not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

PDAs

26 Sep 2020, 18:29

So from Monday signing in on PDA , any info on this

PDAs

26 Sep 2020, 19:02

No, not heard that & as Monday is next shift it isn't gonna happen.

PDAs

26 Sep 2020, 19:15

You mean signing in on PDA at start of duty instead of signing on sheets?

We have to sign for our PDAs in our office. It’s done at the same time as you collect and sign for your specials. I suppose they could change it so people collect them at the start of their duty. Would probably take at least 30 minutes for everyone to queue and collect them which would make the time you sign in to it not an accurate reflection of the actual time you started work anyway.

PDAs

26 Sep 2020, 19:19

Would also mean having to queue twice. Once for your PDA and once again later to collect your specials. Would waste 100’s of man hours per week and would make absolutely no sense. So, yeah, knowing Royal Mail it’s probably true.

PDAs

26 Sep 2020, 20:09

Zicomurphy wrote:We have to sign for our PDAs in our office. It’s done at the same time as you collect and sign for your specials.

Hmmm, not ours. We just grab them from a charging cabinet. But we should have them kept in the Callers Office where they're more secure. After all, those PDAs are worth about £1,000 each.

This leads me to question why so many Royal Mail delivery offices around this godforsaken country have different rules and work practices from each other. PDA sign-outs; saving up overtime hours to be used on other days (that's on another comment thread); Special Delivery Guaranteed deadlines adhered to or suspended; COVID-19 safety practices enforced or relaxed...

There's no consistency. :sad:

PDAs

26 Sep 2020, 22:54

Clocking in will be done with the Id badges. They made a big thing about 6 or 7 months ago about us oldies getting new ones as they now have a data chip in them.

PDAs

26 Sep 2020, 23:08

Non complacence since they did not give us a pay rise from this year of April the 6th tell all your workmates to do the same and give the same reason DO NOT USE THE PDA start of duty time till we get an agreement of such!

PDAs

27 Sep 2020, 02:17

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Clocking in will be done with the Id badges. They made a big thing about 6 or 7 months ago about us oldies getting new ones as they now have a data chip in them.

They've had either a chip or an RFID tag in them for years. The door locks at our place picks them up and if you walk under one of the RFID tag readers over a warehouse door, it picks them up

PDAs

27 Sep 2020, 06:44

SpacePhoenix wrote: one of the RFID tag readers over a warehouse door, it picks them up

The only ID tag I see being worn is in the pages of the Courier for photos, mines been in the glovebox of my car since the day I started :shhhhh

PDAs

27 Sep 2020, 09:51

Not heard anything about this in our unit

PDAs

27 Sep 2020, 15:08

As most men invariably have the PDA in their trousers pocket is there any risk of getting testicular cancer from having these signals going back and forth all our working days next to this part of our body? Has anyone looked into this?

PDAs

27 Sep 2020, 15:12

andyman606 wrote:As most men invariably have the PDA in their trousers pocket is there any risk of getting testicular cancer from having these signals going back and forth all our working days next to this part of our body? Has anyone looked into this?

Most male posties I've worked with simply don't have the balls to do the job properly. :wink:

PDAs

27 Sep 2020, 16:18

Don't worry the union is going to drop a bollock in the next couple of weeks.....fall in line with our nuclear outdoor actuals balls!

PDAs

27 Sep 2020, 16:47

In my experience your on your own but if the employer is trying to circumnavigate the rules of conditions of employment by introduction of unagreed working practices they and you are within your rights to refuse their instruction!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1