not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Latest CWU Information 1

18 Jun 2007, 18:39

Dear Friends,
The CWU is currently in dispute with Royal Mail
over our members pay, terms & condition and future direction of Royal
Mail. As part of campaign we would like to ask you to cascade the
attached public leaflet that explains the CWU's position and puts our
points of view across. Royal Mail has been deliberately misleading the
public by saying the CWU had asked for a 27% pay rise. This is not true.

We would therefore ask you to cascade this email to all of your family
and friends in your address list as we wish to explain our position to
as wider audience as possible.

Hopefully over the course of the next few days we can reach as many
people as possible so can you please ask them to pass onto contacts in
their address lists too.

Regards,

<<01778 Defending Post#10113A.PDF>>

Kevin Slocombe
Head of Communications

Sent by;
John Colbert
Campaigns Manager
Communication Workers Union
150 The Broadway
Wimbledon
London SW19 1RX
Tel: 020 8971 7244
Mobile: 07714 504424
Fax: 020 8971 7437
E-Mail: jcolbert@cwu.org

Latest CWU Information 2

18 Jun 2007, 18:46

DEFENDING POSTAL SERVICES
A MESSAGE TO THE PUBLIC

Britain’s postal workers – members of the Communication Workers Union – are asking you
to support our campaign to stop Royal Mail’s cost-cutting business plan which will mean
cuts in your postal service (with hikes in stamp prices, fewer collections and deliveries
and more post office closures) and cuts to our members’ pay and pensions.

CWU members want to do our job serving the public. We have tried every measure possible
to seek a fair resolution to this dispute. Over 70% of our members voted for strike action to
force Royal Mail to think again but they are simply refusing our offer of meaningful talks.

Starved of investment for decades Royal Mail now faces unfair competition from private
operators who, for a discounted price, collect and sort profitable bulk business mail
before passing it on to Royal Mail to deliver over the ‘final mile’. The result is Royal Mail
has lost millions in revenue while the profits of private competitors has soared.

In 2006 Royal Mail and the Communication Workers Union agreed that we would
work together to tackle the impact of competition in the mail market, use government
investment to introduce automation, improve efficiency, introduce innovative products
that we know customers want and raise the value and status of postal workers’ jobs.
Instead, Royal Mail has ditched the agreement, refused to negotiate a pay settlement
and insisted on unilateral imposition of its cost-cutting business plan with mass job
losses and cuts to members’ pay and pensions. Royal Mail has been deliberately
misleading the public by saying the CWU wants a 27% pay rise. The CWU has never
asked for a 27% pay rise.

That’s why the CWU are asking for your support in our campaign to stop Royal Mail’s
cuts, end unfair competition and preserve a vital public service.

DEFENDING POSTAL SERVICES
A combination of Royal Mail s slash and burn strategy and rigged competition rules
now threaten the future of Britain s universal postal service. As competitors queue up
to cream off the most lucrative work, Royal Mail is facing a financial black hole and
proposing a swingeing round of cuts both to postal services and to our members
terms and conditions. That’s why the CWU is asking you to support our calls for:
• Royal Mail to enter meaningful talks with the CWU on resolving pay and major
change and to honour the 2006 agreement which committed both parties to agree
a joint approach on pay and modernisation.
• A Government review of the damaging impact of competition on Royal Mail to date,
in line with Labour’s manifesto commitment.
• An immediate change to Postcomm’s competition rules and a fairer pricing and access
regime that gives Royal Mail the revenues it needs to support the universal postal
service and post office network.
> NO TO POST OFFICE CLOSURES
END UNFAIR COMPETITION <
> A DECENT LIVING WAGE FOR POSTAL WORKERS
DEFEND POSTAL SERVICES <

150 The Broadway
Wimbledon
London
SW19 1RX :wave :wave :wave

18 Jun 2007, 19:03

Good Stuff - have we got press coverage of this ?

18 Jun 2007, 19:12

Not sure about that only just received it via E-Mail :wave

18 Jun 2007, 19:25

FORWARD THE E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. THEN ASK THEM TO FORWARD IT TO EVERYONE THEY KNOW. BIT BY BIT THE MESSAGE WILL SPREAD. CLEVER TACTIC ME THINKS :Applause

18 Jun 2007, 19:30

already out to loadsa non posties - might even pin one or two up in pertinent places nudge nudge

18 Jun 2007, 19:31

Bung it on your Blogs

18 Jun 2007, 19:36

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Bung it on your Blogs
won't that smart a bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

18 Jun 2007, 19:37

rhino49 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Bung it on your Blogs
won't that smart a bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Walking would be difficult I grant you.

