not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Changes being pushed in despite national dispute

13 Jun 2007, 15:57

We have been informed today ,by our ever reasonable DOM, that as of this time next month we WILL be on 6am starts, some of us on 7am starts and that a good portion of our sa rate overtime duties will be scrapped and replaced by part time staff.

This is not a proposal but a fact. :so there

Obviously we will opose it, as surely we have to wait until it's resolved nationally, but what can we actually do :arrrghhh

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Have all doms been told to try this ?

Have you any advice ? apart from :cfo

VOTE?

13 Jun 2007, 17:01

I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO HAVE A VOTE IF YOUR START TIMES ALTER, LET'S FACE IT THOSE WITH FAMILIES HAVE BUILT UP A LIFETIME OF COMMITMENTS AND CANNOT BE EXPECTED TO CHANGE. FOR CHRISSAKES THIS ISN'T HITLER'S GERMANY! :sad: YET!

13 Jun 2007, 18:34

Check on this Forum as to why Bridgewater DO. is on strike this coming Fri/Sat/Mon. It is also `alleged` that there are 22 other Bristol DO`s waiting to possibly
take similar action? They (Management) can put it through as Executive Action. AND THEN YOU HAVE TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO `TAKE THEM ON` by balloting for Strike Action?

Ballot

13 Jun 2007, 18:51

Billypants get your branch to contact h.q and have a ballot,i know it could get messy with the national one going on but you guys cant sit back and do nothing if they are gonna attack you by executive action.

13 Jun 2007, 19:51

We were told something similar yesterday - except our message was that ALL DO's across the country would be changing to 6.15 starts. Someones not telling the truth now are they?

We currentlt start at 5.00, and apart from a few who are not to bothered but prefer early starts, no one wants to change.

We don't have a rep in our unit at the moment, but one from a neighbouring office has told us to put in a grievence against it.

SPEED LIMITS

13 Jun 2007, 20:21

DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL SLOW THE PROCESS DOWN,BUT I PUT IN A STAGE 1 DISAGREEMENT ON 6AM STARTS. NOW IT WILL HAVE TO BE SORTED AT AREA LEVEL.
NEED CLARIFICATION. DOES LEGISLATION STATE A 56MPH SPEED LIMIT OR IS IT RM BULLSHIT. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT WEBSITE SAYS 60MPH FOR ARTICS

13 Jun 2007, 21:35

bristolchris wrote:Check on this Forum as to why Bridgewater DO. is on strike this coming Fri/Sat/Mon. It is also `alleged` that there are 22 other Bristol DO`s waiting to possibly
take similar action? They (Management) can put it through as Executive Action. AND THEN YOU HAVE TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO `TAKE THEM ON` by balloting for Strike Action?

To Bridgewater and the other Bristol offices, I and the rest of my colleagues in my office wish you the best of luck with your action and are very much with you in spirit. I can assure you I will be pushing for the same action to be taken in my office and lets hope all other offices experiencing the same problems do the same. This could so easily spread to be as big as the national dispute.

ADAM AND ALAN - - WE DON'T WANT TO STRIKE BUT IF WE HAVE TO, BELIEVE US, WE WILL

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1