ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Picking Spare Rounds
-
Ringer21
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
- Gender: Male
Picking Spare Rounds
I've worked for Royal Mail for 11 years on a 35 hour contract the office is just going through a revision and I'm being told I'm not able to get a round but the 20 people below me on seniority on 30 hours will get to pick a round 5 of us are on 35 hour contracts and only three 35 hour duties so 2 of us have to be spare the union rep suggested I should reduce my hours to 30 then I'd be top of seniority for part time staff does seniority not come into this
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32787
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Picking Spare Rounds
Get rid of your rep - wtf!Ringer21 wrote:I've worked for Royal Mail for 11 years on a 35 hour contract the office is just going through a revision and I'm being told I'm not able to get a round but the 20 people below me on seniority on 30 hours will get to pick a round 5 of us are on 35 hour contracts and only three 35 hour duties so 2 of us have to be spare the union rep suggested I should reduce my hours to 30 then I'd be top of seniority for part time staff does seniority not come into this
Need peeps who have multi hr contracts in their office to help you here.Or at least your area rep involved.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Ringer21
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
- Gender: Male
Picking Spare Rounds
My area rep is involved he's agreed it all with my office rep and managers they reckon it's the way forward and most offices in the country have full time reserves think I need to take it further but not sure what direction to go in
-
Vwtouran
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Picking Spare Rounds
What happens if 2 postmen started the same date regarding the re-pick, don't think it goes by age anymore?
-
stodgy88
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Picking Spare Rounds
hello, in our office nearly all the walks have been changed, are we now obliged to have a repick-thanks.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Picking Spare Rounds
With me and another person who started on the same day it went by alphabetic order,Vwtouran wrote:What happens if 2 postmen started the same date regarding the re-pick, don't think it goes by age anymore?
For we were soldiers once,and young