ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:Man Utd probably have the largest fan base in the world but it doesn't mean they are going to win the League. I'm sick of saying there are 9 million voters in labours camp normally but that won't happen with Corbyn, he himself is toxic to all right minded labour supporters. Dave Ward is for Dave Ward another old hat spouting rhetoric.
Thats very arrogant of you. Right minded thinking is very 1984 and appeals to the people you seem afraid of - the trots, incidentally the people I am against. Communists expelled you from the party if you didn't think the same as them :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by baldrick »

There is a Labour Party political broadcast on itv at 6.25. Should be worth watching, especially for anyone thinking about joining,
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by k979aaa »

For the record not a momentum supporter nor contributor or member only joined the Labour party after Jeremy Corbyn was elected as this was the death of New Labour which destroyed job's in our industry and with their neo liberal policy's and with which made many leave our union the CWU. Not just that though other unions like the FBU left the party at the time because New Labour was a neo conservative government and did not listen to anyone but Tony Blair top down government just like the top down Management in Royal Mail as it is now well time's are a changing!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

baldrick wrote:Yes great conference speech. Corbyn is getting into his stride now and getting better and better.
Jetblack you should join up, and anyone else who wants to change society for the better should.
Even if you don't want to get phsyically involved, just becoming a member helps. Labour is on it's way to becoming a truly mass party. It is an exciting prospect.
:crazy:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Man Utd probably have the largest fan base in the world but it doesn't mean they are going to win the League. I'm sick of saying there are 9 million voters in labours camp normally but that won't happen with Corbyn, he himself is toxic to all right minded labour supporters. Dave Ward is for Dave Ward another old hat spouting rhetoric.
Thats very arrogant of you. Right minded thinking is very 1984 and appeals to the people you seem afraid of - the trots, incidentally the people I am against. Communists expelled you from the party if you didn't think the same as them :hmmmm
Isn't that what Corbyn is trying to do with the threat of de-selection to right minded labour MPs and loading the NEC in his favour. Wake up! This man IS a Trotskyite and you profess to support him.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

baldrick wrote:Paddy Power has now cut the odds on Corbyn becoming next PM from 5/1 to 9/2! :dance
Being Paddy Power they probably don't understand the odds system, but hey wtf get that wallet out and bung a wedge on Corbyn being the next PM. I'm personally putting a fiver on Clyde, Clint Eastwoods pet, I'm not sure what the odds are but I imagine it'll be a landslide for Clyde. :cuppa
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by k979aaa »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Man Utd probably have the largest fan base in the world but it doesn't mean they are going to win the League. I'm sick of saying there are 9 million voters in labours camp normally but that won't happen with Corbyn, he himself is toxic to all right minded labour supporters. Dave Ward is for Dave Ward another old hat spouting rhetoric.
Thats very arrogant of you. Right minded thinking is very 1984 and appeals to the people you seem afraid of - the trots, incidentally the people I am against. Communists expelled you from the party if you didn't think the same as them :hmmmm
Isn't that what Corbyn is trying to do with the threat of de-selection to right minded labour MPs and loading the NEC in his favour. Wake up! This man IS a Trotskyite and you profess to support him.
That is a very harsh statement to make about anyone he is his own man not just someone from the past. I find it hard to comprehend that we all have set name tag's of past idoligy's what is now is now not old time's. Democratic socialism is here and now is our time and I found Jeremy Corbyn's speech uplifting and full of enlightenment for the policy's for today and tomorrow's world!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

k979aaa wrote:That is a very harsh statement to make about anyone he is his own man not just someone from the past. I find it hard to comprehend that we all have set name tag's of past idoligy's what is now is now not old time's. Democratic socialism is here and now is our time and I found Jeremy Corbyn's speech uplifting and full of enlightenment for the policy's for today and tomorrow's world!
Not harsh at all! Corbyn is a left wing dreamer following the diktats of the past. His policies aren't today they are yesterday and he surrounds himself with like minded left wingers. Here he is promising his Corbynistas everything on their wish list - what he doesn't explain is how he intends to finance his wild schemes. Personally I thought his speech was the road to financial disaster which is bound to end in electoral annihilation because people just don't believe his ranting and raving. As for applying name tags, a Corbynista will always be that and ten years from now they will be hiding in the shadows :nervous
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

As far as I know Corby has not made a statement either for or against DE-SELECTION, only that the sitting MPs should undergo automatic re-selection for the next GE. De-selection and re-selection are 2 different things.
“We are going through, unfortunately, a boundary change, every constituency boundary is going to change. Therefore a new selection will have to take place in every single constituency. Where the sitting MP has a substantial geographic coverage in the new area, they will automatically be shortlisted.

