Loopylau89 wrote:I didnt go in for the meeting ill have a chat with my rep tomorrow! I know theres a strike planned as seen it in local media i just dont know the dates, reading some of the comments the locals arent best pleased, as you can probably tell im new to all this as only been a postie for 5 weeks, im a bit worried about what reaction im going to get tomorrow when im back out on my round, if any reaction?
I wouldn't be worried most people won't even realise there is a strike at first and even then its my experience that most are supportive when you explain why the strike is happening. Keep an eye on stuff from the Union explaining why the strike is happening and then tell that to anyone who asks. If you are for or against the strike be honest that's all anyone can ask.
The public are a mercurial lot anyway. On one strike back in 2007 I was photographed on the picket line and it appeared in the local paper. Went on delivery next day (strike was 1 dayer) and 1 of my customers congratulated me on not striking that day, she was not best please when I pointed out the photo on the front page of the paper she was holding.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Had nothing to worry about! Union repsfilled me in on details and despite it being on the news. And in newspaper noone said a thing to me, also seems that the strike may occour on my day off so will not need to get involved :)
True blue your comment about the newspaper with you on it made me laugh
Loopylau89 wrote:Had nothing to worry about! Union repsfilled me in on details and despite it being on the news. And in newspaper noone said a thing to me, also seems that the strike may occour on my day off so will not need to get involved :)
True blue your comment about the newspaper with you on it made me laugh
so the Question is would you go on strike whether its your day off dr not
Loopylau89 wrote:Had nothing to worry about! Union repsfilled me in on details and despite it being on the news. And in newspaper noone said a thing to me, also seems that the strike may occour on my day off so will not need to get involved :)
True blue your comment about the newspaper with you on it made me laugh
"seems that the strike may occour on my day off" 20th and 29th ? That's Crown Post Office staff though.
I too heard a misleading news item on the radio today though.
Well i dont know because as i said before i have my little one and wont have childcare for him on that day, and hes only 15 months so wouldnt really be good to take him, he would be all over the place and very whingy lol! Our first planned strike is for july, i know it will fall on a day off i have worked it out lol
Loopylau89 wrote:Well i dont know because as i said before i have my little one and wont have childcare for him on that day, and hes only 15 months so wouldnt really be good to take him, he would be all over the place and very whingy lol! Our first planned strike is for july, i know it will fall on a day off i have worked it out lol
I am guessing you are Post Office Counters, if you need support/advice about supporting strike action on your 'day off' contact your Branch Secretary.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
aiden01 wrote:would you have a clear conscience if you crossed a picket line I would say a whole lot of other posties have childcare issues also.
She's not saying she would cross a picket line.
She's saying it's her day off and she won't make it down to the office to offer support because she has childcare issues.
Think it was a genuine Question ft and only 1 person can answer that reading between the lines I personally don't think she is prepared to take strike action hope I,m totally wrong.
aiden01 wrote:Think it was a genuine Question ft and only 1 person can answer that reading between the lines I personally don't think she is prepared to take strike action hope I,m totally wrong.
I am prepared to take strike action just a struggle when its my day off, we have three planned on consecutive saturdays so the first one im off, the second two dates i will support my DO and strike with my collegues (if it comes to that) my question wasnt about whether to strike or not it was to find out if i had to go into work for a gate meeting