not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

change of duty

22 Jun 2007, 20:28

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS QUERY PLEASE? IN MY OFFICE COLLEAGUE (A) TOOK VR. COLLEAGUE (B) TOOK OVER HIS DUTY. COLLEAGUE (C) TOOK (B)'S DUTY, MY 'TEMPORARY' DOM NOW SAYS HE IS MAKING (C)'S FULL TIME RESERVE DUTY, (WHICH INVOLVES COVERING WALKS AND DRIVING,) PART-TIME. WE THINK IT'S PART OF RM PLANS FOR CUTS AND SAVINGS BUT SHOULD THEY BE DOING THIS WHILST WE ARE IN THE MIDST OF INDUSTRIAL ACTION.

Re: change of duty

22 Jun 2007, 20:32

frankie wrote:CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS QUERY PLEASE? IN MY OFFICE COLLEAGUE (A) TOOK VR. COLLEAGUE (B) TOOK OVER HIS DUTY. COLLEAGUE (C) TOOK (B)'S DUTY, MY 'TEMPORARY' DOM NOW SAYS HE IS MAKING (C)'S FULL TIME RESERVE DUTY, (WHICH INVOLVES COVERING WALKS AND DRIVING,) PART-TIME. WE THINK IT'S PART OF RM PLANS FOR CUTS AND SAVINGS BUT SHOULD THEY BE DOING THIS WHILST WE ARE IN THE MIDST OF INDUSTRIAL ACTION.

I'd like to know about this. It's happened a few times in our office that someone has taken EVR and their duty has been downgraded by ten hours, or someone has sold their hours and kept their duty.

Re: change of duty

23 Jun 2007, 12:21

IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
frankie wrote:CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS QUERY PLEASE? IN MY OFFICE COLLEAGUE (A) TOOK VR. COLLEAGUE (B) TOOK OVER HIS DUTY. COLLEAGUE (C) TOOK (B)'S DUTY, MY 'TEMPORARY' DOM NOW SAYS HE IS MAKING (C)'S FULL TIME RESERVE DUTY, (WHICH INVOLVES COVERING WALKS AND DRIVING,) PART-TIME. WE THINK IT'S PART OF RM PLANS FOR CUTS AND SAVINGS BUT SHOULD THEY BE DOING THIS WHILST WE ARE IN THE MIDST OF INDUSTRIAL ACTION.

I'd like to know about this. It's happened a few times in our office that someone has taken EVR and their duty has been downgraded by ten hours, or someone has sold their hours and kept their duty.

Interesting.. didnt know you could do that? .i.e. tell them u will go part-time so long as it is on your own duty... if it all gets 2 much for me i wud be interested in doing that as i love my walk ..but a man in work thinks to hold in as he thinks the full-timers that either dont leave or get sacked will be offered a lump sum for r mail to buy there contract to part-time!! that wud be better then least get a bit of money from going part-time as well.. :Applause

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1