not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

one day action or all out

20 Jun 2007, 23:14

hi

do we think its better to hit royal mail hard and go all out from the start and cause maximum disruption early on or call one day action which our members can stomach which i fear would cause little impact on the business as the bloody greyhounds in my office will absorb all the delayed mail at little cost to the business

ive got mixed feelings on both options but personally feel we need to hit RM fast and hard which can only be achieved with an all out strike which might be unpopular with the less millitant portion of our membership but would hopefully bring a quicker resolution to the dispute

DISCUSS

20 Jun 2007, 23:54

the odd one day strikes imo are absolutely pointless, management have made it clear in my office that no overtime will be given on the back of a strike day and the mail for that day will be fed back into the system in small doses and absorbed that way. saying that, im not sure how many yes voters are up for an all outer! Plenty on this board are yeah, but ..... and no offence here lads.... most on this board are the more shall we say millitant side of the workforce, and ive mentioned before about mortgages these days compared to 11 year ago etc more people in larger debt these days, so dunno mate, hoping these acas talks can end this before it gets crazy!!!

21 Jun 2007, 00:46

Acas talks are over, notice is being given today, if its one day strikes, hopefully most of us can swallow the loss in pay. The thing is the next day, don't help clear their mess up by doing over time, dont break your backs, or the loss of pay will be worth nothing. If your gonna lose money lets make sure they get hit hard to, dont come in early the next day, dont use your car the next day, take all your breaks, dont go out with over weight HCTs/bags. In my eyes the union have tried their best to avoid a strike but Royal mail have left no other alternative. They seem to want a strike, so dont waste that days pay, your losing it for a reason, a reason that should not be forgotton the next day. SO FOR GOD SAKE LETS NOT SHOW THEM WE CAN CLEAR TWO DAYS WORK IN ONE.

21 Jun 2007, 04:15

Please don't do overtime on the day after a strike. Consider that they will be saving 8 hours on you if you are a full timer on any day of action. Then if you do extended the next day to clear it you'll get what? 3-4 hours? Don't do it, they'll be pissing themselves laughing all the way to the bank.

USE YOUR HEADS. SAVE YOUR JOBS.

21 Jun 2007, 04:42

Thing is I have sat down and worked it out for me personally. If we go on a 1 day strike every week or accept all of RM proposals I will end up with the same amount in my pay packet (except I wont get it for 30 days instead of 7). So a strike won't really hurt me short term, but accepting their position will hurt me long term.

No choice really is there - see you on the picket line comrades.

21 Jun 2007, 13:16

madsorter wrote:the odd one day strikes imo are absolutely pointless, . . . . . . . . .no offence here lads.... most on this board are the more shall we say millitant side of the workforce, !

a . . . . . I think 1 day strikes will have a much longer lasting effect than just the 24hrs we're not there, and plenty of effect to get the public interested in our cause. then it's down to us to get them on our side. All out strikes will get less support from staff and public alike, not doing our cause any favours at all

b . . . . . calling me militant will not offend me as by definition it means " aggressively active" and I believe that's exactly what we all need to be in this campaign. We have to put up a fight or we might as well bend over and take it from Crozier now.

friday

21 Jun 2007, 13:56

it's looking increasingly like next friday and the the following monday if i have it right.
thats going to cause a big disruption anyway.
double mail Sat want get delivered so left for monday--monday we are out double mail tues+residue from Sat!
and so on.
providing most work to rule we'll stuff em.

get the morons giving RM free time to do the job properly.

mind you that's like getting 4.8 out of Leighton :roll:

21 Jun 2007, 14:25

one day strikes and a complete ban on overtime is the best way forward,allout strikes should be a last resort.
the saddest thing about this whole carry on is the ammount of dross that has come out of the royal mail propoganda machine it has been shocking to hear them rubbish us saying we are overpaid and underworked.

21 Jun 2007, 14:29

We have been told today that if we dont use our cars when action is being taken then we can never use them again. also we must get a bus back to the office to collect our cars at our own expense

21 Jun 2007, 14:53

Dreamcatcher wrote:We have been told today that if we dont use our cars when action is being taken then we can never use them again. also we must get a bus back to the office to collect our cars at our own expense

1st bit diddums,what a shame,2nd bit depends on your 318's,most would say you get dropped out and picked up.
Although no 3rd bit,3rd they're talkin bollox.

dream

21 Jun 2007, 14:59

sorry mate,
the man is right.
you should'nt use the car anyway thats why we are in this mess partly.
and also if someone told me i would have to pay the fare back to office
he would get more curses back than gordon f+++++g ramsay could deliver.

