not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Blood Boiling Again!

11 Jun 2007, 11:56

This is just another lie.

Pay special

On Friday we sent you a copy of the letter going to postmen and women over
the weekend. It obviously had an impact because we have already had a huge
response from our people.

As we thought, our people have been persuaded by the union's line that a
'yes' vote will strengthen their negotiating position. They have also been
'reassured' by the union's line that voting 'yes' will not result in a
strike.

We thought it would therefore be helpful to give you some more clarity
around the legal position, which is as follows:

* The union can only ask its members to take the action set out on the
ballot paper.
* The question asked was: 'Are you prepared to take industrial action
consisting of a strike?'. A strike is legally defined as 'any concerted
stoppage of work'.
* If the CWU intended to ask its members to take other forms of industrial
action - such as work to rule or an overtime ban - they would have had to
ask a different and separate question on the ballot paper ie: 'Are you
prepared to take part in industrial action short of a strike?'

This is the law.

So, we seem to have a lot of people who have voted for a strike without
actually wanting to take one. This is unfortunate, but this is why our
communications were clear and consistent throughout the ballot: a vote for a
strike will mean a strike.

Can you believe the lengths that they are willing to go to?

11 Jun 2007, 13:41

Madelin4 I think if they did that vote again itwould be even more overwhelming, members are fed up with to 2 clowns. But the patronizing tone of the letters etc now this to the managers too pass on to staff. How was anyone lied too, nobody said there will not be a strike, most hope there will not, and anyone that voted for strike action and then got in touch with RM saying they were tricked is telling porkeys. :so there :so there

11 Jun 2007, 14:17

Noooooooooooo it's bull s**t,completely ignore it.

11 Jun 2007, 14:23

I did but how many will believe when the manager reads it out

11 Jun 2007, 14:31

nelson wrote:I did but how many will believe when the manager reads it out

None - no one believes the manager these days anyway.

boiling blood

11 Jun 2007, 14:38

Dont worry Nelson, i am sticking with all u guys! i dont believe many letters that R M send us, so just hope that everyone will catch onto it eventually....its like most things in life, everything is just turned so people get even more frustrated!! :Confused

ballot

11 Jun 2007, 16:46

As I was waiting to go to health and safety reps course this morning I listened into the worktime learning that was being held ,well the line manager actually told the staff that they could not work too rule only go out on strike. Well there you go we will be put under all kinds of pressure to not to go out on srike they are looking for the weakest link in the chain , so if you think someone is worried about going on strike help to boost their confidence and get them back on track. We really need to stick together this is really crunch time for all of us. If the comedy duo get to win this time we might as well make the union redundant. And what a shame cos Ithink they do a grand job :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

11 Jun 2007, 16:50

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1685

11 Jun 2007, 16:54

the gruesome twosome are desperate they just will not accept the union won the vote fair and square

11 Jun 2007, 17:45

Yep, they seem to be more hellbent (surprising for a responsible employer) on getting us out on strike!

They should be listening (like work time listening...) and learning from the fact that the staff have voted for strike action.

Instead of trying to bully the union and the staff into a corner. I thought they were working to rid the workplace of bullying?

11 Jun 2007, 18:21

[quote]I thought they were working to rid the workplace of bullying?

Employee to employee yes. Management to employee no. Its a tactic and listening to Big Al, he does it all the time. God knows what he must be like as a boss at Head office. ;liar ;liar ;liar

11 Jun 2007, 19:38

But can anyone on here state with absolute certainty that the legal position isn't as they are portraying it ?
We might not like hearing it, but if we voted for a STRIKE, then maybe for once Big Al and Little Adam are telling the truth about this ? :shock:

It would explain why they seem to be going after any CWU officials who could - in their opinion - be inciting (their word, not mine) people to take 'illegal' action ( see thread http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... 2665#12665 ) .

RM could take legal action that could tie-up the CWU in court for months, with the threat of heavy fines. It's clear what their tactics might be ...

