not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Working to rule at your D.O

07 Jun 2007, 17:32

Now the union has the mandate for IA, work to rule may be tried. Be honest, in your DO how many walks would fail if you worked properly? At this time of year its hard to see ANY at all at my place. OK come September you are talking a different scenario and add in a srategic strike day and i suppose things will start to creak.IMO stupid that we have come to this at all.Postcomm need a good shake up to stop the other companies freeloading on our backs, and help protect the universal service only WE provide.This will run and run imo. What a f***ing fiasco :sad: :mad

07 Jun 2007, 18:27

Actually the mails been increasing week on week just recently,(i don't care what RM say)it wasn't so long ago you could get away with taking just one
bag out on a tuesday.
But although as you say the work to rule largely depends on the volume of mail,there are other ways of skinning a cat.
Fundamentally it would require a different way of thinking,for example,a complete ban on overtime, and that's everybody,then arrive at work at
your start time,not 10mins not even 5mins early.
then, you are there to concentrate on your duty,not throwing everybody else's walks in,if management believe a duty can be prepped and delivered
in 5 hours(25 hour contract)lets find out shall we.
For me this would be our only advantage,however the very people that can help us are vunerable on such terms and probably have already voted against
strike action?
I'm not sure it will be an ongoing dispute because ultimately it suits no one,and yes we have to make a stand, but we must also be prepared to
return on new terms and conditions,there's been much rhetoric and propaganda on both sides now lets have some honesty.

08 Jun 2007, 12:55

In my DO if we had a work to rule the place would come crashing down around our ears even on a Tuesday. The EA'd us about 3 months ago and took out 13 walks with georoute now there are none under 3.5 hrs and plenty over. In fact one was walk tested by "independent" managers and they said that's 5 hrs. Even on Tuesday in my alley we have 23 walks and at least 5 or 6 have to have a helper to get them to finish on time.

Your point about PostCon is correct they need to sort out this DSA bit. It we are in competition with these others why are we undercutting ourselves. They should let RM charge what they want within reason, if we charge too much then we won't get the business and they will have to set up their own delivery networks.

08 Jun 2007, 14:22

WTR: See the on the vans thread,it's not ALL about cutting off.
In my place we have extra....drivers,vans,managers,casuals,and our drivers are off their walks.
It is a nitemare for the managers and the budget goes through the roof.
Oh and importantly the moral is through the roof!
WTR Nationwide,will grind the place to a halt.

Re: Working to rule at your D.O

08 Jun 2007, 21:46

Last edited by mpeard on 27 Jun 2007, 21:33, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Working to rule at your D.O

08 Jun 2007, 22:17

mpeard wrote:
Edward Hunter wrote:Now the union has the mandate for IA, work to rule may be tried. :sad: :mad

But don't forget WTR is "action short of a strike" and this was not balloted. The only action that is lawful (without a further ballot) is a strike.

Mark

Leave it!!!!!
We call it WTR on here but it aint,it's just easier to say WTR than 'doing the job the way it should be done as laid down by Royal Mail guidelines and in our 318s'.
Did you not get the welcome PM mark?
There should of been 2 some times the pm program plays up,will get it looked at.

I'D ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT IT IS WITHIN OUR RIGHTS TO TAKE OUR MEAL BREAKS,NOT TO USE OUR CARS,AND NOT COME IN EARLY.

POSTMAN

SPOT ON POSTMAN!!

08 Jun 2007, 22:39

The red bit of your post is just wot ive been saying!!! WTR Aint in our gameplan as its illegal.. Thanks Maggie!!! :mad 318 and working to it will mess up RM but twined with a series or day 24hr strikes mainly fridays and Mondays Is the way to go!!! The issues of early starts n car users is as old as the hills but now it will mean OUR JOBS ON THE LINE... NOW!!!!

OUT

DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND US DOWN! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

09 Jun 2007, 19:30

Its easier to get turkeys to vote for christmas than to get some people in my DO to "do the job to their 318" The last time we tried it - not too long ago at all, they managed to stop short off throwing the mech work off but had to sort their boxes into a pile, then at 6 oclock it was like the start of the olympic 100m final! I have never seen people look so stressed - arms were flailing and thrashing about "to catch up" The thing is its some of the senior bods who are the worst, so it crumbles before it begins.As for getting them to take a proper break? Now that IS funny

09 Jun 2007, 20:46

It's no use us all walking out on a Monday just to come in on the Tuesday and catch up with all the work by starting early, rushin around, using our cars etc.

This has to be a long term plan, if you worry about the loss of money on strike days just make it up the rest of the week by doing the job by the book and booking the extra time. The extra cost will drive the doms crazy and then it's their choice . . . pay the overtime or leave mail undelivered. Leaving mail undelivered will soon get local press on our side (when it's leaked to them) and paying the docket will never be an option to our budget obsessed managers.

318 AND THE WORKING TO THEM...

09 Jun 2007, 23:33

Now in a D.O. Its all about the 318, (working to the rules laid down by RM & the union & health & safety)..

In a M.C. it comes in to play, in a different manner.. The car, early, and rushing around aint a issue!!

