update, have managed to claim sick £74 a week, yippee
manager phone me on 17th august asking if i could do anything in the way of restricted duties, i confirmed i am ok for a collection, any indoor duties and maybe part delivery, he phoned me back on 19th to say he would pass it to OHS. ( currently having additional meds with another procedure planned, still hoping for full recovery)
annoyingly i contacted OHS myself last week and sunday they replied saying they have not recieved anything
so i'm willing to work and managers seemingly being helpful but basically lying to me and preventing me from even speaking to ohs
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
advice req ( sick )
-
kawa19_81
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 14:05
- Gender: Male
Re: advice req ( sick )
Hiya, may I please ask you something? After 6 months, when you went into half pay, did you receive half pay and statutory sick pay on top of the half pay?harry hill wrote: ↑28 Jul 2020, 18:32hi, I'm currently off and not getting any pay as I've gone over the 12 months in 4 years
i've been off nearly 8 months this time with a reoccurrence of the same problem that I had a couple of years back, having been waiting since April for a new appointment that was cancelled due to COVID and still not been seen ( have tried trust me )
I did have a procedure in Feb which worked but failed again before I got back to work
I was due to go in early March to discuss matters but was told to stay at home (lockdown was just kicking in) , and that's been the case since
I did try to get back and perhaps do 'collections' which I feel I could manage but OHS explained RM want to give a max of 6 weeks rehab and to return to my normal duty of postman, OHS said ive not fit enough to do that ( which im not, but collections I could probably manage) so that was a no go
in the mean time they don't really seem to care now im not getting paid, no phone calls, nothing
any advice would be great thanks
is there anything I could be doing, should be doing etc ?
Thanks in advance
-
kawa19_81
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 14:05
- Gender: Male
Re: advice req ( sick )
Hi,Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑12 Aug 2020, 05:46If he's been off for 8 months and on nil pay he already has, SSP is used to make up part of our overall sick pay package.Yes but you must claim ssp first for 28 weeks.
When we go onto half pay after 6 months, do we receive half pay plus SSP ?
Thanks
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: advice req ( sick )
No.kawa19_81 wrote: ↑05 Mar 2021, 11:05Hi,Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑12 Aug 2020, 05:46If he's been off for 8 months and on nil pay he already has, SSP is used to make up part of our overall sick pay package.Yes but you must claim ssp first for 28 weeks.
When we go onto half pay after 6 months, do we receive half pay plus SSP ?
Thanks
The company claims your SSP allocation and tops it up to either full pay or half pay.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
kawa19_81
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 14:05
- Gender: Male
Re: advice req ( sick )
Thanks for your reply, the letter states, as of 15/3/21 your pay will reduce to half pay. It then states: YOU may in ADDITION, be entitled to receive SSP as long as your half pay and SSP combined does not exceed your normal full pay??Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑05 Mar 2021, 12:04No.kawa19_81 wrote: ↑05 Mar 2021, 11:05Hi,Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑12 Aug 2020, 05:46If he's been off for 8 months and on nil pay he already has, SSP is used to make up part of our overall sick pay package.Yes but you must claim ssp first for 28 weeks.
When we go onto half pay after 6 months, do we receive half pay plus SSP ?
Thanks
The company claims your SSP allocation and tops it up to either full pay or half pay.