay have no idea how it was in the post office 20 years ago we advise them how they should go about the job but it all falls on deaf ears
If they were to work how the post office lays out their duties thay will not keep coming back for more cuts we have all got to
realize that its not how it used to be its a business gone are the days when you come in at 6.oo am and home by 9.30 the management are under so much pressure to get the most out of all of their postmen What gets up my nose is you have fools coming in 1 to 2 hours before there duty starts just so thy can finish early mugs. On paper thy are making the cuts that r.mail have made work I just wish we could all look at the big picture and realize its not going to get any better just look after your job not your self sorry about you guys that have no rep in there office you might feel out done by the system in our office not many people take heed what the rep tells them OK guys i have gone on a bit just finished a nice stressful night anyone with a comment get back to me off to bed catch up with you all some time
LAMPWICK :Very Happy
no no lampwick your 100% right. we`ve still got morons turning up 1.1/2hrs. to 1hrs. early every day. rushing around in their own cars. and then they cop the ump when they find out we are lossing 2 duties.

31 Jan 2007, 10:29

I call them "Thatchers Children"!

nights

18 May 2007, 19:03

you only keep allowances for a maximum of 3 year under mtfs

18 May 2007, 19:25

5.3 Protection of Pensionable Allowance

5.3.1 Protection of Pensionable Allowances – Employees under age 50, or 60 and above

Where the new job carried out by the employee, who is less than age 50, or age 60 or more, attracts a lower level of pensionable allowances (and non-pensionable element of RM UK Night Shift Allowance if appropriate) than that received in total by the employee in his/her old job and, at the date he/she is displaced from the job, the employee has been fulfilling a role to which these allowances applied continuously for the time period shown the employee will receive the compensation payment for the period in the table shown below:

Time period where in receipt of continuous allowances on the shift
Compensation Payment Period

> 6 months

6-12 months
17 weeks

12-18 months
34 weeks

18-24 months
1 year

24-36 months
1 year 17 weeks

+ 36 months
3 years

Compensation payment will be paid on a weekly or monthly basis in arrears dependent on the employees normal frequency of payment.

5.3.2 Protection of Pensionable Allowances – Employees aged 50 or more but less than 60

Employees who are aged 50 or more but less than 60, whose new job attracts a lower level of pensionable allowances (and non-pensionable element of RM UK Night Shift Allowance if applicable) than that received in total by the employee in his/her old job and, at the date he/she is displaced from the job, the employee has been fulfilling a role to which these allowances applied continuously for more than six months, then he/she will continue to receive the difference between the old level of allowances and the new, as if they were still carrying out the previous role. This protection of allowance will continue for a maximum of ten years or until the employee is aged 60 whichever is the earlier. The terms of this paragraph apply to exisiting employees in the 50-59 age group at the date of implementation of this amendment (1.10.03) and to other existing employees entering this age group over the following three years. This arrangement will be reviewed before 1.10.2006

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1