“I wish them well. The relationship between an MP and their constituency is a complex one,” Corbyn said. “The vast majority of MPs will have no problem whatsoever.”
I don't consider Corbyn a Trot, he is a radical socialist which is where people make the mistake of calling him and his supporters trots. But trots want a revolution, Corbyn and I would rather make change through the current political system, not an overthrow of it. Ergo he and I ain't a Trot.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by k979aaa »

dvbuk55 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:That is a very harsh statement to make about anyone he is his own man not just someone from the past. I find it hard to comprehend that we all have set name tag's of past idoligy's what is now is now not old time's. Democratic socialism is here and now is our time and I found Jeremy Corbyn's speech uplifting and full of enlightenment for the policy's for today and tomorrow's world!
Not harsh at all! Corbyn is a left wing dreamer following the diktats of the past. His policies aren't today they are yesterday and he surrounds himself with like minded left wingers. Here he is promising his Corbynistas everything on their wish list - what he doesn't explain is how he intends to finance his wild schemes. Personally I thought his speech was the road to financial disaster which is bound to end in electoral annihilation because people just don't believe his ranting and raving. As for applying name tags, a Corbynista will always be that and ten years from now they will be hiding in the shadows :nervous
As for name tags let's not go down that road but call me a democratic socialist by any means I don't mind, As for your assumption he would be a financial disaster that has already happened mainly by the deregulation of the CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT between 1979-1996 and further more by NEW LABOUR both of which are one in the same in policy terms. Now again why would interventionism not prevent the ill's of a free market economy that had gone feral and fed the rich more than they can consume and made their money by lending to those who could not pay it back and in the end HAD INTERVENTIONISM as we the taxpayer were all paying for it and still are by low interest rates and our bond yield being higher than it should be not to mention the billions we propped up the heart of capitalism with the BANK'S being bailed out in 2008 and are still today with QE.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:As far as I know Corby has not made a statement either for or against DE-SELECTION, only that the sitting MPs should undergo automatic re-selection for the next GE. De-selection and re-selection are 2 different things.
“We are going through, unfortunately, a boundary change, every constituency boundary is going to change. Therefore a new selection will have to take place in every single constituency. Where the sitting MP has a substantial geographic coverage in the new area, they will automatically be shortlisted.

“I wish them well. The relationship between an MP and their constituency is a complex one,” Corbyn said. “The vast majority of MPs will have no problem whatsoever.”
I don't consider Corbyn a Trot, he is a radical socialist which is where people make the mistake of calling him and his supporters trots. But trots want a revolution, Corbyn and I would rather make change through the current political system, not an overthrow of it. Ergo he and I ain't a Trot.
Now lets look at it realistically, his left wing Trotskyites have taken over a large proportion of CLPs who are determined to DESELECT any MP who is not a Corbyn supporter and have admitted the same. A revolution TBT can be a bloodless one where the very fabric of the status quo is savaged and that is the way this left wing plot is heading.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by k979aaa »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:As far as I know Corby has not made a statement either for or against DE-SELECTION, only that the sitting MPs should undergo automatic re-selection for the next GE. De-selection and re-selection are 2 different things.
“We are going through, unfortunately, a boundary change, every constituency boundary is going to change. Therefore a new selection will have to take place in every single constituency. Where the sitting MP has a substantial geographic coverage in the new area, they will automatically be shortlisted.

