"Corbynista" isn't meant in a good way either...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Corbyn
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
I was too old for the punk era. I did hear the Clash at the Rock Against Racism/ Anti Nazi League Carnival in Victoria Park in 1979 - I was a front of stage steward and had to wear a binbag for some protection from the spit raining down from the first few rows of punks.
But I couldn't make out the lyrics of any of their songs, just sounded like a lot of noise. I'm an old fogey (like dvbuk55). I like country & western music.
I saw Kristofferson live at the Mean Fiddler on his 65th birthday. Unfortunately i missed his performance at the Union Chapel last year.
But I couldn't make out the lyrics of any of their songs, just sounded like a lot of noise. I'm an old fogey (like dvbuk55). I like country & western music.
I saw Kristofferson live at the Mean Fiddler on his 65th birthday. Unfortunately i missed his performance at the Union Chapel last year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by baldrick on 24 Aug 2016, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
DVB didn't know that. He'd read "Corbynista" in The Sun and thought it was witty and acerbic. He jumped on it with gusto. So much so that he's repeated the term ad nauseam in this and other threads. Usually followed by abaldrick wrote:Reminds me of 'Sandanista', the socialist movement in Nicaragua who overthrew a corrupt right wing regime.
And that, in a nutshell, has been the gist of the counter Corbyn argument in this and other threads. Pretty meagre really. Not much going on. Mockery and ridicule.
Tell you what song DVB brings to mind - Pink Floyd, Money -
"Money, get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit"
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
Your right baldrick, I did get it from the Daily Mail. I stopped subscribing to The Sun when they did away with Page 3baldrick wrote:Now now jetblack, dvbuk55 wouldn't read the Sun.![]()
He read it in the Daily Mail.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Corbyn
Dear old Jet maybe be attempting to portray himself as some sort of high-minded liberal, but that Floyd track is closer to the truth than he likes to admit to.
After all, it's why people get out of bed in the morning, why they work and study hard at school and then do a further two years at college, then lace themselves up for a student loan and another three years at university, and then find a job often involving more study and learning.
Even the ones who become GPs, surgeons etc to "help people" don't say no to the £100 grand pa pay cheque.
High-minded socialist principles never seemed to prevent politicians, union guys, musicians, lecturers, etc etc from eating in "better" restaurants, driving nice new cars and living in those detested middle-class areas when finances allowed it.
Live the dream rather than the nightmare, I suppose..
After all, it's why people get out of bed in the morning, why they work and study hard at school and then do a further two years at college, then lace themselves up for a student loan and another three years at university, and then find a job often involving more study and learning.
Even the ones who become GPs, surgeons etc to "help people" don't say no to the £100 grand pa pay cheque.
High-minded socialist principles never seemed to prevent politicians, union guys, musicians, lecturers, etc etc from eating in "better" restaurants, driving nice new cars and living in those detested middle-class areas when finances allowed it.
Live the dream rather than the nightmare, I suppose..
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
I'm a fan of C&W too though I'm not familiar with KKs music I must admit. I don't know if you watch the tv show "Nashville" but that's great if you like that genre of music. Old Fogey? 70 isn't old baldrick it's the new 50baldrick wrote: I like country & western music. I'm an old fogey (like dvbuk55).
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
Well some people age better than others and are senile at 70, becoming delusional and repeating things ad nauseam. Are you sure that's your maid bringing you your breakfast or the psychiatric outreach nurse with your medication? 
Last edited by baldrick on 24 Aug 2016, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
I did watch one episode of Nashville but couldn't get into it. I'll have another try.
You should listen to some kk. He does produce thought provoking stuff. He comes across as quite left wing, but he was a helicopter pilot with the US Rangers (a special forces unit) in Vietnam.
I like Merle Haggard and Dolly Parton too.
You should listen to some kk. He does produce thought provoking stuff. He comes across as quite left wing, but he was a helicopter pilot with the US Rangers (a special forces unit) in Vietnam.
I like Merle Haggard and Dolly Parton too.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
baldrick wrote:Well some people age better than others and are senile at 70, repeating things ad nauseam. Are you sure that's your maid bringing you your breakfast or the psychiatric outreach nurse?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
I'll give him a try.. I always think of him as an actor though. I met quite a number of pilots and US Rangers when I was in the far east in the 60s, they used to come to Hong Kong on R&R. Certainly never nutcases as sometimes portrayed. It was whilst I was there I began to play the guitar as you know you have a lot of down time. It was mostly Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Willie Nelson, George Jones all those out and out country singers really. One of my favourites was "He stopped loving her today".baldrick wrote:I did watch one episode of Nashville but couldn't get into it. I'll have another try.
You should listen to some kk. He does produce thought provoking stuff. He comes across as quite left wing, but he was a helicopter pilot with the US Rangers (a special forces unit) in Vietnam.
I like Merle Haggard and Dolly Parton too.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
I like Dylan and Willie Nelson too. I never learnt to play an instrument. I wish I had. I had thought I might when I retired but I'm too lazy to do the practicing required.
When kk was in Vietnam and you were in the Far East, i was protesting against the Vietnam War. I think we were lucky that Harold Wilson declined LBJ's invitation to that party. You might nor be around now if he had done a Blair. See a Labour Government did make a difference to your life.
When kk was in Vietnam and you were in the Far East, i was protesting against the Vietnam War. I think we were lucky that Harold Wilson declined LBJ's invitation to that party. You might nor be around now if he had done a Blair. See a Labour Government did make a difference to your life.
Last edited by baldrick on 27 Aug 2016, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Corbyn
Yes!dvbuk55 wrote:baldrick wrote:Well some people age better than others and are senile at 70, repeating things ad nauseam. Are you sure that's your maid bringing you your breakfast or the psychiatric outreach nurse?I'll ask her next time she brings up my medication, err I mean breakfast. Hey do you think I could be senile and hadn't noticed
Last edited by baldrick on 27 Aug 2016, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.