I think Tracked at least will be 7 days a week, maybe SDs as well but with a premium paid. If you exclude normal foreign items from the figures, I don't think it'll that long before more Tracked is processed than non-Tracked packetspostslippete wrote:The biggest problem with mail is that now and again we just get an avalanche of letters on any given day - especially when Matalan, catalogues, screw fix and/or any of our local businesses decide on a whim to just have a bulk posting. Managers then tell us that everything has got to go on that day and staff end up leaving loops left, right and centre. I've seen loops not get delivered and my gut feeling is that if they get rid of a Tuesday as a USO day, you can be sure that the Wednesday is going to be one helluva day.
I think that if Royal Mail want to lose a USO day then it should also apply for packets as well as the post - especially as Royal Mail are intending to spend billions on these parcel hubs.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
OFCOM USO question
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12184
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
OFCOM USO question
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
OFCOM USO question
The USO is already only 'at least' 5 days a week for packets - it's Mon to Fri - but just try telling your DOM that you're not delivering parcels on a Saturday in accordancepostslippete wrote:................
I think that if Royal Mail want to lose a USO day then it should also apply for packets as well as the post - especially as Royal Mail are intending to spend billions on these parcel hubs.
with the USO though....
The Postal Services (Universal Postal Service) Order 2012
Delivery services
6.—(1) At least one delivery every Monday to Saturday of letters originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(2) At least one delivery every Monday to Friday of other postal packets originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16699
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
OFCOM USO question
Now there is a trait so rarely seen these days I was beginning to think it had gone the way of the Dodo.Woody Guthrie wrote:
To be honest.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12184
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
OFCOM USO question
Quite a few of what we send out to DOs as "small packets" are technically large-letters so a good chunk under the USO must go out on Saturdays as wellyellowbelly wrote:The USO is already only 'at least' 5 days a week for packets - it's Mon to Fri - but just try telling your DOM that you're not delivering parcels on a Saturday in accordancepostslippete wrote:................
I think that if Royal Mail want to lose a USO day then it should also apply for packets as well as the post - especially as Royal Mail are intending to spend billions on these parcel hubs.
with the USO though....
The Postal Services (Universal Postal Service) Order 2012
Delivery services
6.—(1) At least one delivery every Monday to Saturday of letters originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
(2) At least one delivery every Monday to Friday of other postal packets originating from anywhere in the world—
(a) to the home or premises of every individual or other person in the United Kingdom; and
(b) to delivery points approved by OFCOM for the purposes of this paragraph.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
OFCOM USO question
Am I right in saying that the Isle of Man has recently dropped down to a 5 day letter delivery week. That mayber a sign of things to come.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
OFCOM USO question
You're right. 5 day letter, but parcels continue on the 6 day week. I wasn't aware of this but came in end of October. Details on iompost.comMarshamp11 wrote:Am I right in saying that the Isle of Man has recently dropped down to a 5 day letter delivery week. That mayber a sign of things to come.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
OFCOM USO question
It was reported on this site. I think the date it started on the Isle of Man was October 19th. I guess if there is a requirement for RM to deliver parcels on Saturdays then the LAT hubs would cover that leaving the standard DO posties to work Monday to Friday.ssdd wrote:You're right. 5 day letter, but parcels continue on the 6 day week. I wasn't aware of this but came in end of October. Details on iompost.comMarshamp11 wrote:Am I right in saying that the Isle of Man has recently dropped down to a 5 day letter delivery week. That mayber a sign of things to come.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.