1. Unfairly put just one CWU official on suspension without pay
2. Thus provoking a walkout by members seeking his reinstatement
3. Seek a court injunction against the CWU for 'orchestrating' illegal unofficial industrial action

:mad :mad :mad

IT'S A TRAP. DON'T PLAY INTO THEIR HANDS GUYS ! BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY WHEN THE SCREWS OR THEIR BLUE-EYED BOYS ARE LISTENING :wink:

Ah diddums

11 Jun 2007, 20:18

do es anyone really believe that if the vote had went against the Union Al and his puppets would not for one moment have hesitated to be even more bullish than they already are.

He would have imposed the pay offer,

Ripped the heart out of this industry

set us up for a sell off

pocketed a good pay_off himself

Get himself a peerage

[color=#][/color]

STRIKE!

12 Jun 2007, 20:32

LET'S GET ON STRIKE! BRING IT ON! SHOVE IT UP 'EM!!! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

12 Jun 2007, 20:37

i dont belive a word these tossers will try anything to twist and turn there way out of things they should be at the table talking to the cwu 77% is amassive kick in the balls for royalmail they twist the figures claiming 22.000 posties are not union members and dont want a strike so why didnt them 22.000 posties join the union and vote no ..................

12 Jun 2007, 20:57

QUESTION 1: HOW DID RM GET HOLD OF A BALLOT PAPER?
QUESTION 2: DID THEY READ IT RIGHT?

DO NOT BE SWAYED BY RM'S BULLYING TACTICS. YOU WERE BALLOTED FOR I A WITH THE NEED TO STRIKE IF NECESSARY. LETS CALL AN OVERTIME BAN AND A WTR TO CALL RM'S BLUFF.
AS FOR IT'S THE LAW, DO THEY REALLY THINK THE CWU WOULD CALL A BALLOT WITHOUT CONSULTING THEIR LAWYERS.
LIKE I SAID BULLYING TACTICS BY A DESPERATE EMPLOYERS.

12 Jun 2007, 20:58

st postie wrote:i dont belive a word these tossers will try anything to twist and turn there way out of things they should be at the table talking to the cwu 77% is amassive kick in the balls for royalmail they twist the figures claiming 22.000 posties are not union members and dont want a strike so why didnt them 22.000 posties join the union and vote no ..................

I believe the figures are out of date. I know for certain our sub rep signed up several people in the last week or two who weren't in the union and I read somewhere that people had been joining as the ballot drew closer. Of course anyone who hasn't joined and has no intention of joining should be on a six day, forty four hour week and £2 per hour. That way they won't be tainted by all the benefits us union workers have fought for down the years.

12 Jun 2007, 23:00

RM seem to be really bitter about losing the ballot and are reacting like spoilt (overpaid) brats.

The Union are not stupid and can call even an hours strike in the set period if they so desire and then if there needs to be a re-ballot then so be it. Maybe this is what RM wants, a re-ballot in the vain hope people change their minds.

All the communication from RM during the dispute has proved just how low they are willing to sink.

12 Jun 2007, 23:26

robmacca wrote:RM seem to be really bitter about losing the ballot and are reacting like spoilt (overpaid) brats.

The Union are not stupid and can call even an hours strike in the set period if they so desire and then if there needs to be a re-ballot then so be it. Maybe this is what RM wants, a re-ballot in the vain hope people change their minds.

All the communication from RM during the dispute has proved just how low they are willing to sink.

OK....now we have had the result,there are time limits,I think the union have to announce intended strike dates within a certain time from the result date,RM have to have 14 days notice of intended strike dates,could have that wrong so dont shoot me down :d'oh!

Do we know if our union have wrote to RM in an offical capacity to ask for talks or come to think about it have RM wrote to our union guys asking for talks :wink:

12 Jun 2007, 23:30

They are talking now.
Big one Weds apparently.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2