not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Billy's Letter on cwu site/Dave Ward letter.

13 Jun 2007, 17:53

13 June 2007
POSTAL UNION SEEKS FRESH TALKS

The Communication Workers Union Postal Executive met for the first time today since the result of the ballot announcement last Thursday. In line with the union’s determination to negotiate a satisfactory resolution, no dates for strike action have yet been announced.

Attached is an open letter written by deputy general secretary Dave Ward to Allan Leighton, Royal Mail chairman laying out the terms of a potential agreement to end the dispute. It elaborates on how the union feel the business can move forward with the support of the workforce.

Deputy General Secretary, Dave Ward said “We have provided Royal Mail with a practical and reasonable solution and are determined to negotiate further. It is outrageous that the business is ignoring the clear message from their workforce and appear to be provoking a postal strike rather than resolving oneâ€

13 Jun 2007, 18:03

Dave Ward has shown more 'go' in that letter than Billy has in years. Step aside Billy and let's have a leader.

Top Man

13 Jun 2007, 18:41

Dave has always been an excellent union offical,when i think back 15-20 years ago he was rep at Tooting D.O. no dom ever wanted to go there as he took no s**t and would give nothing up,He would visit offices around our branch and keep everyones spirits up with his thoughts and visions of how the union should be working,and it was him if im not mistaken who along with our branch who led the way for 5 day weeks.At our A.G.M. in april he gave an excellent speech to our branch about the challenges we are faceing and made it clear that with the backing from the membership he would not lay down untill he got the right deal for us.From previous experience i am sure he will do just that.

SUPERB!

13 Jun 2007, 18:48

AGAIN WE TAKE THE LEAD AND MAKE GENUINE AND THOUGHTFULL CONSIDERATION TO ENDING THE DISPUTE. I WILL ASK MY DOM TO READ OUT THIS LETTER, JUST AS THEY DID WITH ALAN'S 'RED' LETTER! OH LOOK A PIG JUST FLEW PAST! :cool

13 Jun 2007, 18:53

IWW Fellow Worker wrote:Dave Ward has shown more 'go' in that letter than Billy has in years. Step aside Billy and let's have a leader.

Sod that,keep him there,just give him a pay rise.
Giving him the top job will only take him away from us too much.

13 Jun 2007, 18:58

Dont worry lads he is holding the most important position D.G.S.P. and will be there for a while yet i hope :pray

13 Jun 2007, 19:06

I've got a bad feeling about this,so far Leighton and crozier have run roughshod over the union and have stood unashamedly resilient.
I sincerely hope the union are not using this dispute for their own political agenda,as every day that passes RM are seemingly introducing further
changes without negotiation.
I could be wrong but i think messrs leighton and crozier will be very happy tonight,as they seem to have called the unions bluff.
So far the CWU have failed to offer a solution(publically)instead simply dismissing RM's proposals.
And now with the opportunity to put the pressure back on,the union have failed to deliver,for me a sign of weakness and confusion.
Simply,it's members had given the mandate,so why the delay?
We should be under no illusions,a strike will suit no-one,but is leighton going to rescind his demands based purely on negotiation alone?

13 Jun 2007, 19:09

I would loveto see Dave's letter on the front page of the national press - a lesson for all in tact. diplomacy and a truthful analysis of the situation we are in, but then again, it isn't sex, drugs or rock 'n roll so it won't get the coverage.

CWU A SOLUTION

13 Jun 2007, 19:38

THE CWU HAVE PUT FORWARD A SOLUTION - A NO STRINGS ATTACHED SIMPLE NON INFLATION BUSTIN' PAY RISE, JUST A PAY RISE, THAT'S ALL WE WANT. PLEASE, ALL OF YOU REMEMBER - WE ARE THE UNION! :shock:

13 Jun 2007, 20:15

I'D LIKE TO PRAISE DAVE WARD FOR THE PRAGMATIC AND SENSIBLE WAY IN WHICH HE IS HANDLING THE CURRENT DISPUTE. THIS SHOWS THAT RM WANT A DISPUTE MORE THAN THE UNION. I THINK ALAN LEIGHTON HAS AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE FOR A STRIKE. I BELIEVE HE WANTS US TO STRIKE, THE NEW PM TO GET INVOLVED AND REMOVE HIM FROM HIS POST WITH A GOLDEN HANDSHAKE. THEN THE PARASITE WILL WANDER OFF TO ANOTHER CEO JOB OR CHAIRMANSHIP. :lfo :lfo
IF WE STICK TO OUR GUNS WE WILL WIN THROUGH IN THIS DISPUTE.
P.S DAVE WARD SHOULD STAY AS DGS (POSTAL). HE SERVES US BETTER IN THAT CAPACITY :Applause :Applause

letter

13 Jun 2007, 20:28

Does anyone know where the summer lasp plan comes into it? no mention of it in the letter? or has that idea been 4got about?

13 Jun 2007, 20:33

robd you are off message. The delay in naming dates has nothing to do with weekness. It is about getting the public onside and looking reasonable to the weaker sections of our membership!

We are winning the PR war with them hands down and when the time is right we will strike to win the dispute

13 Jun 2007, 21:55

We put in a disagreement about summer lapsing but it won't matter to me because I will just work to my time and I'll bring back any post I can't deliver on time (I've done it before even it's just 5 mins so sod them).

13 Jun 2007, 23:45

Fabulous!!! Royal Mail must be s**t*ing themselves....They have dug themselves into a big hole with all there recent comments & its up to us to fill it in!!!! :funneh

summer lasp

14 Jun 2007, 15:22

disgruntle postie, in out place when u say u can only work to your time they start telling u to take meal break and then they tell u your not working to the standard..if summer lasp comes in i wud prob be moved to walks all over the show and get stressed and as iv signed for my duty i love it been on it 2 years now i can work my walk so i can cope with the weight in my bag, i wud find it hard on another walk..just hope for the best..

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1