fishtank wrote:The union has already won improvements in the DC scheme and the strategy now is not just to fight the closure of the DB scheme but also fight for further improvements to the DC scheme, if you had bothered to read the odd LTB or visit the union website you would know that.
That's great news. Perhaps the union should aim for improvements to the DC scheme that would be attractive to all employees, including those on the older schemes. Perhaps some of the costs currently being put towards funding the DB scheme would help in that direction.
Then I'd happily join you on the gate.
So let me get this straight, since I started my pension has deteriorated considerably and yours has improved since you started.
In order to join me on the gate you want to see my pension deteriorate further and yours improve further?
To be honest, I'd rather you didn't bother.
When I started this job the pay was shite, I could have earned more working in a supermarket, the thing that drew me to the job was the pension, we've fought hard to get the pay up to a decent level and personally I've lost a lot of money in strike days over the years, You are enjoying the benefit of that lost pay every time you go to the bank, thanks for the reciprocal support.
So let ME get this straight. You are quite happy as long as your pension is better than mine.
The problem with selling future colleagues out, is that eventually those future colleagues will outnumber you.
My offer to strike so that everyone who does the same job gets the same benefits, remains the same.
Well I am afraid if you don't bother striking for pensions because "ours are better than yours", then yours won't improve because Royal Mail will know the commitment to strike to improve your pension isn't there.
I guess the big book of management "Divide and Conquer" can be thrown away, its worked.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
As an existing pensioner, the most important fact about pensions are that they represent deferred income. Therefore any changes to that deferred income by way of a downgrade or reduction of company contribution whilst working, represents a reduction of your overall pay package. In that respect all colleagues whether they are unionised or have not joined the CWU should be prepared to rally together to fight an employer that continually expects more work with diminishing remuneration and reducing health and safety structures.
I'm on a DC pension plan, and the forecast amounts are pretty pitiful, even though I'm on the top tier 6% + 9%. So I would like to see that improve, maybe have a proportion of OT pay factored into it.
However, even though it doesn't effect me if the union do a national ballot and it comes back in favour of striking over the changes to DB, then yes I will support it, because we have to remain united, soon as the workforce is fractured, the union will be done and so will our T&Cs.