not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 21:57

I did not open them - contents fell out due to the cardboard flap system they use.
First one - a box of 12 half size pencils - I asked the recipient to check their order , expecting their jewellery to have been swopped out - no, it was correct.
Second occasion - drawing pins. Delivered , no comment.

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 22:06

pencils and drawing pins? guaranteed by one?!

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 22:39

The service has been paid for, it's irrelevant what's in it.

At the moment they're not 1pm specials btw, they have to be delivered by 4pm.

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 22:44

sindba wrote:The service has been paid for, it's irrelevant what's in it.

I thought they were guaranteed by 9?

also, just on a tangent, I've been noticing that those amazon boxes are starting to not be sealed properly by the sender. I had one today that was almost off, they hadn't removed the plastic backing and the box was essentially just a work in progress :roll:

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 22:48

xPandabear1992x wrote:
sindba wrote:The service has been paid for, it's irrelevant what's in it.

I thought they were guaranteed by 9?

also, just on a tangent, I've been noticing that those amazon boxes are starting to not be sealed properly by the sender. I had one today that was almost off, they hadn't removed the plastic backing and the box was essentially just a work in progress :roll:

Was 9pm, it's 4pm from Monday.

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 23:00

But not all delivery offices in the UK will change on Monday. Some will stick to the usual times.

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 23:34

Amazon 1pm specials.

I feel like they are a trojan horse to overwhelm the special delivery service

In my area during 1st lockdown each rural of 500 calls were taking 30 specials A DAY. Its crazy.

Rumour is that Amazon is going back to shunting lots out back with RM Special Delivery because we are in the 2nd lockdown now.

Christmas is going to be the busiest ever

Amazon 1pm Specials

26 Sep 2020, 23:43

Who cares what’s in them. Get them done and if you don’t have enough time left to finish let the manger worry about it.

Amazon 1pm Specials

27 Sep 2020, 06:46

I thought it was that we (RM) are treating all Amazon Prime items as 1pm Specials?

Amazon 1pm Specials

27 Sep 2020, 09:43

Bboingg wrote:I did not open them - contents fell out due to the cardboard flap system they use.
First one - a box of 12 half size pencils - I asked the recipient to check their order , expecting their jewellery to have been swopped out - no, it was correct.
Second occasion - drawing pins. Delivered , no comment.

Take a photo as evidence to cover yourself if it happens again.

Munchboii wrote:Amazon 1pm specials.

I feel like they are a trojan horse to overwhelm the special delivery service

Rumour is that Amazon is going back to shunting lots out back with RM Special Delivery because we are in the 2nd lockdown now.

Been done before, offices overrun with free energy saving lightbulbs and idiotic delivery dates for DSA. RM had the sense that time to go to the watchdog and get it sorted.

Amazon 1pm Specials

27 Sep 2020, 22:23

Contents is irrelevant. The buyer wants / needs it asap and has therefore paid for the premium service.

You'll get cheap tat sent via SD while expensive designer shoes / clothing sent normal 2nd class parcels. Its all the same to me. I just deliver it.

I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm. Didnt ask when it'll start as we were talking about the new inflight stuff especially the extra scanning needed for specials etc.....boring stuff.

Amazon 1pm Specials

27 Sep 2020, 22:43

Route1 wrote:Contents is irrelevant. The buyer wants / needs it asap and has therefore paid for the premium service.

You'll get cheap tat sent via SD while expensive designer shoes / clothing sent normal 2nd class parcels. Its all the same to me. I just deliver it.

I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm. Didnt ask when it'll start as we were talking about the new inflight stuff especially the extra scanning needed for specials etc.....boring stuff.

Your right it is irrelevant at the moment but in normal times knowing you have to do half your rural backwards to get a pack of drawing pins to someone by 1PM is rather annoying.

Amazon 1pm Specials

28 Sep 2020, 00:59

Route1 wrote:I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm.

It starts today (Monday 28th September). It's on the RM website: https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/sp ... anteed-9am

Amazon 1pm Specials

28 Sep 2020, 19:38

Its ok for Royal mail to inform the customers about the change in specials times, but how about telling the workforce :arrrghhh . Not a word from my manager, but nothing new there really only hear from him if he wants to moan.

Amazon 1pm Specials

28 Sep 2020, 19:46

antthepost wrote:Its ok for Royal mail to inform the customers about the change in specials times, but how about telling the workforce :arrrghhh . Not a word from my manager, but nothing new there really only hear from him if he wants to moan.

We heard nothing from the managers in our office today too, antthepost. :no no

Amazon 1pm Specials

29 Sep 2020, 01:06

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Route1 wrote:I heard from the workplace coach 1pm specials were going to become 4pm instead of the current 9pm. Also 9am specials will become 11am instead of the current 12pm.

It starts today (Monday 28th September). It's on the RM website: https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/sp ... anteed-9am

Sorry for being pendantic but it starts on Tue 29th for posties. Mon 28th is the first day the service is available to buy meaning it will be Tuesdays specials. I'll crawl back & hid under my stone now.

I expect every manager in every office in the country will be informing all the posties :chuckle

Amazon 1pm Specials

29 Sep 2020, 05:41

Route1 wrote:pendantic

*pedantic

:wink:

Amazon 1pm Specials

29 Sep 2020, 05:46

PostmanBitesDog wrote:

*pedantic

Your being pendantic for pointing that out lol

Amazon 1pm Specials

29 Sep 2020, 06:04

postieblueshirt wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:

*pedantic

Your being pendantic for pointing that out lol

* You're
* pedantic

:wink: :wink: :chuckle

Amazon 1pm Specials

29 Sep 2020, 16:39

:Applause I work my hours and it does not matter what I'm actually delivering; or

RM is giving Amazon such a good deal that it can send pencils, pins or paper straws to customers by special delivery. Customers pay Amazon £7 a month or students get it free for 6 months and then pay £4 a month for the next year.These payments also cover other services such as videos, music etc as well as delivery. Maybe if the RM corporate/finance team did a better job we would have a pay deal by now. :Applause

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2