ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Tman
Posts: 4144
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by Tman »

POSTMAN wrote:
drifta08 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You can only do it through OH Assist as they give a medical opinion to your Manager who, depending on his grade, either approves it or passes it up the line.
can being ill health retired affect me in the future when applying for jobs is it on my record n.i number ect??????????
Q "Reason for leaving last employment?"

A "I was medically retired because I couldn't do the job anymore"

You don't think that'll affect your job chances if there's even a small degree of physical exertion?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by k979aaa »

Tman wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
drifta08 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You can only do it through OH Assist as they give a medical opinion to your Manager who, depending on his grade, either approves it or passes it up the line.
can being ill health retired affect me in the future when applying for jobs is it on my record n.i number ect??????????
Q "Reason for leaving last employment?"

A "I was medically retired because I couldn't do the job anymore"

You don't think that'll affect your job chances if there's even a small degree of physical exertion?
It's like the army plenty of fit people who cannot serve the needs of the business because of one reason or another! Or should we allow mass immigration so those that have fallen in duty be replaced by those deemed fit from abroad but I bet you would have something to say about that too.
drifta08
Posts: 9
Joined: 16 Jan 2016, 01:35
Gender: Male

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by drifta08 »

Im worried my back will never be the same again lads .there's no amount of money that can give u ur old back back :so there I'm intrested in someone who has been ihr to come in the thread and say if it has affected them in any way shape or form ..
drifta08
Posts: 9
Joined: 16 Jan 2016, 01:35
Gender: Male

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by drifta08 »

Tman wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
drifta08 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You can only do it through OH Assist as they give a medical opinion to your Manager who, depending on his grade, either approves it or passes it up the line.
can being ill health retired affect me in the future when applying for jobs is it on my record n.i number ect??????????
Q "Reason for leaving last employment?"

A "I was medically retired because I couldn't do the job anymore"

You don't think that'll affect your job chances if there's even a small degree of physical exertion?
Lol
blakeyboy
Posts: 104
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by blakeyboy »

If your back is in that much agony why are you still working and not off on the sick?If your still going to the gym your back can't be in that much pain can it?Sounds to me as if you've just had enough of the job and looking for an easy way out.
Tman
Posts: 4144
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by Tman »

It's like the army plenty of fit people who cannot serve the needs of the business because of one reason or another! Or should we allow mass immigration so those that have fallen in duty be replaced by those deemed fit from abroad but I bet you would have something to say about that too.
Not having a clue what point you're attempting to make, I don't know if I would or not.
Try proof reading before posting, or better yet, don't hijack someone's request for info with your inanities.
drifta08
Posts: 9
Joined: 16 Jan 2016, 01:35
Gender: Male

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by drifta08 »

blakeyboy wrote:If your back is in that much agony why are you still working and not off on the sick?If your still going to the gym your back can't be in that much pain can it?Sounds to me as if you've just had enough of the job and looking for an easy way out.
f**k off !! u dont no what ive been through mate .u try being in pain everyday for 5 years straight because of a job
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: How do I get I'll health retired ? I want to leave this horrible job!!

Post by spiderj »

Request oh assist services-if u don't,no ihr

Record everything

Tax wise,depends when your well enough to start work

Shares,tax free

Get support from gp,also you can request a letter of support £15/20

Take a rep/mate in who knows the score to all meetings.

When you get financial figures tally them with you're own.

Main thing is oh assist though fella,if you don't go and see them youll not be considered for it.

As far as affecting future jobs....depends what you will be going for,I'll never do manual labour again due to my health issues,which weren't helped by the job.
But ask yourself if you can work another seven years with the pain you're in.

Me,I'm retraining but I prepared for a period of unemployment by refurbishing the whole house and paying off all our debt.

Write a list of pros and cons and how to acheive what you want

Good luck and there are the current docs on here and cwu site,but you really need to see oh assist. :cuppa
I won