“I wish them well. The relationship between an MP and their constituency is a complex one,” Corbyn said. “The vast majority of MPs will have no problem whatsoever.”
I don't consider Corbyn a Trot, he is a radical socialist which is where people make the mistake of calling him and his supporters trots. But trots want a revolution, Corbyn and I would rather make change through the current political system, not an overthrow of it. Ergo he and I ain't a Trot.
Now lets look at it realistically, his left wing Trotskyites have taken over a large proportion of CLPs who are determined to DESELECT any MP who is not a Corbyn supporter and have admitted the same. A revolution TBT can be a bloodless one where the very fabric of the status quo is savaged and that is the way this left wing plot is heading.
dvbuk55 You have to remember their are boundary changes imposed by the Conservative party which will reduce the parliament by 50 MP'S so if you cannot serve under our leader you would make yourself surplus and therefor on the list for decommissioning as you would not have a seat to sit on.
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by jetblack »

OK - I'll lay my cards on the table. I don't know if anyone read/followed the link I posted earlier but it was to an article about Peter Mandelson's comments yesterday where he stated that he was hoping for an early general election so that Labour would be defeated and Jeremy Corbyn could be challenged and so dethroned.

In my view Peter Mandelson, the "architect" of New Labour, has no place in the Labour Party and should be expelled. FFS there are enough out there that want to see our party (and us) defeated without one of our own.
How things ever got to the stage whereby a depressed working class area like Hartlepool could ever be "represented" by someone like Peter Mandelson is beyond me [selected to represent, that is - just to be clear]. But you know that something is seriously wrong with the Labour Party when he was.

And now he's a peer. Likewise with Neil Kinnock.

They should do the decent thing and go. And, in my view, if they can't do the decent thing they should be lent a helping hand.

Deselection ? JC has ruled it out. Me, I'd put it to the members/CLP's - that's what democracy is all about - and we'll see where the chips fall.
Completely agree with Len McCluskey - Tom Watson would be out the door for a start off. And that's coming from someone that voted for him as Deputy Leader 12 months back.

I'm not as nice as Jeremy Corbyn :evil/mad
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

jetblack wrote:Deselection ? JC has ruled it out. Me, I'd put it to the members/CLP's - that's what democracy is all about - and we'll see where the chips fall.
Completely agree with Len McCluskey - Tom Watson would be out the door for a start off. And that's coming from someone that voted for him as Deputy Leader 12 months back.

I'm not as nice as Jeremy Corbyn :evil/mad
And there you have it if you're not with us you're agin us, so much for the open door politics with honesty and a friendly face. I too wish for an early election which will once and for all put paid to the lie that Corbyn is the messiah for the working class and he'll be out on his ear. Then there will be time for a new leader with a new agenda.
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by jetblack »

dvbuk55 wrote:
jetblack wrote:Deselection ? JC has ruled it out. Me, I'd put it to the members/CLP's - that's what democracy is all about - and we'll see where the chips fall.
Completely agree with Len McCluskey - Tom Watson would be out the door for a start off. And that's coming from someone that voted for him as Deputy Leader 12 months back.

I'm not as nice as Jeremy Corbyn :evil/mad
And there you have it if you're not with us you're agin us, so much for the open door politics with honesty and a friendly face. I too wish for an early election which will once and for all put paid to the lie that Corbyn is the messiah for the working class and he'll be out on his ear. Then there will be time for a new leader with a new agenda.
Hey DVB - I've heard you on here yearning for a strongman, a leader that doesn't take any s**t. And I'm here to tell you, you have found it in me mate, Jetblack.
Your arse would be out the door so fast the postie would be feeling your breeze as he delivers you your last goodbye :wave

And yes - you said it - if you aren't for us you are against us. Sometimes it needs a crisis in life for us to work out who are our friends and who are ours enemies. We reach a crossroads. Socio economically and politically that crossroads was the 2008 crash. Some came through good - and some fell by the wayside.
Those that came up short, like yourself, haven't quite been able to come to terms with it yet, I'll grant you - but the game was up for them 8 years back.

Peter Mandelson hoping for a Labour defeat ? - get the f**k out of the party, you traitor. You who were instrumental in privatising this great service that we were all once proud to be a part of. And now you (like DVB) are willing it that the one hope that we, the working and middle classes, have of justice and equality, be thwarted, be strangled in the crib.

And I'm supposed to be a Trotskyist cos I don't want to offer him a cup of tea and a scone ???? :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do