ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Colleague suspended for cutting off

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

Colleague suspended for cutting off

Post by walkthewalk »

So sad and sorry to read this thread, I’m even ashamed to say I work for RM as a postie, saying that my sympathy goes out to this individual who must be suffering from some sort of mental stress (RM have a helpline for this) it’s very easy for someone to say “don’t worry” but I would say seek help were you can there is help like I stated above. There is also help at your doctors in which throwing a sick note onto your managers desk which states “stress” on it, he has to answer someone for that sick note especially if you contact the helpline number for suffering in silence.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Colleague suspended for cutting off

Post by NWpostie »

Heard similar is happening in Hayes DO in Harrow and district. Two members of staff got dismissed for "delaying mail" because they couldn't complete and management ignoring overunning procedure.

They're now going to ballot for industrial action.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
superdazzy
Posts: 98
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 20:37
Gender: Male

Colleague suspended for cutting off

Post by superdazzy »

walkthewalk wrote:So sad and sorry to read this thread, I’m even ashamed to say I work for RM as a postie, saying that my sympathy goes out to this individual who must be suffering from some sort of mental stress (RM have a helpline for this) it’s very easy for someone to say “don’t worry” but I would say seek help were you can there is help like I stated above. There is also help at your doctors in which throwing a sick note onto your managers desk which states “stress” on it, he has to answer someone for that sick note especially if you contact the helpline number for suffering in silence.
Not sure if this was aimed at me but good advice.
cookiewise
Posts: 101
Joined: 16 Sep 2018, 09:31
Gender: Female
Location: over the hills and far away

Colleague suspended for cutting off

Post by cookiewise »

NWpostie wrote:Heard similar is happening in Hayes DO in Harrow and district. Two members of staff got dismissed for "delaying mail" because they couldn't complete and management ignoring overunning procedure.

They're now going to ballot for industrial action.

Should be a nationwide ballot as this is going on more than I think is really appreciated.
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Colleague suspended for cutting off

Post by wookie »

cookiewise wrote:
NWpostie wrote:Heard similar is happening in Hayes DO in Harrow and district. Two members of staff got dismissed for "delaying mail" because they couldn't complete and management ignoring overunning procedure.

They're now going to ballot for industrial action.

Should be a nationwide ballot as this is going on more than I think is really appreciated.
Yes. That is all.