not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

I'll make my own mind up thanks all the same....

09 Jun 2007, 11:33

Aren't these damn letters starting to do everyone's tits in???...

I hate that in every one we'd get we were trying to have our minds made up for us, like we were kids...you read them and it's like they're standing right there in front of you...

"C'mon Stu, C'mon guys vote No, vote Noooo"...hypnotize me, hypnotize us, balls to that...I'll make my own mind up thanks all the same...

It's not Leighton who delivers the mail come rain or shine, 4 bags, slow puncture and a jack russell hanging off your arse...i wouldn't think he gets himself up at the crack of ass every day either...although i could be wrong.

How could he possibly have imagined these letters would change anything, how could he believe he'd change any view we had, we know what we want and we know what we believe we deserve....anyway old Allan's too busy carrying little man tate on his back...though i'm sure he might have to put him down pretty soon...he's probably a little heavier now, his pockets being filled that little bit more...

No one was ever going to be able to rig any of us in to changing our views, least of all them two...

I've been a postie for three months now, and i know some might turn off now and think "this kid doesn't know what he's going on about!"...but stay with me...

I didn't think i'd have felt this strongly about the situation, specially being a newbie, but as time got closer and closer and i spoke to friends at work, i realised how important the decisions we all made were.

We all know the company's going to have to change, heck, we've got a DHL 'thing' next to our office, we all know we've got to modernise, else like we all imagine, things could go really bad, but surely treating us like dump and pissing us all off isn't really, in my experience, the best way to go about it...
I don't think everyone is praying for a strike but at the same time it's good knowing we will if we have to, hopefully cooler heads will prevail and L & C will realise what they're doing...

Doing this job, that we all know can get pretty tough sometimes...it's awful to have to deal with a situation like this but at the same time it's a good feeling knowing that you can, even in my short space of time, feel so strongly about it...it's great to see us stand together, united.

adams letter

09 Jun 2007, 13:34

hi, killed my propaganda off this morning! did anybody notice the can't refuse overtime bit? regards dongash opg macclesfield sk (home of the macc lads) :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh

09 Jun 2007, 13:38

I know what an absolute clit! Pure set himself up to get absolutely ripped......

"And the winner of the Royal Mail award for dumpest f**kin' comment of the month goes to........Allan Leighton"

Re: I'll make my own mind up thanks all the same....

09 Jun 2007, 14:34

Oakie Stuie wrote:Aren't these damn letters starting to do everyone's tits in???...

I hate that in every one we'd get we were trying to have our minds made up for us, like we were kids...you read them and it's like they're standing right there in front of you...

"C'mon Stu, C'mon guys vote No, vote Noooo"...hypnotize me, hypnotize us, balls to that...I'll make my own mind up thanks all the same...

It's not Leighton who delivers the mail come rain or shine, 4 bags, slow puncture and a jack russell hanging off your arse...i wouldn't think he gets himself up at the crack of ass every day either...although i could be wrong.

How could he possibly have imagined these letters would change anything, how could he believe he'd change any view we had, we know what we want and we know what we believe we deserve....anyway old Allan's too busy carrying little man tate on his back...though i'm sure he might have to put him down pretty soon...he's probably a little heavier now, his pockets being filled that little bit more...

No one was ever going to be able to rig any of us in to changing our views, least of all them two...

I've been a postie for three months now, and i know some might turn off now and think "this kid doesn't know what he's going on about!"...but stay with me...

I didn't think i'd have felt this strongly about the situation, specially being a newbie, but as time got closer and closer and i spoke to friends at work, i realised how important the decisions we all made were.

We all know the company's going to have to change, heck, we've got a DHL 'thing' next to our office, we all know we've got to modernise, else like we all imagine, things could go really bad, but surely treating us like dump and pissing us all off isn't really, in my experience, the best way to go about it...
I don't think everyone is praying for a strike but at the same time it's good knowing we will if we have to, hopefully cooler heads will prevail and L & C will realise what they're doing...

