not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 21:01

Anyone been advised to do this?

Basically 1/6th of the office are off

Means they need to cover

Approach is you take what mail you want on your own round and anything tracked then a little off another round

Is the an agreed standard?

Obviously business is struggling with COVID but it seems a bit wrong to me and I’ve had no response from anyone I’ve asked

Thankyou

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 21:14

One it is not your mail or your duty it is at the managers discretion and they should live and die by the sword if a customer asks me why we cannot deliver it is a management decision and tell them so!

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 21:30

Yep even a duty holder can get moved wherever he or she is needed.if your boss wants it done that way then that's the way it has to be.every single office will do it differently which is why this company is a bloody shambles.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 21:34

postieblueshirt wrote:Yep even a duty holder can get moved wherever he or she is needed.if your boss wants it done that way then that's the way it has to be.every single office will do it differently which is why this company is a bloody shambles.

No pride in the job as ultimately it is not your job.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 21:52

Alfreton wrote:
Approach is you take what mail you want on your own round and anything tracked then a little off another round



Basically the only thing you have Definite Control over is your "contracted finish time". :thumbup Everything else is your manager's decision. If he wants you to leave some of "Your" walk and take some from another that's up to him. :crazy:

However he can't expect you to complete "Your" duty and take half of another IF it will take you over your "Official " Finish time. :no no He'll often say something like "If you go over I'll pay you overtime", but that IS your choice. just tell him you intend to finish at your "Official" Finish time and ask him what he wants you to do.

So in essence you will still being the same ammount of work during your contacted hours, but it might be a bit your not familiar with (which is inefficient and will probably take you longer, which your DOM will probably realise after a few days)! :cuppa

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 21:57

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Alfreton wrote:
Approach is you take what mail you want on your own round and anything tracked then a little off another round



Basically the only thing you have Definite Control over is your "contracted finish time". :thumbup Everything else is your manager's decision. If he wants you to leave some of "Your" walk and take some from another that's up to him. :crazy:

However he can't expect you to complete "Your" duty and take half of another IF it will take you over your "Official " Finish time. :no no He'll often say something like "If you go over I'll pay you overtime", but that IS your choice. just tell him you intend to finish at your "Official" Finish time and ask him what he wants you to do.

So in essence you will still being the same ammount of work during your contacted hours, but it might be a bit your not familiar with (which is inefficient and will probably take you longer, which your DOM will probably realise after a few days)! :cuppa

While I agree 100% with you some may have temporary contracts and saying what you and I would do is different kettle of fish!

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 22:00

Most of the non drivers in my office were taken off their duties and put on the ones closest to the office and drivers put on the ones furthest away

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

27 Sep 2020, 22:04

Acca Dacca wrote:Most of the non drivers in my office were taken off their duties and put on the ones closest to the office and drivers put on the ones furthest away


Makes sense.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

28 Sep 2020, 07:47

Acca Dacca wrote:Most of the non drivers in my office were taken off their duties and put on the ones closest to the office and drivers put on the ones furthest away



Yip defo makes sense every postie has the same duty span ,
And it's up to the manager to fill that , not the postie's to moan about other postie's daily workload.
Trust me the managers love when we argue,so don't give them any ammo

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

28 Sep 2020, 16:03

In normal times it would go down a USO failure, in Covid times...it's a free for all.
Royal Mail & CWU National Joint Statement Avoiding Delay (Commit to Deliver) and Reporting Standards

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

28 Sep 2020, 16:35

There's nothing you can do, same in our office. They also keep moving duty holders off their jobs to cover rurals or commercial jobs. Untimately all the duties are considered the same so moving you from one to the other is a reasonable request. Just work to rule; cut off if you can't complete. Make it awkward for them, they tend to bother others then.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

28 Sep 2020, 16:42

Who gives a f**k?
It isn't your mail. It isn't your round.
They employ you for x hours each day.
Work them and then f**k off home.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

28 Sep 2020, 16:47

Up to 1/4 of our duties are failing the USO, but it's the same duties every time. Nothing to do with how easy they are to cover, almost always down to staff that are less likely to create a fuss getting told to fail their walk and cover the days off of staff who WOULD kick up a fuss if they return to 2 days worth of mail.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

28 Sep 2020, 20:54

clashcityrocker wrote:Who gives a f**k?
It isn't your mail. It isn't your round.
They employ you for x hours each day.
Work them and then f**k off home.

Spot on

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

29 Sep 2020, 21:45

Cucumber wrote:Up to 1/4 of our duties are failing the USO, but it's the same duties every time. Nothing to do with how easy they are to cover, almost always down to staff that are less likely to create a fuss getting told to fail their walk and cover the days off of staff who WOULD kick up a fuss if they return to 2 days worth of mail.


It the squeaky wheel that gets the oil mate! I can hear them in my office when they come back from their day off interrogating the day off cover about where they went & what they did. :crazy: Moaning because they'd left gravel in the footwell, or dropped some elastic bands! :shock: I always think FFS just enjoy your day off and be thankfull someone's delivering your mail for you, don't worry about if they'd 739d a customer when you normally hide their parcel in the shed. :cuppa

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

30 Sep 2020, 16:23

Seymour Buts wrote:There's nothing you can do, same in our office. They also keep moving duty holders off their jobs to cover rurals or commercial jobs. Untimately all the duties are considered the same so moving you from one to the other is a reasonable request. Just work to rule; cut off if you can't complete. Make it awkward for them, they tend to bother others then.


