Yet another good day for democracy. Michael Fosters legal challenge to overturn the NEC's decision to allow the incumbent leader to be on the ballot, today failed.
He'll be wanting the 1/4 of a million he donated to the Labour Party back then
Of course, being one of the UK's (250,000) jews, Mr. Fosters real concern wasn't the legal intracacies of the Labour Party constitution - it was Jeremy Corbyns stance on Israel. What this has to do with the people of the UK is beyond me to be honest.
Here is Mr.Foster expressing his views.
Apparently Jewish donors make up 1/3 of the Labour Party's overall donations. I hope this isn't on the pretext that the UK Labour Party supports Benjamin Netanyahu's recent war crimes in Gaza.
There has to be a strong argument here for the state funding of political parties. Private funding lays the whole system wide open to corruption and vested interests buying power and influence.
Still - those vested interests lost the day today.
edit. before anyone jumps in, it doesn't make me an anti-semite because I have dared to mention Jews in a post. Nor, if I am able to back up my assertions, would it make me an anti-semite if I were to mention disproportionate aggression and violence meted out and perpetrated by Israel, one of
the largest miltary powers in the world, upon Palestine. (Israel has the
3rd largest military spending per head in the world ).