:no no :no no

21 Jun 2007, 15:17

with the belfast strike not to long ago all i can add is RM will not allow stricking posties to do any O/T after any walkout so if we all work to out start & finish times we will cripple them ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :nana

21 Jun 2007, 17:10

Dreamcatcher wrote:We have been told today that if we dont use our cars when action is being taken then we can never use them again. also we must get a bus back to the office to collect our cars at our own expense

so what you moaning about, we've all been telling you not to use your cars for bloomin ages and you didn't listen to that and as for the expense of getting the bus back, you've been paying out for all the petrol, wear and tear on the vehicle, loss of value that comes with extra mileage and the business rate insurance so what does another few pence to the bus company matter.

If someone told you that you must pay Royal Mail for the diesel you use in the vans whilst working, you'd hit the roof so why is it so many people are quite happy to pay out and use their own cars.

OK I'm not looking for a fight here so lets forget the past and just pull together now and PLEASE don't use your cars :no no

21 Jun 2007, 17:12

billypants wrote:

so what you moaning about, we've all been telling you not to use your cars for bloomin ages and you didn't listen to that and as for the expense of getting the bus back, you've been paying out for all the petrol, wear and tear on the vehicle, loss of value that comes with extra mileage and the business rate insurance so what does another few pence to the bus company matter.

If someone told you that you must pay Royal Mail for the diesel you use in the vans whilst working, you'd hit the roof so why is it so many people are quite happy to pay out and use their own cars.

OK I'm not looking for a fight here so lets forget the past and just pull together now and PLEASE don't use your cars :no no

:Applause That aint fighting talk billy that's common sense :Applause

21 Jun 2007, 20:42

POSTMAN wrote:
billypants wrote:

I dont want to be out until 1pm..I'm happy to come in, throw out, get in my car with all my bags aslong as I can finish around 11.30ish. What you lot do is your business and I dont moan about those not doing all their walk because they are 'doing the job properly'

21 Jun 2007, 20:55

Dreamcatcher wrote:

I dont want to be out until 1pm..I'm happy to come in, throw out, get in my car with all my bags aslong as I can finish around 11.30ish. What you lot do is your business and I dont moan about those not doing all their walk because they are 'doing the job properly'

You knew the hours of the job when you took it on.....it is because of posties like you that we are in this mess. You cannot see past the end of your noses....Pretty soon you will be working AND getting PAID part time hours

dreamcatcher . . . . please think

21 Jun 2007, 22:07

but what about the bloke who comes along after you and can't get the job done in time because he's not using his car. He'll get told by the screws he must be taking the pee, coz you got done ok. And no, it's not unlikely coz it's happened in our office a number of times now.

Why spend your money and risk your car (one of our blokes had his window smashed and mail nicked and he had to pay for the damage himself) when the system is there for the employer to arrange and pay for everything.

It makes a mockery refusing 2.5% and worrying about working practices when people are already spending their own money and risking their own property when they don't need to. If you stop paying for your own fuel etc. just think what the equivalent pay increase would be !

Just stop and think . . . . . . is it really worth it :d'oh!

21 Jun 2007, 22:15

Dreamcatcher wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
billypants wrote:

Dreamcatcher.. I will try very hard not to make this personal..... BUT U ARE BY YOUR OWN WORDS, A JAMES HUNT!!!! I HOPE ONE DAY YOU NEED THE HELP OF THE PEOPLE DOING THE JOB PROPERLY SO WE CAN TELL YOU TO FECK OFF AND LIVE ON AN ISLAND SOMEWHERE WITH NO OTHER PEOPLE ON IT... BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR KIND (PARASITES) NEED TO LEARN SOCIAL SKILLS. IF YOU EVER COULD??? I HOPE SOMETHING HAPPENDS TO YOU OR SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU TO MAKE YOU SEE WHAT LIFE AND THE HUMAN RACE IS ALL ABOUT.. CAVEMEN HAD MORE COMMUNITY SPIRIT!!!

IM GUTTED.. GLAD YOU DONT WORK WITH ME.. I WOULD SWING FOR U.......

OUT....................

21 Jun 2007, 22:23

Image TOMMO, some people are just feckin THIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKImage-------KAWAKImage

KK BRO...

21 Jun 2007, 22:27

U know it.... :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!

Shame..... :d'oh!

OUT

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2