18 Jun 2007, 21:42

Yeah I got this too, but this kinda thing is just small time compared to the press coverage Crozier gets.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea and I'll join in, but we need so much more if we're to win the propoganda war that we need to win in order to get public support.

Come on CWU put some of our hard earned subs into full page press releases and leaflet drops, think big.

18 Jun 2007, 22:00

billypants wrote:Yeah I got this too, but this kinda thing is just small time compared to the press coverage Crozier gets.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea and I'll join in, but we need so much more if we're to win the propoganda war that we need to win in order to get public support.

Come on CWU put some of our hard earned subs into full page press releases and leaflet drops, think big.
Hear Hear - that would be a good investment

19 Jun 2007, 12:12

imagine that. the CWU paying RM for delivering leaflets. would RM turn down the business?

19 Jun 2007, 19:40

A message from Dave Ward DGS (Postal)

Dear Colleagues,

Following a letter from Adam Crozier, the Postal
Executive has today agreed to meet Royal Mail in talks facilitated by
ACAS. The meeting will take place at 2pm on Wednesday 20th June.

The Postal Executive will then reconvene, along with our senior field
officials, on Thursday 21st June to reassess the situation.

Please find attached to this email a copy of a letter sent to Adam
Crozier today setting out the Union's position.

Further information will be sent out in due course.

Regards,

Kevin Slocombe
Head of Communications

<<Adam crozier 60000 pay 19.6.07.doc>>

Sent by;
John Colbert
Campaigns Manager
Communication Workers Union
150 The Broadway
Wimbledon
London SW19 1RX
Tel: 020 8971 7244 :wave

19 Jun 2007, 19:41

Dear Adam

I have laid out the Union’s position on pay and modernisation in my open letter to Allan Leighton dated 13th June.

It’s disappointing that in your reply you choose to restate the same old arguments that have been overwhelmingly rejected by the workforce. Burying your head in the sand and deliberately misrepresenting the Union’s position will not make this dispute go away.

However, the Union remain committed to reaching an agreement and we will meet Tony McCarthy and your negotiating team at 2 p.m. on Wednesday 20th June. We understand the meeting will be facilitated by ACAS.

I have told Tony that we expect fresh and meaningful negotiations. We are not in the market for Royal Mail simply rehashing their previous position or deliberately stringing out talks.

The Union’s Postal Executive will then meet on Thursday 21st June, along with our Senior Field Officials, to reassess the position.

Yours sincerely

Dave Ward
Deputy General Secretary (P)

:wave

19 Jun 2007, 19:41

It's here PB cheers anyway.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1846

19 Jun 2007, 21:39

the CWU state "We are not in the market for Royal Mail simply rehashing their previous position or deliberately stringing out talks. " but why do I get the feeling that's exactly what Laurel and Hardy are doing. . . . . that being the case we should all know by late Thursday the answer to the question I've seen on this site many many times in the last few weeks . . . . . .when are we actually gonna start what we promised we'd do

:cfo :lfo

20 Jun 2007, 12:10

personally i cant understand why leighton has gone to acas UNLESS hes got some compromises in hand ????

20 Jun 2007, 12:19

because madsorter he thinks that acas will tell us to accept there deal. leighton thinks acas are a mouthpiece for RM. If there is no outcome by tonight the PEC should announce strike dates after their meeting tomorrow.
i think acas will tell leighton where to go if RM won't soften their stance

20 Jun 2007, 12:23

so basically acas can make us look very good out of this if they reckon its a bum deal ? However whats the score if acas reckon its reasonable, is it the done thing to accept acas advice in situations like this or is it agenda as normal for the union???

20 Jun 2007, 12:29

it's not acas position to offer advice on whether a deal is good/fair or not, they are just there as middle men to get the two sides talking and attempt to get a compromise. Leighton has allready stated in his letter accepting to see acas that his position cannot change and he just wants the union to roll over. SO if this is true there can only be one outcome and tomorrow we should find out when it all starts :pray

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2