not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Industrial action: an update from Royal Mail

07 Jun 2007, 15:06

The Communications Workers Union has balloted 127,000 people and around 66,000 have supported strike action. That's around half of the number balloted and excludes more than 20,000 people who aren't union members. We are hugely disappointed at this outcome, which means that the union may now decide to disrupt services by taking strike action

We know that Royal Mail has no option but to change and become a modern, efficient business if we are to compete and thrive in today's competitive marketplace. If we are going to provide the levels of service that all our customers have come to expect, we must work more efficiently. This means that we must modernise and invest in our business. That is what this dispute is about.

We are hugely ambitious for the future of Royal Mail, which is why we fought hard to secure £1.2 billion from the government. This investment will help us continue to create products that our customers want, at a competitive price, and will help us maintain the one-price-goes-anywhere service that we are so proud of.

We will continue to explain to everyone within Royal Mail that the only way we are going to deliver great customer service, and improve pay for our postmen and women, is by modernising to compete. We know that to delay change, and to take strike action, damages our ability to make this happen. We will continue to do all we can to persuade people not to go on strike.

The CWU must now give us at least seven days’ notice of strike action. We have developed contingency plans which we will put in place in the event of any action.

Re: Industrial action: an update from Royal Mail

07 Jun 2007, 15:16

POSTMAN wrote:The Communications Workers Union has balloted 127,000 people and around 66,000 have supported strike action. That's around half of the number balloted and excludes more than 20,000 people who aren't union members. We are hugely disappointed at this outcome, which means that the union may now decide to disrupt services by taking strike action

We know that Royal Mail has no option but to change and become a modern, efficient business if we are to compete and thrive in today's competitive marketplace. If we are going to provide the levels of service that all our customers have come to expect, we must work more efficiently. This means that we must modernise and invest in our business. That is what this dispute is about.

We are hugely ambitious for the future of Royal Mail, which is why we fought hard to secure £1.2 billion from the government. This investment will help us continue to create products that our customers want, at a competitive price, and will help us maintain the one-price-goes-anywhere service that we are so proud of.

We will continue to explain to everyone within Royal Mail that the only way we are going to deliver great customer service, and improve pay for our postmen and women, is by modernising to compete. We know that to delay change, and to take strike action, damages our ability to make this happen. We will continue to do all we can to persuade people not to go on strike.

The CWU must now give us at least seven days’ notice of strike action. We have developed contingency plans which we will put in place in the event of any action.

Quit the brovado Royal Mail and get back around the table and meet with the union, that is the only way to avoid industrial action. :no no :no no

THIS IS A SERIOUS MESSAGE TO ROYAL MAIL

07 Jun 2007, 17:09

Dear Adam and Allan

Please read this and take it seriously. I know thet Royal Mail Managers are monitoring this site and if you both are not, then I live in hope someone passes this to you.

My personal belief, which is as valid as either of yours, is that you are now in a position where you KNOW that Industrial Action is at the forefront of ALL your employees minds by now. Some of them, enough to cripple the network, are willing to lose their hardearned pay and show their dissatisfaction by striking.

Why should so many of your employees be so unhappy? You offer them an effective pay cut of 2.3% and desire to introduce a Business Plan that I doubt would stand up to independent scrutiny. The Federation of Small Businesses Chairman has spoken - does what he says give you cause to question your next move?

If you do not return to the negotiatons table then I can see but one outcome. The Government will intervene and tell you both (if indeed you are still around) to sort it to our MUTUAL SATISFACTION. If you are not willing THE GOVERNMENT WILL DO IT THEMSELVES.

Please take this seriously.

Please do the right thing - return to the table.

Last chance.

Let's have a bit of Dignity and Respect - you owe us that.

07 Jun 2007, 17:12

Now we will see the true colours of Gordon Brown and co. (no pun intended) Is he going to allow the first postal strike in ten years to happen after him being in office for a few weeks...Stand up Gordon and let us see who's side you are really on!

Re: THIS IS A SERIOUS MESSAGE TO ROYAL MAIL

07 Jun 2007, 17:17

Codebreaker wrote:Dear Adam and Allan

Please read this and take it seriously. I know thet Royal Mail Managers are monitoring this site and if you both are not, then I live in hope someone passes this to you.

My personal belief, which is as valid as either of yours, is that you are now in a position where you KNOW that Industrial Action is at the forefront of ALL your employees minds by now. Some of them, enough to cripple the network, are willing to lose their hardearned pay and show their dissatisfaction by striking.

Why should so many of your employees be so unhappy? You offer them an effective pay cut of 2.3% and desire to introduce a Business Plan that I doubt would stand up to independent scrutiny. The Federation of Small Businesses Chairman has spoken - does what he says give you cause to question your next move?

If you do not return to the negotiatons table then I can see but one outcome. The Government will intervene and tell you both (if indeed you are still around) to sort it to our MUTUAL SATISFACTION. If you are not willing THE GOVERNMENT WILL DO IT THEMSELVES.

Please take this seriously.

Please do the right thing - return to the table.

Last chance.

Let's have a bit of Dignity and Respect - you owe us that.

That's really good :Applause

07 Jun 2007, 17:17

Well Said, Codebreaker

07 Jun 2007, 19:03

There is no contingency plan that Royal Mail can implement that will replace 127,000 postal workers and deliver any kind of service whatsoever. The management of our PUBLIC POSTAL SERVICE have just been dealt a blow by their workforce that counteracts all their brainwashing techniques of the past few years. Yes, they have been found out, but of course we knew all along and it is only now that we have had a chance to prove it to them. It is time now for our employers,the government, to step in and save Royal Mail, us, and everyone else from these egotistical prophets of doom.

decent pay/?

07 Jun 2007, 19:32

could alan or adam live on pmn money for a year?think not...... slipper

07 Jun 2007, 20:13

Here at RM Customer Services we each got a "Reactive Statement" to tell customers who called up how much Royal Mail were disappointed in the CWU. They went in the bin. Good luck to all in Service, POL and Cash In Transit. We have yet to even begin pay talks, but I'm sure we won't be far behind you if they try to pull the same crap on us.

It's not just about the pay - there's 40,000 people losing their jobs for f**k's sake and a massive pension crisis whilst the bosses make a fortune.

07 Jun 2007, 20:47

grubbymitts wrote:Here at RM Customer Services we each got a "Reactive Statement" to tell customers who called up how much Royal Mail were disappointed in the CWU. They went in the bin. Good luck to all in Service, POL and Cash In Transit. We have yet to even begin pay talks, but I'm sure we won't be far behind you if they try to pull the same crap on us.

It's not just about the pay - there's 40,000 people losing their jobs for f**k's sake and a massive pension crisis whilst the bosses make a fortune.

:Applause :Applause :Applause
Nice one,and get some more of them guys on here. :Very Happy
Read my sig.

08 Jun 2007, 13:17

grubbymitts wrote:Here at RM Customer Services we each got a "Reactive Statement" to tell customers who called up how much Royal Mail were disappointed in the CWU. They went in the bin. Good luck to all in Service, POL and Cash In Transit. We have yet to even begin pay talks, but I'm sure we won't be far behind you if they try to pull the same crap on us.

Excellent and thanks for the support. But please be careful at work you know what they are like.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1