ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Deducted pay on sick leave

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
yorkmover123
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 111
Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 19:57
Gender: Female

Deducted pay on sick leave

Post by yorkmover123 »

I am on sick leave for a number of weeks now , weeks before the strike with a doctor sick note I have been deducted 1 days pay for the strike on Friday are they really allowed to do this when I am unfit at present to return to work . I will be contacting HR tomorrow for answers to this issue.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Deducted pay on sick leave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nope, your manager got it wrong: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 7&t=106210

Their own guidance says
2.6.1. Sick absence that begins prior to industrial action

Normal procedures apply. For those employees already on self-certificated or medical certificated sick absence, it should be regarded as continuing absence. E.g. if the self-certified period runs out then request a medical certificate (fit note). If the employee does not provide a certificate, then the absence will be considered as industrial action.
If the employee subsequently provides a medical certificate to cover the absence, the sick absence should be regarded as continuing until the final certificate expires.
If an employee is already on certificated sick absence on the first day of industrial action such absence should be regarded as continuing until the final medical certificate expires.
Please note references to sick absence also apply to Other time off (special leave).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Gary55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 354
Joined: 29 Jun 2021, 21:02
Gender: Male
Location: london

Re: Deducted pay on sick leave

Post by Gary55 »

Your manager will probably be promoted
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: Deducted pay on sick leave

Post by woofwoof »

Are you not deducted pay if you are on the picket line
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Deducted pay on sick leave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I believe that is in their guidance above. But how enforceable it is in an ET is open for debate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.