not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Post Office insurance

17 Jun 2007, 17:35

Any equal ops people on here, one of our members called P.O insurance and claimed his 15% discount, everything was going well until he told them that he had diabetes( which is totally under control ) he was then told that due to his condition he did not qualify for the discount. This smacks a bit of discrimination to me any ideas.

17 Jun 2007, 18:15

I don't know if there is a case for discrimination but when I was once shopping round for car insurance even with the discount it was dearer than the quotes I had - I'd suggest he shops around.

17 Jun 2007, 20:26

The problem with someone who is diabetic if he or she misses a meal after taking their medication they could quite easily go into a condition called Hypoglycemia.

In this condition they can appear to be drunk and will eventually pass out without treatment.

Their is also added problems that can appear in the long term damage to the Kidneys,Eye. Infections

I think that is the reason why the Insurance companies charge more.

Its not the answer you are looking for but I thought you should know
:wave :wave

18 Jun 2007, 16:19

My whole family used to use P.O. for travel insurance they were fine for a while then they said they couldn't cover my father anymore even though he has been diabetic for years and they hadn't complained about taking his money before. He shopped about and got it a lot cheaper about half what P.O. was charging so do look about it will pay off for you.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1