not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

kind regards from uncle allan and aunty adam

09 Jun 2007, 09:15

The gruesome twosome are at it again.
In a nice letter which will drop threw your door this morning they are telling you in no uncertain terms that a strike will not make a difference.
They are suggesting that the union promised that a yes vote would not result in industrial action (i never received such a promise) and therefore has lied to its members.
it is also trying to manipulate the ballot result to look like half the workforce do not want a strike??
They also say you cannot work to rule or refuse overtime which to me is your personal choice?

I really think the members need to take action to put these two clowns in there place.
Unfortunately i think the arrogant twits will not loose any sleep over a strike all they will do is count there money from there ridiculous salaries whilst laughing about how underworked they really are.

Leightons letter

09 Jun 2007, 09:17

Turned up this morning, i was filling up as i read it :sad: He says it is a sad time for the business :sad: and the mandate has been delivered on the back of vain hope and false promises :roll:, It goe on that Parcelforce accepted their 2.5% yeh but i bet they never had so many strings.
But the bit that got me was that the union balloted for strike action- so under the law it can only ask you to take strike action-not refuse overtime or work to rule.

OI LEIGHTON Since when has it been against the law to refuse overtime :no no

Dear Mr L

09 Jun 2007, 10:38

When was the last time anyone read such a load of B*****s no more money of course there is no more money the top 60 managers took a pay freeze this year but added it to thier bonus payouts. Mr C's bonus for our hard work was proof of that. It is a shame that Mr L andMr C think that they can run this buisiness like a friut and veg store. This letest letter proves that he can certainly talk a good buisiness but he really knows how to DESTROY one as well.Personally I do not think that you can even compare us with Parcel force the work is of a diffrent type (well in my oppinion).He goes on that half the bollotted postmen voted in favour of industrial action GOOD, at the end of the day we WON and he did not. In the world of big buisiness his reputation is now in my oppinion on the line if we do manage to broker a better deal (which we so ritchley deserve) then he might just as well pack his bags and go. :Very Happy Icould go on and on because Ihave always said that he was here to destroy our buisiness and do what ever it takes to privatise us. :wave

09 Jun 2007, 10:39

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208 ... etter1.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208 ... etter2.jpg

09 Jun 2007, 10:52

Merged and all in Blue Shirts.

09 Jun 2007, 11:19

With regards to his letter.

I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT IT IS WITHIN OUR/MY RIGHTS TO TAKE OUR/MY MEAL BREAKS,NOT TO USE OUR/MY CARS,AND NOT COME IN EARLY,OR DO OVERTIME.

Thankyou,i feel much better. :cuppa

09 Jun 2007, 12:12

Haven't this pair of dipsticks got anything better to do than to write begging letters week after week? Mind you, I suppose if I was a Leeds United follower I would rather the fuzzy faced buffoon spent his time writing letters than involving himself in the club. The other gimp made such a fine job of Wembley Stadium, it was years behind schedule. They'll be writing begging letters to Gordon Brown soon hoping they'll keep their jobs.

09 Jun 2007, 12:14

That letter is disgusting. It is a last vain hope of a failed policy. I just hope people are not fooled by it. Now the government should make the 2 idiots and the union sit at ACAS,before it turns nasty. Then sack them and their cohorts. Hope this is not the government orchestrating this and if I find out it is it will be the last vote they ever get from this family. :mad :mad :mad

Document Shredders, Take a bow!

09 Jun 2007, 12:37

I would like to take the oportunity to thank my document shredder and all those other shredders across the country owned by postmen and ladies for all their work in doing whats best for Leighton and Crozier's lies and threats. Unless somebody has an even better idea! :Applause :Applause :Applause :funneh :funneh
Last edited by waffler on 09 Jun 2007, 12:49, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Document Shredders, Take a bow!

09 Jun 2007, 12:39

waffler wrote:I would like to take the oportunity to thank my document shredder and all those other shredders across the country owned by postmen and ladies for all their work in doing whats best for Leighton and Crozier's lies and threats. Unless somebody has a better one! :Applause :Applause :Applause :funneh :funneh

I'd like to switch the radio on in the morning and hear Leighton and Crozier have been shredded in a hideous accident.

09 Jun 2007, 12:58

nelson wrote:That letter is disgusting. It is a last vain hope of a failed policy. I just hope people are not fooled by it. Now the government should make the 2 idiots and the union sit at ACAS,before it turns nasty. Then sack them and their cohorts. Hope this is not the government orchestrating this and if I find out it is it will be the last vote they ever get from this family. :mad :mad :mad

Messrs Leighton and Crozier appear to forget one major point in this country, we live in a democracy, where we have choices, unlike his managers we do not say "YES SIR, THREE BAGS FULL SIR " all these letters do is strengthen our resolve and incidentally my Cwu Rep has " NEVER PROMISED THAT WE WILL NOT NEED TO TAKE STRIKE ACTION " I would like to know what planet Messrs Leighton and Crozier live on as I am pretty sure it is not the same as mine.

09 Jun 2007, 13:09

In the last throws of their desperation the gruesome twosome are now threatening us with the loss of our pensions. Is it possible to stoop any lower?.........In the crazy world they inhabit it probably is.