It effects posties in a MC when being moved unfairly when doing half a job and then being moved to finish another or as the screws say "help out".
NO, DONT MOVE... Because if you do then they can cut down on O/T. that would of had to been put out on the 343 to sign for.. It may not let you sign for it but if every shift did the same then everyone would have O/T if needed.. That works when NOT in time of dispute... Now as we are.. They still have to advertise the O/T. By Agreement in the IR framework But then no one picks up O/T due to issues on going!!! And so on... All along stick to your 318's and if everyone did then we save our JOBS!!!!!!!! FACT!!!!!! Yes RM will bring in Mech to do jobs and in Natural wastage and EVR's we can cover this.. With CWU getting round the table..... Once we all start doing a "little bit extra" we cut our own throats... Yes do your job! Yes look after your job!!!! look after ur mates job!!! NO to cutting ur job up!!! NO to selfish people who only look out for themselves!!! NO to giving BIG AL &lil adam help in destroying our postal system...

A D.O. Should always work to a 318.. This is even more important than in a MC.. As this is where the real hard graft is done.. U lose jobs here and your stuffed for ever... 6 in to 5 just dont go !!!! :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no Team working just dont go :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no

318 IS THE WAYFORWARD!!!!

OUT

Re: 318 AND THE WORKING TO THEM...

10 Jun 2007, 15:42

L Tommo wrote: This is even more important than in a MC.. As this is where the real hard graft is done..

OUT

Let's not start any divisive arguements here :no no . . . . we all work hard, whether in mail centres or delivery offices and we all need to work together during these hard times ahead.

:Applause Only if we stick together can we make a difference :Applause

Billy mate..

10 Jun 2007, 19:33

I wernt makin any arguments at all.. Being a Postie that has worked in both DO AND MC i know where the lions share and the front end of the job lays.. In no doubt its in the DO's.. If anyone is in disagreement with me then ok thats your call.. Im not blowing my own trumpet but ive done the 8 bag killa walks 5 years back.. And ive also done a job that took 30mins in a MC.

As i finish with where u Quoted me Billy,

318 AND THE WORKING TO THEM...... Thats what we can do... Hope ive cleared up any chance of an argument!!!

OUT

ITS THE SCREWS THAT WE FIGHT, BECAUSE ITS A FIGHT THEY WANT!!!!
STICK BY UR COLLEGUES AND THE UNIONS VOTE OF YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

Tommo

10 Jun 2007, 21:37

No chance of an argument from me, I've seen quite a few of your posts and there's no doubting we're on the same side, just didn't want anyone jumping to conclusions.

In the words of Paul McCartney and his frogs :Boo hoo! WE ALL STAND TOGETHER :Boo hoo! (sorry) :oops:

GOOD MAN BILLY

10 Jun 2007, 22:07

Now that was a song!!!!

Wot was macca thinking of????

OUT

11 Jun 2007, 00:18

I know me and tommo had a few rucks in other threads but i aint too proud to say you are bang on in what you are saying here mate, some wise words :Applause

Madsorter..

11 Jun 2007, 14:30

Cheers for that.. As i said before I agreed with some of your points as well. I think we just got off on the wrong footing..

Passions running hi after the Vote me thinks!!!

OUT

DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND US DOWN!!! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

11 Jun 2007, 15:48

TBT and Tommo are right, weve been doing the job right at Burslem for months now and when theres a dispute working to your 318s really f**ks them up, RM bring out rules for doing the job to cover themselves like bag weights everybody knows what the bag weight is but how many people who are generaly rushing put more weight in than they should, RM turn a blind eye until they get injured then they arnt bothered, and putting your seat belt on in between drops how many drivers dont?
nearly all, RM know the job cant be done if they enforce it, so again they turn a blind eye until somebody gets injured then you get the rules so as they can cover themselves, these are their rules use them against them...
UNITY IS STRENGTH.

THE DAY AFTER

11 Jun 2007, 16:10

JUST A RESPONSE TO BILLYPANTS. THE DAY AFTER A STRIKE, DON'T BE PUSHED INTO TAKING THE LEFTOVER MAIL FROM STRIKE DAY. REMEMBER MATE IT'S A CLEAR OFFICE POLICY. IF THEY THREATEN YOU WITH WILFUL, ASK THE DOM WHO TOOK OUT THE DUTY ON STRIKE DAY. IF THEY WANT TO DO US FOR WILFUL, THEN THEY'LL HAVE TO DO THE MANAGER/NON MEMBER/SCAB TOO.

WTR IS ALL WELL AND GOOD AT CHRISTMAS AND PRESSURE PERIODS. BUT WHILE FAT CAT LEIGHTON IS BEING SO STUBBORN, STRIKE SHOULD BE THE ONLY OPTION UNTIL HE DRAGS HIS ARSE TO THE NEGOTIATING TABLE.

11 Jun 2007, 16:41

WORK TO RULE
the old questions keep popping up when we hold a union meeting lets all work to rule the very guys that raise this question are the idiots that rush round like lunatics and use there cars and come in early 5 days a week 52 weeks a year and i know that if we went down this path i would be having arguments and discussions with those same sad individuals every day asking why they are breaking the work to rule some people want to take the easy option and not lose any money and let others make the sacrifice

thats why i think its easier to organise a day/days strike action

my only worry is that those same idiots will then rush round the day after we take action and the effectiveness of any action is diminished

11 Jun 2007, 16:52

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1685

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1