not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What I think will happen.......

12 Jun 2007, 23:13

Alan wouldn''t negotiatewith unions if it was upto him....he hates unions !
BUT...

ITS NOT HIM WHO HOLDS THE STRINGS

HE'S PUTTING ON A BRAVE FACE

EU POSTAL LIBERALISATION HAS JUST BEEN PUT ON HOLD....IT WON'T BE COMING IN IN 2009

GORDON BROWN IS ABOUT TO TAKE OVER AS THE LABOUR PARTY LEADER AND AS SUCH IS IN A WEAKER POSITION THAN Mr BLAIR...( an election in about 2 years time....falling share of the vote....more relient upon union help to give labour funds / election help )....SO HE WON'T WANT A STRIKE ON HIS DOOR OF No 10 WHEN HE TAKES OVER IN A FEW WEEKS TIME.

I BELIVE WE WILL HAVE 1 OR 2 STRIKE DAYS....THEN THE GOV. WILL START TO MAKE PHONE CALLS TO BOTH CWU AND RM

ACAS WILL BE CALLED IN , SETTLEMENT ACHIEVED, RM WILL GET SOME DEGREE OF WHAT IT WANTS...CWU WILL GET BETTER PAY FOR THE REMAINING OPGs.... GOOD VR TERMS FOR THE REST OF US THAT WANT TO GO NOW !

ALAN LEAVES IN MARCH 2008 / GOV. HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE ON THE "POISON CHALLIS"...EVERYONE THEY HAD IN MIND HAS TURNED THEM DOWN !!!!

EVERYONE ON MY DELIVERY THAT HAS MENTIONED THE STIKE TO ME HAS BEEN IN FAVOUR OF IT...( I TELL THEM THE DEAL IS £8 IN ONE HAND / -£20 TO -£30 FROM THE OTHER )

Re: What I think will happen.......

12 Jun 2007, 23:42

deadbox wrote:I BELIVE WE WILL HAVE 1 OR 2 STRIKE DAYS....THEN THE GOV. WILL START TO MAKE PHONE CALLS TO BOTH CWU AND RM

ACAS WILL BE CALLED IN , SETTLEMENT ACHIEVED, RM WILL GET SOME DEGREE OF WHAT IT WANTS...CWU WILL GET BETTER PAY FOR THE REMAINING OPGs.... GOOD VR TERMS FOR THE REST OF US THAT WANT TO GO NOW !

ALAN LEAVES IN MARCH 2008 / GOV. HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE ON THE "POISON CHALLIS"...EVERYONE THEY HAD IN MIND HAS TURNED THEM DOWN !!!!

I think i read on another forum that ACAS made moves towards RM but were snubbed,i'll try and rack my brains to find it,i think it was on the hellmail site somewhere.

Dont forget our friend Alan is not aviable everyday of the week for talks as he only works for RM about 2 days,the other days he's off destroying some other company's workforce

Power.....

13 Jun 2007, 00:00

Alan May be powerful........But he's not the biggest fish in the pond.....woe betide anyone who decides to P8ss on gordons parade.....he's waited a long time for this......and he ain't gonna let Uncle AL spoil his big day

13 Jun 2007, 02:14

Whoop!!!!!!!!! I agree.

GORDON'S OFFICE!

13 Jun 2007, 17:08

MAYBE 'ALAN' WILL GET A CALL FROM 'ABOVE' (MR BROWN'S OFFICE) AND IS TOLD TO BE A GOOD BOY INSTEAD OF THE SPITEFULL LITTLE BABY HE IS NOW? :lfo

13 Jun 2007, 21:31

leighton is a dangerous,dangerous man who must never be underestimated he wont want to lose face on this by backing down if he falls it will be a stain on his cv he wont like

14 Jun 2007, 14:06

VERY VERY TRUE MAILMAN, AN ANIMAL IS AT ITS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN CORNERED
OOPS FORGOT ARE WE NOT THE ANIMALS

