not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




re action

06 Jun 2007, 20:07

i,m a unit rep and for me the day to choose for action is obviously saturday/ first its popular and the people who are undecided will think ..long weekend.. friday night out. less money lost as well. in my office there are not many members who will resist the chance of a long weekend off. and of course monday we should all work to our time.

re saturdays ..does anyone know the law re changing hours? what exactly does the goverment leglisation about family friendly hours say?

06 Jun 2007, 20:11

Although Saturdays may be good for delivery it wouldnt make a bit of difference in the MCs...a possible way would be to take mail centres out for one hour at the despatch times.

06 Jun 2007, 20:35

johnston65 wrote:Although Saturdays may be good for delivery it wouldnt make a bit of difference in the MCs...a possible way would be to take mail centres out for one hour
at the despatch times.


see what you are saying but i feel in my office and other delivery offices members are more worried about losing pay than anything. if a day in the week is proposed i think the responce in my office could be awful
of course i respect your opinions about mcs. i spoke to senior rep at national level recently and this was his view re saturdays but maybe he was telling US what we wanted to hear? i,m really concerned how late we can be made to work on sats?

06 Jun 2007, 21:24

bowlesfan wrote:
johnston65 wrote:Although Saturdays may be good for delivery it wouldnt make a bit of difference in the MCs...a possible way would be to take mail centres out for one hour
at the despatch times.


see what you are saying but i feel in my office and other delivery offices members are more worried about losing pay than anything. if a day in the week is proposed i think the responce in my office could be awful
of course i respect your opinions about mcs. i spoke to senior rep at national level recently and this was his view re saturdays but maybe he was telling US what we wanted to hear? i,m really concerned how late we can be made to work on sats?
Image Saturdays and Mondays bowlsy and then they got a real long weekend. Take a look at the Burslem Boys thread will give you some ideas on how this IA might be played. We already had a dress rehearsal in Stoke and Nottingham.--------------KWAKONImage
Last edited by KawasakiKid on 06 Jun 2007, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

The timing and Money issues!!

06 Jun 2007, 21:25

Ive been thinking... Not alot, but thats me for ya!!! :shock: Now if the MC's And DO's Need a time that would cripple BOTH then i think A Friday morning from 1000 to 1000 saturday morn..inbetween shifts for both as not enough time to move any work.. I dont know IF that can be done and any opinions on this would be nice to be aired????? It would leave all the mail in a state of limbo... And Monday morn would be a farce!!! But who would want to do O/T after that?? And to get strike breakers and screws.. IF can be done?? Will be near imposible in my opinion!!! They will have to manage all shifts still and make them double up on the next....


Just my idea???? i might be pissing up the wrong tree but who knows??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

OUT


DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND US DOWN!!!!

06 Jun 2007, 21:29

Image Sounds like a KWAKKIN idea to me TOMMO, you aint a Genius for nothin' Image

06 Jun 2007, 21:40

You can have 24hr stoppages so that sounds like a gooden Tommo.
The chances are they have thought of something,and interestingly nothings leaked,so it's seriously close to their chests.

For the record:
I'm skint,and no doubt like many of my/our colleagues are,skint in the sence that ok i can live but i'm not loaded as such.
But if i have to lose a days pay a week sat/mon then so be it.
I don't wanna lose it of course,but if it comes to it,then so be it.
Because we have to do something!

Well leta hope the slime aint seen it on ere??

06 Jun 2007, 22:22

Get it up to DAVE WARD n see wot he n his mates think at HQ....?


I think WE all should have more input in OUR UNION...

Even if mad..... :crazy:

OUT

:pray F A MASSIVE YES :pray

Re: Well leta hope the screw aint seen it on ere??

06 Jun 2007, 23:27

L Tommo wrote:Get it up to DAVE WARD n see wot he n his mates think at HQ....?


I think WE all should have more input in OUR UNION...

Even if mad..... :crazy:

OUT

:pray F A MASSIVE YES :pray


all good ideas guys, we need to win this so much or else we are in the sh...
does anyone know know the law re changin hours?family friendly hours?? etc?
WE ARE THE UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS .ITS UP TO US

24 HOURS! HOW DO YOU ALL COPE?

07 Jun 2007, 14:14

GREAT IDEA ABOUT THE 24HR STOPPAGES. BUT LET'S HOPE IT DON'T COME TO THAT. SURELY THEY WILL TALK NOW (now you really are nuts! . . . . ed).
OH YES, I'M SINGLE, LIVE ON MY OWN (JUST A SECOND HERE, I DO HAVE FRIENDS SOME OF THEM LADIES!!!!), ANYWAY, I CAN MANAGE ON MY WAGES BY GOING SHORT, AND NOT REPLACING THINGS UNTIL I CAN AFFORD THEM. BUT HOW IN GOD'S EARTH DO MEN AND WOMEN WITH YOUNG FAMILIES COPE IN 2007 UK! ESPECIALLY AS LEIGHTON WON'T BE HAPPY UNTIL WE ARE ALL DOING 20 HOURS A WEEK, MAX! MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU PEOPLE.
:sad:

07 Jun 2007, 16:10

i think the union should inform every walking postman/driver to do the job properly.i.e no cars,no coming in early,weigh all your bags,cut off etc etc.this in my opinion will cause chaos,if that doesnt work then call 1 day strikes.

07 Jun 2007, 16:58

ianpostie wrote:i think the union should inform every walking postman/driver to do the job properly.i.e no cars,no coming in early,weigh all your bags,cut off etc etc.this in my opinion will cause chaos,if that doesnt work then call 1 day strikes.


Great ideas, but it's getting the staff to stick to it. We had a vote about three weeks ago not to throw in before the official start time and only take one bag in the car and leave the rest for the van driver. What happened? The next day people were boxing off and several had to be reminded of the vote decision. Within two days, idiots were loading five or six bags into their cars. If they all worked to the rules (RM rules by the way) we could bring this to a quick conclusion, but some people won't, so the only was is to strike.

07 Jun 2007, 17:02

only take 1 bag in your car?all cars should be banned!

07 Jun 2007, 17:04

ianpostie wrote:only take 1 bag in your car?all cars should be banned!


Couldn't agree more mate. The DOM told me they wouldn't put in any more pouch boxes because they didn't need to. People had their own pouch boxes with engines and wheels. It just shows how reliant RM are on these people.

12 Jun 2007, 14:50

What do they know that we don't ?

"We have been advised that Royal Mail may be taking industrial action week commencing 18th June 2007"

http://www.creditman.biz:80/uk/members/news-view.asp?newsviewID=7307&id=1&mylocation=News&chksrc=NNow4251

12 Jun 2007, 15:17

Got that in my news alerts have posted it as a seperate topic.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... 2888#12888

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1