not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

missing votes

07 Jun 2007, 14:30

just wondering why 40,000 odd didnt vote ?
anyone one on here who didn t ?
and wondered WHY you didn t

07 Jun 2007, 14:41

ASSHOLES

07 Jun 2007, 14:44

:hmmmm

I hate to be cynical but

Royal Mail had to deliver all the ballot papers to union members so we could vote

Royal Mail also had to deliver completed ballot papers to the relavent body

I haven't met anybody who will admit to voting no (or even having doubts about voting at all)

but were all votes returned in time???

It seems slightly strange that over 40,000 didn't vote (Or their votes didn't count)

Mind you - any government would be ecstatic with such a high turnout in a general election.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MISSING . . . .

07 Jun 2007, 15:01

DON'T PANIC - I'D PUT DOWN THE MISSING VOTES AS A RESULT OF THE CRIPPLING LOW MORALE THESE DAYS. IT HAPPENS AT MY OFFICE, THE SILENT ONES WHO COME IN DO THE JOB AND GO HOME AGAIN. GROUND DOWN BY YEARS OF BEING SHAT UPON. YOU CANNOT BLAME THEM. HEY, 66% IS FAR MORE THAN HAVE VOTED IN US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS FOR DONKEYS YEARS! (he's off again . . . . ed!) :Applause

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

07 Jun 2007, 16:00

Why not put the 40,000 names forward to be 1st in line for any job cuts and then let them vote on it,last ballot paper in means 1st out!!!!!! :arrrghhh

07 Jun 2007, 16:32

damn good idea those that couldn't be arsed to stand up and be counted get out... funny when they need the round testing or bunged a sickie once to often they are the first to bleat about the union.
rep's on holiday but came in on day off with flyers. those that couldn't be f****d just chucked them in the bin. they want the money but let others fight for it. strike breakers

07 Jun 2007, 17:03

iow1 wrote:damn good idea those that couldn't be arsed to stand up and be counted get out... funny when they need the round testing or bunged a sickie once to often they are the first to bleat about the union.
rep's on holiday but came in on day off with flyers. those that couldn't be f****d just chucked them in the bin. they want the money but let others fight for it. strike breakers

Well said lad! I was a rep for seven years and these freeloaders are always great at waving the red flag when it's their worthless arses heading out the door and theyre looking for support, but the rest of the time it's "what has the union ever done for anyone in here?"

07 Jun 2007, 18:03

2 members in my office said they did not get a ballot paper :sad: ,the rest (67) said they voted :Very Happy

Union Dues

07 Jun 2007, 18:05

Most of our new staff are only 24 hours and have asked why they have to pay full union fees. RM only ever given them something pro rate and the union are not fighting these cost saving exercises and it is affecting mainly none members.

We need to think about our rates for P/T staff our rep is the bosses dog and does call to heel very well - better at crufts than Royal Mail, therefore he does not bother to recruit new starters (the boss like non union staff - easier to bully) the posties on the floor are left to advise them.

07 Jun 2007, 18:08

I was under the impression p/t staff payed a lower rate of subs.
I'm sure i read it on a branch website somewhere.

07 Jun 2007, 18:09

LTFT STAFF PAY AROUND £1.50 IN UNION DUES WHERE-AS A FULL TIMER PAYS AROUND £2.70

Bingo!

07 Jun 2007, 18:18

Nice one John.

07 Jun 2007, 18:33

gazzer wrote:Why not put the 40,000 names forward to be 1st in line for any job cuts and then let them vote on it,last ballot paper in means 1st out!!!!!! :arrrghhh

What sort of logic is that ? Surely the ones who voted NO could have caused much more damage to our jobs if the rest of us hadn't stood up and been counted :d'oh!

If they are so keen on a package that includes voluntary redundancies, let's see them volunteer to go :wink:

07 Jun 2007, 18:49

I will have to follow that up and my wife and I both pay the same dues and I work 40 hours and she does 32 hours.

Maybe she is due a refund?

I do know I get 20% on all allowances and bonuses though!!! much to her disgust because on a normal week (40 out of 52 a year) she covers a full time duty so we do the same number of hours!!!!

PS she also looses out while we are on holiday :Confused

07 Jun 2007, 18:52

Whenever you and your wife joined the union she should have put that she was part time and would only pay the part time dues. Speak to your rep to chase it up.

07 Jun 2007, 18:59

Will do thanks for the info.

PS one of our posties asked to take the suposed VR on offer and was told he had to find someone willing to do his round for nothing, if not his job was not redundant and somebody else would have to be employed to do his round. He tried to progres the relocation of a person from another office or part of the business, which I think is permittable under the reduntacy regulations, but was told NO. He is currently triing to find a free replacement from another office but with no joy.

Any advise (PS he has 30 years service and is 57 years old!!!) :pray

07 Jun 2007, 19:06

IF evr is offered it usually means that the office has a surplus of staff which means your mate would go and his job would be advertised in that office as there has to be a reason for him to leave the job. If there is no surplus then evr is not offered.
It would not be his responsibilty to cover duty which is left. If he comes into the criteria for redundancy under the MTSF agreement then he either says yes or no to the offer . If he says yes he gets his money gets his finishing date and off he goes. If he says no it moves on to the next person on the list.

Re: DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MISSING . . . .

08 Jun 2007, 11:45

mdtomuk wrote:DON'T PANIC - I'D PUT DOWN THE MISSING VOTES AS A RESULT OF THE CRIPPLING LOW MORALE THESE DAYS. IT HAPPENS AT MY OFFICE, THE SILENT ONES WHO COME IN DO THE JOB AND GO HOME AGAIN. GROUND DOWN BY YEARS OF BEING SHAT UPON. YOU CANNOT BLAME THEM.

Yep also you simply cant blame people who just dont give a toss about the job and is simply a wage for them to live there life RIGHT NOW, thats how some people live, day by day. These people have as much right as anyone else to do with their vote whatever they wish.

Y be in a union then????

08 Jun 2007, 17:18

If the people dont stand by the majority then this makes the Union a farce!!! All had there say and if you said NO then SORRY YOUR OUT VOTED!!!

DEMOCRATICLY!!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BE IN OUR UNION!!!

out

want there cake and eat it!!! comes to mind!!! We put up with the No vote for the Wayforward so you No voters put up now!!! :no no :no no :no no :no no

08 Jun 2007, 18:20

mate i know people who started at rm and then got 'whirlwinded' into joining the union without even knowing what they were doing and over time they have just left it, not everyone is as militant as you mate some people just goto work for money for that month and are maybe planning different futures than sorting mail forever THATS WHY SOME PEOPLE HAVENT VOTED imo

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2