19 Jun 2007, 10:31

mailman71 wrote:leighton is a dangerous,dangerous man who must never be underestimated he wont want to lose face on this by backing down if he falls it will be a stain on his cv he wont like
There are two very dangerous people B-Liar & his new Labour cronies, he wants his "legacy" to go down in history, that's why he's busy trying to "reform & save the world", the CWU did actually want the Post Office to have more commercial freedom, but the Postal Act means only by the Neo-liberalism, European way. New Labour are just more devious & use different words than the Tories.
If you go for this moronic centre ground you will get contradictory policies/ mixed messages, thier justification is that it neutralizes the Tory vote bar the anti-EEC, UKIP, Daily Mail/BNP voters. The alternative is a hung parliament ,or Cameron to Blair. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown gets shafted over Europe by Blair.
Leighton obviously wants to break the CWU & privatise the Post Office as his legacy, he'll also be expecting a Peerage off Tony for doing that as a reward.
Cecil Parkinson said " Give the railway workers shares, that'll stop them striking" In '89, after the 13 week Signalman's strike , the bosses ran the boxes, sounds familliar ?, Railtrack gave the Signalmen shares, memos were sent to boxes when the shares up, then Railtrack went bankrupt as it would, the staff got little for thier shares off the government. The Stock Market is only a glorified bookies, & Leighton & Co will only bet on the races that suit them, the staff wouldn't be able to do that. :lfo

19 Jun 2007, 20:38

LEIGHTON MIGHT BE DANGEROUS BUT HE ALREADY HAS A HUGE BLOT ON HIS C V. ARE THERE ANY LEEDS UNITED FANS ON THE FORUM. MAYBE THEY CAN EXPLAIN BETTER

[/quote]

19 Jun 2007, 21:28

cruisey wrote:LEIGHTON MIGHT BE DANGEROUS BUT HE ALREADY HAS A HUGE BLOT ON HIS C V. ARE THERE ANY LEEDS UNITED FANS ON THE FORUM. MAYBE THEY CAN EXPLAIN BETTER

[/quote] So's Crozier , moved the FA from Lancaster Gate to Soho Square, reduced staff from 92 to 12 but there were bungling amateurs, the blazers. However the Wage Bill went up by 6 times with the "personalty" appointments.£28million for Sven , Crozier's idea for a foreign coach, he did have a good club record, failed touraments play 4-4-2 long ball!, Who was behind Keegan and/or Hoddle ? on the FA!, :cfo players absolutely detested Keegan, then there's the Chairman Davies writing Hoddle's Diary , that was good for player's morale!. I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire was one quote about Crozier, the iron fist in the velvet glove , cool as a cucumber, sulky brat in the Times!
Problem is that overgrown grinning, adoring, Public Schoolboy holding onto the City men's coat tails, there's other ways that New Labour abjorate responsibility , Respect Tsars, Drug Tsars , big salaries, lots of hot air.

deadbox.............

19 Jun 2007, 21:39

You are most probably right. The CWU are in a strong position , any calls the government might make to both parties in this
dispute will differ wildly. The pressure will be on the instigators of this dispute , and that's not the CWU , it's the two incompetent
clowns this government so foolishly thought were , ermmmm , now don't laugh , captains of industry !!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

20 Jun 2007, 13:36

Captains of the Titanic more like. They saw the iceberg and instead of steering away they increased speed, dumped all the life boats and headed straight for it. Just to make sure they bough another liner and then sold it for a pound. ImageImageImage

20 Jun 2007, 18:58

Whose ultimately giving the orders? there's Military Private Finance Initiatives , Metronet - Gordon's Public Private Partnership on the Tube , Gordon likes that sort of thing as it can cook the books, bankrupt the country later!, "Patient Power whilst handing over control & public money to the private sector , but it's "NOT" privatization !, look what Nurse Ratchet's trying to push through before GB starts. It's like pulling people out of rivers without looking who's pushing them in There's too many too list, ironically Stalin invented the Internal Market. His Toniness will be raking it in the States before becoming President of Europe, a United States of Europe , by Beaurocrats for Beaurocrats. Maybe Lord Allan Leighton & Sir Adam Crozier some time? :no no

21 Jun 2007, 15:31

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Captains of the Titanic more like. They saw the iceberg and instead of steering away they increased speed, dumped all the life boats and headed straight for it. Just to make sure they bough another liner and then sold it for a pound. ImageImageImage

Good one , TBT. :Applause Sums the two bozos up perfectly ! :Applause :cool :lfo :cfo

24 Jun 2007, 17:52

yeah gotta agree with this im thinking (hoping) that maybe 2 days strikes will get brown on leightons back to sort this out!!

24 Jun 2007, 19:35

Not according to the Observer Business section today, toned message down a bit used a Liberal rather than a Tory broadsheet.Got THICK Harriet as DPM,Darling doesn't want to know.
Done 3 strikes with the RMT 89-we'll close the railway down on Fri etc, Sat as well till you all come back, 93 if you went sick you'd be on a Secondary action charge, stopped RMT deductions after that , 96 started to get a trickle back , to the Rep " I'll sack you & your son" Trumped harassment charges against a Rep. One Scab became the ASLEF rep, same adversial relations. Eventually though it took 2 years, the companies decided it'd be better to work with the Unions as staff wanted representation etc.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1