Doing this job, that we all know can get pretty tough sometimes...it's awful to have to deal with a situation like this but at the same time it's a good feeling knowing that you can, even in my short space of time, feel so strongly about it...it's great to see us stand together, united.

I find this post pretty sad that someone so new to Royal Mail can be so dissolutioned in such a short space of time. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

09 Jun 2007, 16:10

Dissolutioned? I'm not..am i? I adore my job, everything about it....that's why i feel strongly about what's going on, i don't want to work somewhere and be pushed around, i don't want someone else to take a job i'v e started to love and ruin it for me.....

i'll stand with my friends for something we believe in...

Surely it's good that i do actually have an opinion...there's other new boys who at the moment don't say anything about it, ask no questions, may not even really care....when the time would have come for them to slam out 5 door to door's a week and not get paid for a couple they'd have cried about it...

I'm not looking at my job as a 'filler' before something else, i'd like to do this for many years to come, that's why i'm standing the ground with the rest of you...

Dissolutioned?...

09 Jun 2007, 16:23

I think he meant you are dissillusioned with management, not with the job.

09 Jun 2007, 16:30

Wilbur Spoons wrote:I think he meant you are dissillusioned with management, not with the job.

Yes thanx,that is just what i meant, maybe I should of explained myself better. :wave :Applause :wave

09 Jun 2007, 16:34

Oh right....i'm sorry :d'oh! ....i just don't think they're being very sensible that's all, just like we all do.

But don't get me wrong, still love the job!!

Cheers for the replies by the way lads, hope everything goes ok for you over the next few weeks!

09 Jun 2007, 16:38

Oakie Stuie wrote:Oh right....i'm sorry :d'oh! ....i just don't think they're being very sensible that's all, just like we all do.

But don't get me wrong, still love the job!!

Cheers for the replies by the way lads, hope everything goes ok for you over the next few weeks!

In my 20yrs in the business I have seen senior managers come and go, they have all treated the workforce with contempt, however they r not a patch on these 2 clowns.

09 Jun 2007, 18:24

Good to read that someone so new can already see through the smoke screen Leighton and his team put our way.

It was a sad letter indeed. :Confused

good oh

09 Jun 2007, 18:44

Well writen Oakie Stuie :Applause :Applause :Applause

09 Jun 2007, 18:47

Got my letter today , and yes it's just getting a little tiresome. :roll: Leighton ;liar and Crozier ;liar should realise
that those letters they keep sending out of a Saturday, only further
strengthen our resolve to not only get a decent pay rise , a totaly
realistic business plan that might actualy achieve something other than
fatten the already fat wallets of Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber whilst
driving postalworkers towards the bottom of the low pay league , and might,
just might, see the end of their completely uninspiring and totaly disastrous
time at Royal Mail. :cool

09 Jun 2007, 21:51

Image I want an Oakie Stuie in my office, who's the lucky Rep who got you for a recruit?---KWAKKON OakieImage

10 Jun 2007, 11:53

The letters are getting annoying and I think just shows how desperate the Terrible Twins are getting.

Oakie Stuie - I am pleased you like the job and are willing to voice your opinions.

10 Jun 2007, 12:22

Talk about p*ssing people off.

You'd think that after an overwhelming vote for action they would at least shut up for a short time and think about what they are going to do next. But no - more propoganda. More "we're not prepared to listen to you -- here's what we think."

They want a strike and they've put me in the mood to give them one.

Well done Leighton.

LETTERS!

11 Jun 2007, 16:40

THESE LETTERS ARE JUST AWFUL AND DEPRESSING. THEY MAKE OUT THAT A SEPARATE BODY 'THE UNION' SAYS WE SHOULD GO ON STRIKE, AND ANOTHER SEPARATE ENTITY 'THE WORKFORCE' SHOULD DO AS BIDDEN AND JOIN IN A STRIKE. BLEEDIN CRAZY! :crazy:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1