not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Joe public

07 Jun 2007, 20:09

Out on my last collection tonight i had 6 people come up to me at different times wishing us good luck and saying they are behind us all the way......makes you feel good inside :Very Happy

Re: Joe public

07 Jun 2007, 20:11

ade@cambs wrote:Out on my last collection tonight i had 6 people come up to me at different times wishing us good luck and saying they are behind us all the way......makes you feel good inside :Very Happy

That's great! It looks as if Joe Public isn't at all happy with how the 'service' has been run down in the last few years. The so-called business brains at Royal Mail should listen.

07 Jun 2007, 21:08

IVE HAD THREE PEOPLE WHILST WALKING THE DOGS WISH US LUCK

PUBLIC OPINION

07 Jun 2007, 23:54

Hi great to see we are getting some support from the public. But on the contary I have just posted a comment on the BBC have your say website http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread. ... 0607232545
...and I have suprisingly noticed an awful lot of negative comments towards us posties and our union, These are further compounded by the fact the BBC had dropped a B$%^ck as regards our annual salary. But come on we need public support on this and from what I can see bout 50% think we are just money grabbing t&$ts and our job is a bobbys job and a piece of piss. The public really needs to be aware of the FULL facts and realise we are passionate about our jobs. After reading bout 50 comments started feeling my blood starting to boil, But then If the public think we are striking over money then we don't stand a chance. We need to emphasise to them just what sh"t we have to contend with each day and that its gonna get a whole lot worse over the coming months and years. I don't wanna get another job I enjoy this one I'm even happy with the pay(honestly). Just why cant RM make sensible cuts and investment thats gonna make our job better and not worse and improve upon quality on service , So many people complained about misdeliveries and late mails(days not hours) when I looked on this BBC site It really was unreal. I do believe any QofS issues do need to be sorted straight away, But we need to be armed with the right tools to do the job and not this "as long as it gets done attitude from RM at present" who I personally believe do not give a feck all they are interested in at present is their budgets...What a state we are IN!

08 Jun 2007, 11:30

Welcome to the real world rachris, as ive controversially tried to point out a few times the general view of us is that we are whingers and overpaid, and the service we provide isnt that great, theres a lot of people on this board ive noticed that seem to live in a dream world , thats why i think a strike is only gonna damage our reputation and lose us customers on the business side.

08 Jun 2007, 14:05

I think a strike will hurt RM and us posties. However I also believe that RMs slash and burn tactics is going to hurt a lot more.

If its a choice between having a broken leg or it being amputated my choice would be to take the broken leg at least it can be fixed. If Leighton and Crozier have their way once they have amputated 1 leg they'll be going after the other one.

In summary if both are going to hurt then bite the bullet and make what you think is the best choice.

08 Jun 2007, 14:06

Today I had at least 4 people wish us good luck - one even said thanks for standing up to the bosses.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1