There are people in my office that haven't been moved off their duty in 20 years. It's the same 5 or 6 people that are always picked on.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

30 Sep 2020, 19:16

fatmike wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:There's nothing you can do, same in our office. They also keep moving duty holders off their jobs to cover rurals or commercial jobs. Untimately all the duties are considered the same so moving you from one to the other is a reasonable request. Just work to rule; cut off if you can't complete. Make it awkward for them, they tend to bother others then.


There are people in my office that haven't been moved off their duty in 20 years. It's the same 5 or 6 people that are always picked on.


I fully agree with you.
There's a hardcore of people always asked to be the ones to do the moving about, cover the awkward tasks. A few people complained about it once in our unit and were told just to get on with it by the senior staff.
Strangely though, one day day one of the 'just get on with it' brigade was asked to do something slightly different from their normal task, and I kid you not, they got a union rep to come in on their day off to raise a formal complaint.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

30 Sep 2020, 20:15

Cucumber wrote:
fatmike wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:There's nothing you can do, same in our office. They also keep moving duty holders off their jobs to cover rurals or commercial jobs. Untimately all the duties are considered the same so moving you from one to the other is a reasonable request. Just work to rule; cut off if you can't complete. Make it awkward for them, they tend to bother others then.


There are people in my office that haven't been moved off their duty in 20 years. It's the same 5 or 6 people that are always picked on.


I fully agree with you.
There's a hardcore of people always asked to be the ones to do the moving about, cover the awkward tasks. A few people complained about it once in our unit and were told just to get on with it by the senior staff.
Strangely though, one day day one of the 'just get on with it' brigade was asked to do something slightly different from their normal task, and I kid you not, they got a union rep to come in on their day off to raise a formal complaint.


Got a good number of them characters in my office too. They think because they have been putting bits of paper through doors for 20/40 years that they have the god given right to run the place. They get all the best holidays, best duties, never over their time. Work one hours overtime and get paid four. And whatever you do NEVER finish before them if you have less seniority as you will never hear the end of it. Pathetic w*****s the lot of them.

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

01 Oct 2020, 09:04

toonshola wrote:
Cucumber wrote:
fatmike wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:There's nothing you can do, same in our office. They also keep moving duty holders off their jobs to cover rurals or commercial jobs. Untimately all the duties are considered the same so moving you from one to the other is a reasonable request. Just work to rule; cut off if you can't complete. Make it awkward for them, they tend to bother others then.


There are people in my office that haven't been moved off their duty in 20 years. It's the same 5 or 6 people that are always picked on.


I fully agree with you.
There's a hardcore of people always asked to be the ones to do the moving about, cover the awkward tasks. A few people complained about it once in our unit and were told just to get on with it by the senior staff.
Strangely though, one day day one of the 'just get on with it' brigade was asked to do something slightly different from their normal task, and I kid you not, they got a union rep to come in on their day off to raise a formal complaint.


Got a good number of them characters in my office too. They think because they have been putting bits of paper through doors for 20/40 years that they have the god given right to run the place. They get all the best holidays, best duties, never over their time. Work one hours overtime and get paid four. And whatever you do NEVER finish before them if you have less seniority as you will never hear the end of it. Pathetic w*****s the lot of them.


When they started 20 / 40 Years ago they would be making the the same comments as your making about Senior Staff , nothing changes in R M

Failing your own mail to do other rounds...

04 Oct 2020, 06:58

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Cucumber wrote:Up to 1/4 of our duties are failing the USO, but it's the same duties every time. Nothing to do with how easy they are to cover, almost always down to staff that are less likely to create a fuss getting told to fail their walk and cover the days off of staff who WOULD kick up a fuss if they return to 2 days worth of mail.


It the squeaky wheel that gets the oil mate! I can hear them in my office when they come back from their day off interrogating the day off cover about where they went & what they did. :crazy: Moaning because they'd left gravel in the footwell, or dropped some elastic bands! :shock: I always think FFS just enjoy your day off and be thankfull someone's delivering your mail for you, don't worry about if they'd 739d a customer when you normally hide their parcel in the shed. :cuppa


Same here. There’s one woman who’s round I cover, she signs for specials at one house if they fit through the door (pre covid as well). She says they tip her £100 a year so it’s worth it. They get a special most days but are never in, I’ve already told the duty holder 1. I don’t sign for specials and 2. Unlike her I don’t get £100 to risk it. It’s constant, where did I P739, what time did I finish...at my office most of the managers are actually decent, some posties are far worse than them!

There’s some great senior postmen here, who enjoy their day off and if you P739 something they just say well they can always have it redelivered.

But like you say it’s the ones who complain because you didn’t park the van in a good spot to get away early or moan because they’ve come back to 2 days Mail.

I’m a spare (not my choice) doing 6 days a week (my choice), I’m basically moved from round to round clearing 2, 3, sometimes 4 days mail every day. It’s very rare I’m on a round where everything went the previous day. I’d happily swap contracts and jobs with anyone complaining because once a week they have 2 days of mail.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1