09 Jun 2007, 13:14

I like the bit when the say"we don't think this was ever about pay" - Your 1/2 right your forcing us to take a pay cut and do more work for no extra pay. Image

09 Jun 2007, 13:42

POSTMAN wrote:Merged and all in Blue Shirts.

:d'oh! Gonna move this into the Ballot do da forum :d'oh!

09 Jun 2007, 16:24

The bit in the letter about Parcleforce pay is misleading as i beleive this is an interim paydeal until October, also as part of this pay deal the business now pays for every employee to be a member of benenden healthcare and there is a guaranteed £11.00 per week bonus payment, this adds up to much more than 2.5%.

Leighton and Crozier need to wake up and join the real world, if you bully and harrass people enough one day they will fight back this is our day.

09 Jun 2007, 16:41

Dear Messrs Crozier and Leighton,

First up I would like to say thanks for keeping me and my colleagues in the loop in recent months, letting us know how poor Royal Mail is and how as a business it is struggling to so much as buy its kids new shoes. Big up to you also for warning me about the Union trying to tell me what to do, and letting me make my own decision rather than do what they wanted me to do. Thanks also for telling me to vote no within that same sentence.

Also I appreciate that you know that I don't have the brains I was born with, and are working hard to make sure that I make an informed decision on things based on your stories... oops I mean information. See I thought that 2.5% or £600 as a pay rise was an insult to everyone who has worked hard keeping the business alive on its own, and throwing in massively wage cutting strings was a total kick in the teeth for everybody who works through all weather conditions with little thanks or dignity. But thanks to your communications I now know it to be a fantastic offer, very similar to one accepted by Parcelforce, so what am I whinging about?

Also I would like to offer up my postly prayers to you in worship of the way you are prepared to resist any industrial action and get your orange (pinkish really) coat on and do the work that us lazy overpaid, underworked idiots are too stubborn to do for peanuts, and obviously do it better, and probably get more sex on duty than any posty ever has. You are the man well the men, but I see you as some sort of twin headed managerial god, sharing the same intelligence. Huzzah for you.

Now I would really like to say thanks for spreading so much shite during the ballot that it made the Union's job easy when it came to persuading people that a yes vote was the only option. It made for a relaxing few weeks for us to be honest and it must be said that nobody in my office was in the least bit surprised at the landslide nature of our victory.

Finally can you lend me a couple of grand from your millions that you earned last year? See I dont get paid nearly enough in my own job and I am expecting lo lose some wages over the coming months as it takes the upper management of the company I work for ages before facts start to make sense to their limited minds.

Cheers Chucks!

If only I had the balls to send it.......

09 Jun 2007, 16:58

had to post this i just found on the net

When Crozier took over as chief executive, Royal Mail Group was emerging from the failed experiment of renaming itself "Consignia" and had already announced layoffs of 32,000 employees. Crozier's challenge was daunting: implement a three-year renewal plan affecting more than 200,000 employees while making a profit. Crozier reached out to his employees and began his first week on the job doing postal delivery rounds starting at 4:30 a.m. and explaining the importance of restructuring. "They are absolutely up for change but nobody likes change, change is difficult," Crozier told the Glasgow Sunday Herald (June 20, 2004).

did he go out on delivery with anyone on this board

Adam Crozier, the Scottish chief executive of Royal Mail, was paid almost £3 million last year despite an upsurge in complaints over letters which were late, stolen or failed to arrive.

in god's name how can anyone warrant this kind of wage bill and then have the nerve to say we are overpaid i don't even think GOD himself would be worth that kind of yearly wage and thats not forgeting all his bonus payments and i wonder what targets he has to meet maybe make sure he gets out of bed before 9am and that he attends work at least once a week

That was always the biggest kick in the teeth for me when they are asking us to accept what in effect is a pay cut with all the strings and saying we are underworked and overpaid then you see how much they get paid and for doing what playing around with people's live's

if we had a gun law in this country like america i think we would have a bigger problem here than any where else in the world, and i don't think it would be just royal mail staff

They both should be ashamed and they should both be held accountable for what is about to come

09 Jun 2007, 18:48

nelson wrote:That letter is disgusting. It is a last vain hope of a failed policy. I just hope people are not fooled by it. Now the government should make the 2 idiots and the union sit at ACAS,before it turns nasty. Then sack them and their cohorts. Hope this is not the government orchestrating this and if I find out it is it will be the last vote they ever get from this family. :mad :mad :mad

you still vote for these lunatics?

09 Jun 2007, 19:12

the beautiful bd south wrote:

you still vote for these lunatics?

To be honest it was a choice between` Dark Blue (ConUSerative) and light Blue (Liebour), nobody else had a look in. Don't vote Liberal either they want to privatise us totally.

09 Jun 2007, 19:31

AllAdInsane:
You seem to think that the 20,000 who are not union members are on your side - here's a great idea for you guy's up there. As you are so confident of their support why don't you pay non union members the basic minimum wage that you would like us to be on and save loadsamoney !!!. Then if they feel you have let them down as you've let the rest of us down, they can join the union and make a small weekly contribution out of their sudden good fortune in recognition of the work the union they previousley ignored does to manitain a decent living standard.

Everybody wins - you save money in the short term and we gain members in the long term and by half term they will all realise what frauds you are.

This must be the only business I have ever worked in where the work rate goes up and the pay rate goes down - oh sorry I forgot the third world.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2