not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

UNION REPS - A QUESTION?

19 Jun 2007, 14:42

ADVICE PLEASE:-
IN TODAYS WTL MY COLLEAGUES WERE TOLD THAT AS FROM NEXT MONDAY (25th JUNE) THEY ARE 'GETTING RID OF 6 JOBS FOR 4 WEEKS' AND WE ARE TO TAKE OUT SOME EXTRA MAIL WITH US! SADLY TODAY IS MY DAY OFF (WELL NOT SAD FOR ME!) SO CANNOT BE ACCURATE ABOUT THE RESPONSE.
I HAVE HEARD THAT PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING NOT USING CARS, TAKING VANS AND WORKING TO 318s. I KNOW. I KNOW WE SHOULD ALL BE DOING THAT ANYWAY!!

UNION JOHNNIES - WHERE DO WE STAND? SURELY THIS IS THE 5/7% CUTS THAT MY OFFICE WERE TOLD TO MAKE BY STEALTH. OR (THIS IS WHAT I HOPE IS CORRECT) THEY CANNOT DO THIS UNLESS THEY PAY OVERTIME AND IF IT CONTINUES WE CAN TAKE A VOTE FOR IA?

Re: UNION REPS - A QUESTION?

19 Jun 2007, 16:44

mdtomuk wrote:ADVICE PLEASE:-
IN TODAYS WTL MY COLLEAGUES WERE TOLD THAT AS FROM NEXT MONDAY (25th JUNE) THEY ARE 'GETTING RID OF 6 JOBS FOR 4 WEEKS' AND WE ARE TO TAKE OUT SOME EXTRA MAIL WITH US! SADLY TODAY IS MY DAY OFF (WELL NOT SAD FOR ME!) SO CANNOT BE ACCURATE ABOUT THE RESPONSE.
I HAVE HEARD THAT PEOPLE ARE CONSIDERING NOT USING CARS, TAKING VANS AND WORKING TO 318s. I KNOW. I KNOW WE SHOULD ALL BE DOING THAT ANYWAY!!

UNION JOHNNIES - WHERE DO WE STAND? SURELY THIS IS THE 5/7% CUTS THAT MY OFFICE WERE TOLD TO MAKE BY STEALTH. OR (THIS IS WHAT I HOPE IS CORRECT) THEY CANNOT DO THIS UNLESS THEY PAY OVERTIME AND IF IT CONTINUES WE CAN TAKE A VOTE FOR IA?

Your Union Rep must start disagreement procedures as laid out in the Industrial Relations Framework immediately, that is simply Management Taking Executive Action to remove duties without negotiation, I would say it is very unlikely the duties will ever return, if your colleagues are really upset simply worktoyour individual 318's.

YO!

19 Jun 2007, 16:52

THANKS FOR THE INFO - OUR REP IS AWAY THIS WEEK, SO WILL WAIT TILL MONDAY. HOPEFULLY SOME OF THE OFFICE 'HEAVY HITTERS' WILL PRE-EMPT THIS ACTION.

19 Jun 2007, 18:38

just do what we did and go straight to diagreement DOMS under pressure from above to meet there budgets dont give them one min until its resolved nationally

19 Jun 2007, 20:31

IF THEY TRY TO IMPOSE IT USING EXECUTIVE ACTION, GET YOUR AREA REP TO ORGANISE A BALLOT FOR I A. IT'S HAPPENING ALL OVER

mdtomuk.......

19 Jun 2007, 20:58

You and your colleagues must start working to your 318s immediately. Try and get in touch with your branch secretary / area rep.
Managerial executive action can be resisted, even within the confines of Britain's restrictive , draconian , anti-trade union laws. If you all
stick together, you'll see this threat off. :lfo :cfo :cool

THANKS

20 Jun 2007, 16:26

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INOUT AND IDEAS. THE 'LAPSING' (is that a type of tea? . . . ed) HAS BEEN PUT BACK ONE WEEK, NEXT WEEK THE UNION REP RETURNS AND HOPEFULLY SOMETHING WILL BE DONE. THE MANAGER SAYS HE HAS NO CHOICE AND IT'S COME FROM HIS MANAGER, AND THERE IS NO WAY THESE DUTIES WILL BE LOST FOREVER. BUT WE SHALL SEE. AGAIN CHEERS ALL.

