ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery Supplement replaced with RDC Supplement

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Carefree
Posts: 12
Joined: 02 Oct 2019, 08:45
Gender: Male

Delivery Supplement replaced with RDC Supplement

Post by Carefree »

Hello everyone, I have been working at RM for a year now & until June was receiving the Delivery Supplement. However, since then I have had that removed & replaced by RDC Supplement.

I don't understand why this has been changed as to my understanding I should receive the Delivery Supplement as I am a postman & not part of an RDC. I'm bemused at this and left it as I wasn't sure if it had just changed for part-timers at our office however I asked another person who started about a week after me & he stills receives the supplement.

I rang HR to ask what the change meant as I had less understanding than now & the person who connected with me was useless & told me I had changed Delivery Grade which I wasn't clued up on & still am not so I asked him to explain in layman's terms but again.. he was utterly useless.

Why has this been changed just for me? I was told I wasn't even registered at the right office & another depot was dealing with my overtime etc :crazy:

Seems every time you sort something as a part-timer some other BS happens :arrrghhh

I am going to contact my Union rep to see if he can help but has this happened to anyone else?
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery Supplement replaced with RDC Supplement

Post by yubin282 »

Some people have the delivery supplement split into 2 smaller payments instead of one.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery Supplement replaced with RDC Supplement

Post by Woody Guthrie »

yubin282 wrote: ↑
22 Aug 2022, 20:10
Some people have the delivery supplement split into 2 smaller payments instead of one.
That's only those who received the old early shift allowance.

As that was pensionable and the delivery supplement is not to protect their pensionable pay the DS was split into two with a pensionable amount equivalent to the old ESA and the rest as non pensionable. We get the same amount when added together.
Only dead fish follow the current