not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Undermining ballot result

16 Jun 2007, 21:38

Have all office's now started the sneaky consultation exercise where two by two you're asked into the manager's office to give your thoughts on starting an hour or more later. We were asked to tick yes or no, state your reason and then sign the form in front of our manager.
Looks like they are searching for weak points to use as ammo against the union's stance against this. Any thoughts?

16 Jun 2007, 22:00

Tell them bollox,what's your rep doing btw.

16 Jun 2007, 22:04

POSTMAN wrote:Tell them bollox,what's your rep doing btw.
ImageImage Ditto that!!---------a Krude KWAKKImage

Re: Undermining ballot result

16 Jun 2007, 22:13

blackdog wrote:Have all office's now started the sneaky consultation exercise where two by two you're asked into the manager's office to give your thoughts on starting an hour or more later. We were asked to tick yes or no, state your reason and then sign the form in front of our manager.
Looks like they are searching for weak points to use as ammo against the union's stance against this. Any thoughts?

It's more than Runcorn got. We were told by the rep (who was probably told by the DOM) vans would be arriving later and there would be no work before 6.30. That was last October and the vans arrive the same time as they always did. They have staff in on O/T from 4.30 tipping and sorting mail. We were lied to. Fight this my Scottish comrade. The only people later starts suit are screws, habitual drunks and those with no life to get home for.

17 Jun 2007, 10:44

I know one office where management have started the one2one consultation excersise.

The answer that most have given so far is 'Talk to the union', it's a quick way to end the discussion.

As long as everyone stays together management can't do anything without union consultation.

17 Jun 2007, 20:44

POSTMAN wrote:Tell them bollox,what's your rep doing btw.

They waited until the union rep was on holiday funny enough. . even although he is a bit of a chocolate teapot.
Think most of us voted no, but no doubt if it does not go their way we will keep having a revote until it does...We have had that done a few times.

18 Jun 2007, 13:17

I've heard that our DOM is going to introduce the later starts immediately after the first strike, he reckons he can do it because we broke our contracts by going on strike. Well what about those off sick or on leave I thinks its a red herring because part of the reason for a national strike is the later starts so surely he cant do it or we'd bee within our rights to walk straight out again.

18 Jun 2007, 14:11

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I've heard that our DOM is going to introduce the later starts immediately after the first strike, he reckons he can do it because we broke our contracts by going on strike. Well what about those off sick or on leave I thinks its a red herring because part of the reason for a national strike is the later starts so surely he cant do it or we'd bee within our rights to walk straight out again.

It's a legal strike!!!!
The thing is he can do it through exec act anyway,seems he's just acting the arse.

18 Jun 2007, 19:34

IF HE DOES IT BY EXEC ACTION, GO TO YOUR AREA REP FOR ADVICE. COMMON LINE BEING TAKEN AT THE MOMENT IS AN OFFICE BALLOT FOR IA.

20 Jun 2007, 12:40

I thought the later starts are unavoidable and coming in anyway regardless ? Because of the new rule on the 56mph limit on the wagons that starts in august?

20 Jun 2007, 13:17

madsorter wrote:I thought the later starts are unavoidable and coming in anyway regardless ? Because of the new rule on the 56mph limit on the wagons that starts in august?

That's only if you believe the current propaganda.

I believe that RM have exaggerated the effect that new legislation will have.

I haven't seen the detail about what vehicle sizes will be affected but a company the size of RM should be able to adapt.

:d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!

Then again that would require intelligent and competant management

20 Jun 2007, 13:43

i agree with tasam. it's propaganda. the indoor side of the duty can be restuctured to compensate for the later arrival of mail.

20 Jun 2007, 13:48

Thing is, as one of my mates pointed out to me. How often are the vans on roads which have more than a 40mph limit anyway? And when they are how much time do they spend on these roads? I imagine its negligible, they are definately hitting us with the stitching stick again!

20 Jun 2007, 13:55

Razzamadazz wrote:The Lie

After being confronted by the CWU over the driving times of our network lorries, Royal Mail has finally admitted that the introduction of the 56mph legislation to be implemented in August this year, will have NO impact on our network lorries at all.

To explain, when the driving times of our network lorries were originally tested, they were tested at a maximum speed of 56mph anyway. The 600 lorries that run mail from our mail centres to our delivery offices, were tested at an even slower speed i.e., 30mph or less due to local speed limits and traffic levels at the time they was driving, 16mph in places like London. So in reality the network lorries are already compliant with the new 56mph legislation.

The mail currently arrives at our mail centres at aprox midnight so there is a window of 5 hours to get that mail sorted and distributed to our delivery offices, so really there is work for people in delivery offices at 5am. It has also become apparent that mail is being held back at mail centres and RDCs. On top of this Royal Mail has also approached the airport authorities requesting that new later flight times are introduced. This is all to give the impression that there is no need to start any earlier than 6am.

What a Whopper :d'oh!

The Truth

The real reasons Royal Mail want delivery officers to start later is to save money on the early morning shift allowances over the next 3 years. Royal Mail are also planning to reduce network lorries by 6% and introduce new double-decker lorries, so instead of two lorries arriving at different times only one double-decker lorry will arrive at the later time. What Royal Mail are also trying to do is create a larger window in arrival patterns for the introduction of walk sequencing machines.

Why lie to us? When 5 day weeks were introduced we were told that we would soon be going to later starts and at the time people were begining to warm to the idea. If only Royal Mail were up front with the CWU right from the start, maybe an agreement could be reached to introduce flexible start times, which would suit the wishes of the individual members whether it be a later or early start time, whilst securing the early morning shift allowance in some way.

This just goes to show people like ALAN LEIGHTON & ADAM CROZIER CAN NOT BE TRUSTED :no no

20 Jun 2007, 17:04

You should never go into any meetings, and fill out any forms, about any changes unless these meetings and forms have been agreed to by the union, always ask your rep, if he/she don't know or isn't in, call your area rep. BUT ALWAYS FIND OUT, DON'T JUST GO IN, if its not been agreed ( which in the case of starting times, i think not) tell them to bugger of.

21 Jun 2007, 13:23

these meetings have got to be a form of harassment, to be told you have to answer a question that the union has already answered on our behalf, and justify your answer, is intimidation.

refuse to take part in this exercise and refer the screws to your union

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1