not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Internal vacancy website, is it just part time and reserve jobs on it?

25 Sep 2020, 20:05

Hi, I finally gained access to the successfactors website and started to look through the internal vacancy list.

Every vacancy I see seems to be about 25 hours a week and contract to next June, also they all seem to be reserve jobs. Is this the normal?

I’m currently on a 38 hour full time contract and was hoping for similar and my own delivery, not transferring to be a reserve (done it for many years) on 25 hours and being on new unfamiliar duties each day/week.

Do duties over 30 hours ever get advertised or am I wasting my time looking on that website?

25 Sep 2020, 21:05

It`s very rare for RM to offer 30 hours or more contracts, since the pandemic started they hire just on fixed contracts, something is on the way next June, don`t know what.

In my opinion, you are wasting your time on succes factors, if you want to transfer, pick a delivery office of your liking, go there and speak to the Dom, maybe work your day off there to see how it is and how the people are, then that Dom can help you transfer if he likes you.

If you do transfer is no guarantee you will get your own duty or same 38 hours though...

Maybe others will have more to add :)

25 Sep 2020, 21:31

The only way you will do it is to find a dom willing to take you on.I speak from experience I did it but it took nearly ten years to get it.

26 Sep 2020, 07:19

If you transfer in to an office you will most likely be a reserve until a duty becomes available to be signed for.

26 Sep 2020, 08:07

If there are full time vacancies in any unit they would be filled internally by the current part time staff.
Unless you have a particularly desirable skill set then a full time transfer is a pipe dream.

And even if you try and bypass Success Factors and contact the DOM direct, the transfer still has to go through official channels.

26 Sep 2020, 15:22

Thank you for your replies.

I’m going to be moving about 200 miles from where I live at the moment so visiting individual offices isn’t really an option. I have written to a few DOMs without a reply (no surprise really).

I’m struggling to see why successfactors actually exists as all the jobs listed are also on RM’s own job site that the public can see. I assumed (wrongly) that the website would show jobs exclusively for existing workers.

It’s looking like I’m going to have to take a 25 hour job and hope a full time job becomes available in that office reasonably quickly and that my 15+ years service will help. It’s either that or work as much OT as I can get :roll:

26 Sep 2020, 18:06

bricam2096 wrote:Thank you for your replies.

I’m going to be moving about 200 miles from where I live at the moment so visiting individual offices isn’t really an option. I have written to a few DOMs without a reply (no surprise really).

I’m struggling to see why successfactors actually exists as all the jobs listed are also on RM’s own job site that the public can see. I assumed (wrongly) that the website would show jobs exclusively for existing workers.

It’s looking like I’m going to have to take a 25 hour job and hope a full time job becomes available in that office reasonably quickly and that my 15+ years service will help. It’s either that or work as much OT as I can get :roll:

there's got to be some semblance of overtime somewhere given that A) the pandemic is still affecting workload and B) people aren't arsed in taking certain things out if someone can do it later in the day?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1