not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

05 Jun 2007, 22:00

What makes you think its Fri's and Mon's?

05 Jun 2007, 22:06

What makes you assume it's a Yes vote ?

Let's wait two days for the outcome, and then see if the CWU is clever and recommends that everyone just work to the 318, and no more. That, in my opinion, would be more effective. A slowly-growing mountain of backlogged mail, with minimal impact on our take-home pay :Applause

05 Jun 2007, 22:08

Oh right lol,tell ya boys to wise up :Very Happy
Stuff like that is usually Sat/Mon.
BUT no one knows what's gonna happen but chances are it's summin like that.
Dave Ward:"Maximum disruption to RM minimum cost to us"

05 Jun 2007, 22:23

hertfordshirehog wrote:What makes you assume it's a Yes vote ?

everyone just work to the 318, and no more. That, :Applause

Blimey thats 5 hours more than i work now :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

06 Jun 2007, 01:05

ade@cambs wrote:

everyone just work to the 318, and no more. That, :Applause

Blimey thats 5 hours more than i work now :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

I don't mind doing that, as on a wednesday they put my duty finish time as 10.40 for the past 4 weeks.. which apparently is a mistake.

:Very Happy :Very Happy

06 Jun 2007, 11:09

Let's wait two days for the outcome, and then see if the CWU is clever and recommends that everyone just work to the 318, and no more. That, in my opinion, would be more effective. A slowly-growing mountain of backlogged mail, with minimal impact on our take-home pay :Applause

Problem with that is its hard to police around the country.
I would like a complete overtime ban everyone just does there duty and goes home that way you keep people on your side because everyone still gets a wage.

06 Jun 2007, 12:53

We have been strike action is last resort and if it happens it will be just Fridays. More likely we will be 'Doing the job properly' :wink:

06 Jun 2007, 12:56

Dreamcatcher wrote:We have been strike action is last resort and if it happens it will be just Fridays. More likely we will be 'Doing the job properly' :wink:

Well not properly but how Royal Mail have said it should be done. This is the way to show how hard we really work and how much grace and charity we used to give to RM.

06 Jun 2007, 13:54

IN MY OFFICE, IF THERE'S A BACK LOG OF MAIL FROM A PREVIOUS DAY, THE STAFF REFUSE TO TAKE IT UNLESS THEY'RE PAYED DOCKET.
I'M ALL FOR 1 DAY NATIONAL STOPPAGES. IF YOU HAVE A WORK TO RULE, THERE'S A TENDANCY TO BREAK IT COS THE O/T IS ALWAYS THERE. REST DAY WORK, COLLECTIONS ETC.
WE'RE ALWAYS HAMMERED WITH THE CLEAR OFFICE POLICY. LETS SEE THE MANAGERS COPE WITH THAT WHEN WE GO OUT.
HOPE THE RUMOUR IS RIGHT. 79% YES WOULD BE A KICK IN THE B****CKS FOR THE PINKY AND PERKY

13 Jun 2007, 13:16

when are we gonna be told if and when we strike
i have heared nothing since the ballot result

13 Jun 2007, 16:16

patience is a virtue my friend, the cwu bigwigs are sitting round a table today (wednesday) where there are seats available should Leighton or Crozier turn up (they have been invited).

If they don't show, then the cwu bang their heads together and come up with a plan. we should all know within a few days.

Don't assume it's gonna be one day walkouts all round (although that is most likely) as I've heard stories of strike action for just a couple of hours each day for a week. Just think about it, finishing 2 hours early every day for 4 days leaves one hell of a mess and still only costs us 1 days pay. Or maybe just the mail centres walk out leaving the delivery offices with no mail, then next week the delivery offices get their turn. OK each of these is unlikely but just don't assume anything until we know for sure.

woops

13 Jun 2007, 22:05

OK so I got that one wrong, well sort of, they did have their meeting today but they've decided to give Crozier one final chance to see the light. He's got another couple of days now to respond.

The CWU must take action within 28 days of the ballot result being announced or they have to ballot again so there can be no more delays

If you want to keep up to date with the goings on send an email to jcolbert@cwu.org saying you want regular updates and you'll get all the news hot off the press into your inbox.

13 Jun 2007, 22:41

Spot on Billy,
Although i think it's actually 28 days from when the ballot begins,so this would mean the CWU must act by 19th June.

"Timing of the ballot and related action

If the inducement of industrial action to which the ballot relates is to be protected by the law, some part of the action must be induced and start to take place within four weeks from the date of the ballot. "

14 Jun 2007, 04:59

robd wrote:Spot on Billy,
Although i think it's actually 28 days from when the ballot begins,so this would mean the CWU must act by 19th June.

"Timing of the ballot and related action

If the inducement of industrial action to which the ballot relates is to be protected by the law, some part of the action must be induced and start to take place within four weeks from the date of the ballot. "

But wasn't the ballot date 7 June 07. A bit like postal voting for local and general is the ballot date the date they want the ballots back by ??

14 Jun 2007, 11:26

NOW WE HAVE THE YES VOTE THE UNION HAS TO GIVE R/M 7 DAYS NOTICE FOR A STRIKE AND HAVE TO GIVE A DATE WITHIN 28 DAYS TO KEEP THE YES VOTE VALID.

14 Jun 2007, 14:05

As far as i understand,the CWU gave notice of their intention to strike on Tue 15th May(7 days notice)
members were then balloted from Tue 22nd May,presuming this to be the opening day of the ballot it would mean the last day to
announce any action would be the 19th June.

Notice of the ballot and sample voting paper for employers

The union must take such steps as are reasonably necessary to ensure that any employer who it is reasonable for the union to believe will be the employer of any of its members who will be entitled to vote receives certain information in advance of the intended opening day of the ballot (i.e. the first day when a voting paper is sent to any person entitled to vote)
Not later than the seventh day before the intended opening day, written notice.
stating that the union intends to hold the ballot.
specifying the date which the union reasonably believes will be the opening day of the ballot
If the inducement of industrial action to which the ballot relates is to be protected by the law, some part of the action must be induced and start to take place within four weeks from the date of the ballot.

14 Jun 2007, 14:48

Good call robd :Applause but I'm also told that the cwu will give 7 days notice before a walkout, if so then 19th June can't be done. . . . .or was I misinformed on that one :hmmmm

either way it's looking increasingly likely that we will have to go at some point, so GOOD LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED :pray

14 Jun 2007, 14:58

I wouldn't be surprised if one day that is selected for strike action is either 27th or 28th June.
What a welcome to No 10 for Gordon Brown that would be.
As apparently there is no money for a decent pay offer with no strings (funny how there's enough to pay the obscene bonuses though) I don't have much hope for avioiding strikes.

I just hope that the weather's better (more sun, less rain).

Better hunt out the umbrella's and sun hats

14 Jun 2007, 16:09

Surely setting dates for strike action would put us in a stronger position with regards negotiations.

About time we moved it up a gear and stopped pussy footing around these morons.

14 Jun 2007, 18:18

Just to be clear cwu give 7 days notice,
then the papers are issued,this is deemed to be the first day of the ballot,the fact that some papers take up to a week to arrive or not
at all is immaterial.
also it's not counted from when a result is announced as a deal could have been agreed in the meantime.
there must be some form of action taken within 28 days of the ballot opening,so the last opportunity for this will be the 19th June.
so they can still give 7 days notice from this point.(19th)
as i've said previously this would allow for the first stopage to be on Gordon Browns first day in office!

If a strike was called on the 28th June(Browns first day as PM)it would not neccessarilly be in our best interests,but would gain
maximum exposure(not disruption)for the CWU.
Would everyone be happy about this?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2