20 Jun 2007, 17:01

I will oppose it on the basis of affecting the mbrs earnings in my office

Re: THANKS

21 Jun 2007, 11:35

mdtomuk wrote: AND THERE IS NO WAY THESE DUTIES WILL BE LOST FOREVER. BUT WE SHALL SEE. AGAIN CHEERS ALL.

One response 2 that phrase " BOLLOX "

21 Jun 2007, 18:26

:hmmmm Im sure this is bullshit but just want to get it right.
Can managers stand on a picket line and take the names of individuals who shout SCAB etc etc
and deal with them upon their return to work???
I think NO WAY but Im looking for clarification on this
:hmmmm

21 Jun 2007, 18:54

:wave Hoofer
if you get no answer for this by tomorrow i will read up on it and post it 1st thing in the morning

21 Jun 2007, 19:05

sadly they can stand out there as we picket public roads.

And I have to say that our discipline in this dispute has to be better then ever before. royal Mail will do anything they can to attack someone and spark unofficial action thus putting our national ballot in danger of being voided!

Be very careful and if your are going to do it then just don't get caught :wink:

21 Jun 2007, 19:05

trojan wrote::wave Hoofer
if you get no answer for this by tomorrow i will read up on it and post it 1st thing in the morning

Thanks trojan, :wave will also get in touch with area,
Dont want to f**k up at a time like this eh!! :wink:

21 Jun 2007, 19:08

lovejoy wrote:sadly they can stand out there as we picket public roads.

And I have to say that our discipline in this dispute has to be better then ever before. royal Mail will do anything they can to attack someone and spark unofficial action thus putting our national ballot in danger of being voided!

Be very careful and if your are going to do it then just don't get caught :wink:

Sound advise lovejoy, thanks :Applause :Applause
Constructive criticism not insults

21 Jun 2007, 19:44

hoofer wrote::hmmmm Im sure this is bullshit but just want to get it right.
Can managers stand on a picket line and take the names of individuals who shout SCAB etc etc
and deal with them upon their return to work???
I think NO WAY but Im looking for clarification on this
:hmmmm

They can,but make sure they are just as dilligent if comments are made by strike breakers.

22 Jun 2007, 13:41

:d'oh! Sorry i did`nt get back to you sooner but had to carry out my duty as stated in 318 DOM as been on my case this morning, anyway RM are recommending that local police should be advised of any picketing and that a manager should be present to stop pickets gaining access to RM property, but i think we all know that they will be clocking who is there.

22 Jun 2007, 15:43

trojan wrote::d'oh! Sorry i did`nt get back to you sooner but had to carry out my duty as stated in 318 DOM as been on my case this morning, anyway RM are recommending that local police should be advised of any picketing and that a manager should be present to stop pickets gaining access to RM property, but i think we all know that they will be clocking who is there.

What great info, it's almost like you managed to get a copy of the Royal Mail handbook called "what to do in the event of industrial action" but that's just not possible is it Trojan :no no

how about typing a few sections of it on here somewhere for everyone to have a laugh at :pray

22 Jun 2007, 15:53

trojan wrote::d'oh! Sorry i did`nt get back to you sooner but had to carry out my duty as stated in 318 DOM as been on my case this morning, anyway RM are recommending that local police should be advised of any picketing and that a manager should be present to stop pickets gaining access to RM property, but i think we all know that they will be clocking who is there.

I'd be hugely disappointed if I thought they would have to check to see if I was there.

22 Jun 2007, 16:01

Trojan wrote that a manager should be present to stop pickets gaining access to RM property

Wonder if they'll give them a Yorkie to lean on. If so it'll be a normal day for that manager, standing around and doing nowt.

22 Jun 2007, 16:31

Have heard DOMs to make announcement tomorrow from that arrogant git, saying if we strike he will withdraw the offer of the 2.5% payrise. Think maybe he can see his bonus slipping away!!!!!!!
:lfo :lfo :lfo

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2