not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Questions for your Manager pt 2

14 Jun 2007, 21:22

From Lovejoy

National Dispute

QUESTION YOUR MANAGER PART 2

As you all know YOUR union its doing it’s utmost to reach a negotiated settlement with Royal Mail. Part 1 of our question your manager sheets went down very well in all units. Please use the questions below when in your next team brief / WTL session.

Why have Royal Mail not responded to the CWUs request to meet and reach a negotiated settlement?

If the business is in so much trouble how can they justify £370,000 bonuses to the Chief Executive?

Is it true that all front line managers are due to receive bonuses of between £1500-2000?

The CWU have never once stated that they want to take industrial action. Why is Royal Mail insisting that it is inevitable? Is the business looking for conflict?

The CWU counter proposal is for an inflation matching pay offer and a timetable of serious negotiations over the future of the industry! There is nothing outrageous in these demands. If Royal Mail were a responsible employer then surely they could agree to this?

In 2003 Allan Leighton wrote to us all saying our pensions were safe. Now we are told there will be changes to the scheme. Pensions are a massive issue and if we cannot trust the business on this then what can we trust them on?

Ian Griffiths, ex-director of Royal Mail quit because he thought the business plan was unrealistic. Postal Workers across the Country are under more pressure than ever and yet you want more savings. Where will this all end?

77.5% of members voted to back the CWU in a national ballot. Allan Leighton says he like to listen to his ‘people’. Surely now we have spoken. We back the CWU and we want a fair pay rise coupled with a secure future in the business. Please can you pass this message to your senior managers?

Allan Leighton has reported interest in up to 13 other companies. Given this level of responsibility surely he cannot be able to give 100% to saving the business?

Is this dispute all about setting out to destroy the CWU and senior managements egos?

15 Jun 2007, 17:56

Our manager or DIM come over to see us the other day and went on and on about the yes vote and how this will damage royal mail when questioned on basic health and safety matters that need to be resolved under an improvement notice issued by the local authority, he said well i will not be here in a years time so i don't care what happens. :shock:

hum sounds like mr layton and mr crozier's attitudes are reaching down to dim level!!!

how can we be charged with making savings and considering the long term when managers whom are supposed to lead by example have this type of attitude
sometimes i feel like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest :crazy:

15 Jun 2007, 17:56

Our manager or DIM come over to see us the other day and went on and on about the yes vote and how this will damage royal mail when questioned on basic health and safety matters that need to be resolved under an improvement notice issued by the local authority, he said well i will not be here in a years time so i don't care what happens. :shock:

hum sounds like mr layton and mr crozier's attitudes are reaching down to dim level!!!

how can we be charged with making savings and considering the long term when managers whom are supposed to lead by example have this type of attitude
sometimes i feel like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest :crazy:

15 Jun 2007, 21:35

Had a chat with my Lino the other day,he's said that even though they don't agree with some of the stuff they do they have to do it cause they're scared of their jobs.
Although i still think they're a bunch of c***s,cause i'm sure they still enjoy doing it,seems RM Managers motivation is fear.
Says a lot about the business dont it!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1